Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 9 Episode 10 The Liquor Snurf  (Read 6889 times)

shake

Season 9 Episode 10 The Liquor Snurf
« on: Mar 26, 2015, 08:21 PM »
Trailer Park Boys, Season 9, Episode #10, The Liquor Snurf Discussion Thread.

This thread will be opened after TPB season 9 is available on Netflix.  It is for discussion of what you thought about the episode.  People who have not seen the episode and want to avoid spoilers should stay out of this thread.

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2015, 02:23 AM by DavidB_Bubbles »

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
Re: Season 9 Episode 10 The Liquor Snurf
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2015, 12:18 AM »
Wow Hilarious Season of Trailer Park Boys.  Really enjoyed it.  I binged on Season 8.5 last night on SwearNet.  Which turned out to be a little over 3 hours of enjoyment.  Today I watch the first two episodes.  Had to get some shit done the watched the remaining 8 episodes.  Sam really is a fucking caveman. 

tripping

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2015, 11:37 AM »
Oh it is always sad when the last episode ends. Really enjoyed this season. Cant wait for the next. The writing is just as good if not better than it always has been. Good job boys!! Can't wait for next season! 

Cheers!!  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :ricky: :bubs: :julian: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

iamwhatiseem

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2015, 01:41 PM »

To me Season 8 was like the first season of the original series. It is easy to forget that the "new" TPB has different directors/producers/editors and new actors, etc. So it was very much like a first season. There was over-acting, some of the lines were not so great, scenes didn't always congeal together well and so on. But the foundation was good, the storyline was very good...just missing something.
  Season 9 -  much better. Everyone seems to be getting back into the groove, lines were not as strained, acting was better, scenes were shot better - just everything has improved. And the writing is top notch. So like the original series, the show is improving. And that is very good to see.
  Constructive criticism... I like the Don character better than Donna. Could just be me. I was glad to see J-Roc having a bigger role than Season 8, but I feel his role was out of character. J-Roc is NOT a "Julian minion"...his character is not a follower, he is a leader. All through the original series his relationship with Julian near equal, instead of Julian tellimg him what to do - they made deals with each other and  JRoc always benefited from the deal...he didn;t do anything unless there was something in it for him.
 I also didn't really like the role of T this season. In season 8 his character became stronger, in this season he was damn near a patsy for Sarah and distanced from JRoc. Not sure why it went that way.

All in all...some of the episodes of this season will likely become some of my favorites overall. Can't wait to watch this season over to catch things I missed. Some REALLY funny lines and outstanding ideas for scenes.
   Great job guys.  :beermug:
"What's an aplitude test?"
"It's a suitability test Ricky"
"Ok...I'll wear a suit if I have to...I don't care"

PamelaP

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2015, 12:39 PM »
Donald was one of my faves of season 8! I don't mind Donna, but I really want both of them!

tlsmith63

« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Oh it is always sad when the last episode ends. Really enjoyed this season. Cant wait for the next. The writing is just as good if not better than it always has been. Good job boys!! Can't wait for next season! 

Cheers!!  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :ricky: :bubs: :julian: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Let's hope that there will be another season, since the NS filming tax credit might be changed or eliminated.  And just when I was starting to get into the show, too! :(