Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Lucy is the first of the women willing to identify herself and speak out  (Read 1612 times)

shake

Seven women had already told their stories anonymously but Lucy is the first willing to identify herself and speak out Jian Ghomeshi.  This is a VERY brave thing to do and she should be commended for this.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/10/29/jian_ghomeshi_8_women_accuse_former_cbc_host_of_violence_sexual_abuse_or_harassment.html?app=noRedirect

jakemaster1390

Very shocking news to hear. I was getting ready for work this morning in another room from where my brother's girlfriend and her friend were watching the news on tv. I was just going about my business when I heard the story about Ghomeshi attacking eight women sexually and then heard the name Lucy DeCoutere being mentioned by the anchor person about her being the first woman to speak out about him. I thought no way that could be Lucy and that it is just coincidence that I was hearing that name since I often memorize the names of the actors of all my favorite shows and it could be about someone else who had the same name. Then I heard part of her interview and instantly knew it was her before the news anchor said that she was an actor on TPB. I was flabbergasted that she had been attacked by this guy.
  :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:    :jawdrop:     

I commend her for being able to speak out against an abuser. plus it makes it tougher when the offender is someone with some fame but I think she has enough fame and bravado to equal Ghomeshi helping to enable her to speak out about him. I personally do not care what a person does in a relationship as long as it is consensual but when there are multiple cases of people not being asked whether they are into that type of activities then there is little doubt in my mind that that person is an abuser. I also know there are cases when women make such accusations about people attacking them when that person is someone with some fame or power but when a person with fame of her own speaks out that also leaves very little doubt in my mind as well. The CBC had every right to fire him and I commend them for finally ousting him for his actions against women and even for fellow women co-workers.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
I think his lawsuit will be thrown out of court right away but I am hoping that this animal recieves a very harsh sentence for his actions.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

bajjer

• Location: Hidin' in the [TALL] Shit Grass, < 1 hour from Sunnyvale!
Seven women had already told their stories anonymously but Lucy is the first willing to identify herself and speak out Jian Ghomeshi.  This is a VERY brave thing to do and she should be commended for this.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/10/29/jian_ghomeshi_8_women_accuse_former_cbc_host_of_violence_sexual_abuse_or_harassment.html?app=noRedirect
I concur, Lucy is very courageous and I wish her all the best in pursuit of justice for victims of abuse at the hands of a cowardly weasel.
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2014, 07:47 PM by bajjer »
"Quoting one is plagiarism. Quoting many is research."
--Anonymous
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~rabielmo/personal/quotes.html
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshire/EinsteinQuotes.html
Copyright: Kevin Harris 1995 (may be freely distributed with this acknowledgement)