Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 9 thoughts  (Read 3731 times)

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
Season 9 thoughts
« on: Apr 11, 2015, 03:52 PM »
Just finished S9 -- loved it.  I won't offer any spoilers, but there is some outlandish stuff -- and S8 was more bawdy than previous seasons as well!  Seems doing the Swearnet movie really loosed up the boys' funny boner. 

Great directions for the characters this season -- new villains, new authority figures, awesome Jim Lahey arc with a heartbreaking performance toward the end of the season.

Great directing by Torrens and others this season -- the park looks great!

Lots of that Platonium love shit with the boys too, and between the other characters -- that's the heart of TPB, and it's as great here as in any of the previous seasons.  Unlike some other new sitcoms, this season ends as strong as it began, something the boys have become really good at.  For a show that started off resisting the idea of season-long story arcs, it's become one of the best examples of that sitcom ethos.

So, is there any news on subsequent seasons?  I'd rather have more of the series than more movies!

DirtyLittleCheeseburger

Re: Season 9 thoughts
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2015, 04:31 PM »
Don't get me wrong I love the trailer park boys, but I didn't think season 9 was as good as season 8. I really didn't like private dancer. Too much time at the hotel meaning less time at the trailer park. Not enough Ricky in the trailer park. Lahey was way too sober, and once he started drinking he drank too much and was just too hard to understand, and he just stayed around the hot tub. Normally Lahey is all over the place causing chaos and trouble for the boys.  I'm a big Lahey fan but you need to be able to understand some of what is being said. The good news is that the boys said season 10 is more closer to their roots, we will see. I still enjoyed the season, it was better than 95% of the comedy sitcoms out there, it just didn't compare to the earlier seasons.
J-Roc raps about gangsters & guns, pimps & hos and Compton. The guy's not from Compton. He's a white kid from a trailer park. He should rap about what he really knows which is living in his mom's trailer eating peanut butter sandwiches.

gabety

« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2015, 09:31 PM »
I look forward to "!0" but I with hold  my support until I see it.  If they are returning to their roots I'm happy.  I realize the trailer park and its characters are fake and contractual problems abound.  Hope it's worked out.
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

magicmagic

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2016, 03:25 AM »
Hi to all,
thanks to netflix (just available in italy) i watched ALL trailer park boys season; i really like it but in my opinion the S9 is the worst of all: too many childish things. For example i can not stand looking at j-roc son, every time i saw it i must fast forward. Really annoying.

Hope they will be back to the roots really :)

m.

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2016, 08:26 AM »
I love season 9. Season 5 is my favorite, then 3, then 9
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2016, 02:07 AM »
I liked 10 too, better than 9.  I'd have to say 3 and 4 are the best ones though.