Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Dear Santa Claus Go Fuck Yourself Tour 2015  (Read 1760 times)

moncton velvet smooth

Dear Santa Claus Go Fuck Yourself Tour 2015
« on: Dec 14, 2015, 12:45 AM »
  I went to the show at Detroit's Masonic Temple on Saturday. Had a great time. It wasn't as magical as the 2010 show, but that's alright. I didn't really expect it to be. I definitely saw a lot of people seeing TPB live for the first time and I saw it was like that for them.
   Sat in the balcony, close to the front on the far left side. I'd say the place was 7/8ths full. Just a few sections in the far back balcony empty with a few scattered empty seats throughout the rest of the venue.
   I didn't see the Dearborn show a couple years back, and the Loving Touch where Lahey and Randy performed in May is too small for catcalls, but this show was virtually free of them, where the Redford Theatre show was alive and ornery with them. I mean, somebody yelling out "store bought Jamaican rum" real early on seemed to be some kind of fan version of Bubbles straightening his overexcited bird out, but it kept going on way too long. Not trying to go see Monty Python to hear some fanboy yelling out about the Spanish Inquisition and Dead Parrots, y'know.
  A couple girls in my section did yell out "Randy I love you" and "You're a genius, Bubbles" but no fake Donnies or Conkys could be heard.
   And the Boys seemed to have learnt how to harness the crowds desire to yell shit out - multiple "Fuck off Laheys!" requested and delivered as well as a hockey game style clap and chant "Pat-rick Sway-zee!" for Julian. Both Ricky and Bubbles played the crowd off Julian to comic effect.
   Robb Wells started cracking up a couple of times, once when one of the audience selected distraction freak dancers started unbuttoning his track pants and going for his bird, and once when the crowd upped the ante for "Fuck off, Lahey!" with the rhythmic clapping and sing song delivery. Nice to make the man laugh back. And Smith really liked working the crowd like a maestro, raising his hands to summon volume from the drunk and stoned hoard. A long way from his "we didn't know if we'd sell 5 tickets" at the end of their first show here. "We'll see ya next time" is what he said this time. Awesome. I hope they can bring J-Roc and T and some home movies from Trinity with little Mo.

I heard Robb Wells and Pat Roach were hanging out at the Lager House before the show. If somebody in Sunnyvale opens up a bar with a record store in the basement we know where they got the idea from.
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

moncton velvet smooth

Re: Dear Santa Claus Go Fuck Yourself Tour 2015
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2015, 04:30 AM »
John Dunsworth was kicking the knowledge, too, letting everybody know the Masonic Temple in Detroit is the world's largest and Houdini did his last show there. Slippin that shit in under the guise if Jim Lahey
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

shake

Re: Dear Santa Claus Go Fuck Yourself Tour 2015
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2015, 12:18 PM »
Cool, thanks for the review!