Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Met some Canadians this weekend  (Read 1548 times)

gabety

Met some Canadians this weekend
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:23 PM »
Met Tom and Sue who were visiting some friends of mine in Illinois that they met on a cruise.  Really nice people.  Showed me some of the Canadian paper/plastic, I guess currency would be the correct term.  Saw a Tooney and Looney, did I spell it right? 

They were a bit amazed when we discussed health care and insurance in the USofA.  They thought they were over taxed in Canada.  Might be but who doesn't think they are over taxed especially if you don't pay for health care.

When the evening ended I told them I was a fan of their greatest export,  "what would that be?"  The Trailer Park Boys I said.  I got a laugh and was told they were "has beens in Canada".   I smiled at them and reminded them that there were a whole lot of new fans finding them on Netflix. 
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Re: Met some Canadians this weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 10:14 AM »
You spelled loonie and toonie a little bit wrong (imho) but the "has beens" are filming their 10th season. Unheard of in Canadian TV. Heck, even some of the best 'merican shows don't go that long so fuck right off.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 09:33 PM »
You spelled loonie and toonie a little bit wrong (imho) but the "has beens" are filming their 10th season. Unheard of in Canadian TV. Heck, even some of the best 'merican shows don't go that long so fuck right off.
Fishy
  And some of the ones that do are shadows of their former selves, only around to be milked as cash cows. Did the US Office last ten seasons? Or does it just seem that way cause the last couple dragged along, being painfully unfunny. I gave up at some point, can't remember exactly how far I made it along..
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

gabety

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 06:03 PM »
Fishy

I got the feeling that they had probably "heard" of them and knew of the show but probably never watched it.  All that aside your fellow citizens were really nice folks.  Heck they didn't even sound that funny when they spoke, and I'm from Southeastern Illinois.  People in Chicago think I'm a hick from the South (the Confederate states that is) when I travel up there.
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!