Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Canada turned left  (Read 2581 times)

riverman

Canada turned left
« on: Oct 20, 2015, 09:15 AM »
Looks like Canadian government  made a hard left turn following the United States lead 7 years ago. I hope it works out better for you than it did for us.
We got more taxes and more debt. We now spend 2.5 billion more per day than we collect in taxes. 18 trillion in debt and crime is out of control.
A balance of both parties worked better for us in the past

I know this forum isn't about this but  I just wanted you to know how it worked out for us.

shake

Re: Canada turned left
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2015, 04:32 PM »
That's one way to look at it.  Another is that Obama saved your country from the ruin another totally incompetent Republican would have caused and now the US economy is much better off.  Job numbers and the housing market are rebounding quite nicely!  Crime out of control?  Really?  And you're blaming Obama for that?

The vast majority of Canadians are grateful Harper is gone.

shake

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2015, 04:45 PM »

riverman

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2015, 08:50 AM »
Shake I am a very middle of the road when it comes to politics I hate it when people blindly stand behind liberal or conservative labels. I am also a business owner and I can tell you first hand Obama hasn't done anything to help the majority of the country. Recessions come and go no matter who the President is at the time Republican or Democrat. The leader has nothing to do with them. Under the last two Presidents the rich have done well on the backs of the poor. I have my business in a mostly black community and I have seen his policies destroy them. The unemployment rate for the Black community is the highest I have seen it in the my 50 plus years.
Please keep an open mind on politics both parties are out for themselves and their rich buddy first and last and the rest of us get he crumbs. Just because a person labels themselves doesn't mean that is who they are.

riverman

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2015, 08:57 AM »
What I was trying to say on my first post but I guess I failed is don't expect much to change it really didn't for us. Both parties here talk a good game but seem to be on the same page and the average person is paying the price.

shake

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2015, 09:00 AM »
Well I truly believe Obama did a better job than some bat shit crazy Republican like Romney would have.  This new cast of Republican contenders is even more scary!

And Canada has done better under a Liberal Govt than a Conservative most of the time in the past so we have no reason to worry. 

riverman

« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2016, 03:36 PM »
Looks like things are starting to turn south already. 
30 billion debt in his first budget. Didn't he promise a balance budget in his first 4 years.
 :shock:

shake

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2016, 05:22 PM »
Yeah but the Conservatives lied about the state of the budget they left, it was much worse than they claimed.  The pricks even sold their GM stock, from the bailout, just to make it look like they were going to deliver a balanced budget.  Anyway the people voted Trudeau because he promised to spend money, which is what is called for in times when the economy is in trouble.  The Cons were hell bent on a balanced budget, which does nobody any good in these times.  Justin is going to legalize pot, that should bring in a ton of revenue!

riverman

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2016, 01:00 PM »
The truth is both sides are the same they lie to get into office and then do what they want. In front of the camera they hate one another but in the backrooms they smoking good cigars, eating steak together like best friends and laughing at all of us sucker who put them in office.

shake

« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2016, 05:51 PM »
Except for Harper, he had no friends, not even in his own party