Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Overall Season 8 Discussion Thread  (Read 13219 times)

The Dirty Burger

Overall Season 8 Discussion Thread
« on: Sep 06, 2014, 04:38 PM »
Well...... first impression, season 8 was pretty good. Not digging the Donald/Donna character, felt way out of place. I was expecting the Coconut character to have more of a presence/roll. Is Coconut the new Phil Collins??? There were a few other things that didn't feel/flow right, but over-all a funny season. Boys, take your time making the show, explore some ideas. Just feels a little rushed / quickly thrown together. Maybe it's just because I'm an old school fan, but I believe the magic is still there. Idea's for the show should be explored & properly developed.

How about that beautiful lady from the pharmacy.... Julian brother you are slipping.  Boys if you need some gratuitous stripper chicks in the future, I have a buddy who co-runs a strip joint (sorry gentleman's club)  in Northern West Virginia.  :perv1: 

Anyone know if season 8 will be released on physical media (DVD/Blu-ray) as well ?

Obviously I will be re-watching season 8 to let it soak in more. Super glad to have the boys back!!! On a scale of 0-10, right now I would rank season eight a 6.5 - 7

:6paper: :julian: :bubs: :ricky: :beermug:

tODD

Re: Overall Season 8 Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2014, 07:14 PM »
I loved it. I couldn't stop laughing. I will also agree, that Leigh's character does seem out of place, but it's a new show. I saw in another thread, the mention of Randy's and Lucy's baby...where did it go? Overall, I loved it, and watched it twice yesterday. TPBs at their core and it's well done. I liked how they kept shouting out to Trevor. Maybe, he'll see the love, get some hair dye - seewhatIdidthere - and come back to the show. In the opening where it would go from low definition to HD was a nice touch to reflect the time between Season 7 and 8. It truly reminded me of seasons 1-3 with its cinematography, simplicity, plots and "low-brow humor-isms." The character development was spot on, IMO. I'll say it again, I loved it. 

My favorite one liner so far is "it's raining muthafukers."  That very well could be my favorite episode of the season; but it's a tad too early to say so. I also enjoyed seeing a certain person's character, from the org., but I'll let them tell.
The Park's #1 Peeler Dealer.

truealabamatpb

« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2014, 08:00 PM »
I think season 8 started off a little slow,but soon everyone clicked back together and it was on.The donna character don't fit in good yet,maybe it will later.Didnt hear anything about ray,but did like the shouting out to trevor.Each show got better as it went i think [watched every one first day]and now waiting for season 9.I think the guys did a real good job on the show and glad to see them Back!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2014, 05:38 AM »
I really enjoyed the whole season. It felt weird to "binge watch" the new season as all the other seasons, I had to wait until Sunday night to watch the next one.
Not sure but I think the "cold breath" effect, in Ricky's trailer, was CGI.
The goldfish wasn't harmed in any way. In fact, they took great care of Orangie, only placing him on that chimney thingy very briefly, during filming.
Don/Donna character was out of place, for me, at the beginning but developed nicely throughout the season to the point that I liked him/her.
Didn't think about the missing babies until some of you guys mentioned the omission. TPB's has some inconsistencies historically. Eg. the movies not following the plot etc.
I loved the George Green plot line. Cory and Jacob seemed pretty natural, to me. It wasn't forced and worked well.
The ending of the series was fucking great. Lahey is awesome. Lot's of chugging liquor in season 8 and some fantastic physical comedy bits.
I had a fantastic time on set and enjoyed seeing myself interact with Julian.
Fishy 
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

jabaro

• Polyhedron Learning Media, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2014, 10:52 AM »
Half way through and loving it.  I had my doubts, but they're all water under the fridge now.  After all, beauty is in the eye when you hold her.

Somebody needs to start a new Rickyisms thread.  There's been so many great ones, I can't remember them all.

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2014, 11:25 AM »
I agree tODD, Randy's pole dance and J-Roc's reaction made me lose it big time.

I'm trying very hard not to binge, but it's difficult!

judorandy

« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2014, 02:43 PM »
Not sure how any TPB fan could ask for any more in Season 8. For me the underlying essence that gave the show its magic is back in abundance. I personally like the introduction of new characters and the broadening insight into the world of Sunnyvale and its surroundings.

I was unsure what to expect after watching "dont legalise it" but for sure we are back in gold territory. Well scripted, performed, shot and edited - it is a joy to watch.

I fucking love you boys.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2014, 04:38 PM »
first half was better then the second half of the season to me but i loved it overal. Im sure everyone agrees its much better then the previous season. Poor Bubbles Julian and Ricky really dragged him down the shit hole again this season
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

shake

« Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2014, 07:14 PM »
Im sure everyone agrees its much better then the previous season.

Well I’d say it was definitely better than season 5, by far my least liked season.  Was it better than 7, yeah I guess, although I would have to watch them both more.  Funny thing is it was a lot like 7 in some ways, a plot line that involved selling dope to Sebastian Bach, and a final episode where Bubbles has a puppet on his hand that says “give us a kissy”.  That was my favorite moment in season 7, but not in season 8, so yeah perhaps 8 was better than 7.  Season 8 may have been better than season 6 as well, close call, again I would have to watch them both again.

I don’t agree that season 8 was like the early years though, the glory years.  That is understandable though as things have the most impact when you see them for the first time, it is hard to sustain the magic.  All in all though I’d say I was happy with season 8, well done boys!  I'm looking forward to season 9 and on as well.

gabety

« Reply #9 on: Sep 07, 2014, 08:33 PM »
The attempt to connect to the old seasons is to overt.  The Rickyisms are good but too many.  Slow down.  It's a long haul.   Just like the movies that try to stand alone with everything at once in them.  Remember your roots.  Easy boys.
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

cco

« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2014, 09:21 PM »
Mostly loved it. Kinda weird to hook Trinity up with Jacob, though. She was, what, 6 when the show started, and Jacob was already working at the gas station? And wasn't he dating Sarah in "Say Goodnight"? She didn't appear to have much reaction to her ex-boyfriend knocking up her (essentially) niece.

Liked seeing George Green (and missed Ted). Don(na) fell flat for me, as did Conky 2.0. But all in all, if I was worried (and I was) that the show would come back and totally suck, my fears have been assuaged.

So do we have to wait a whole year for Season 9? They'd already finished filming it when I went to the premiere party for Don't Legalize It way back in April.

ranranbobandy

« Reply #11 on: Sep 07, 2014, 11:07 PM »
I loved it. It goes down in my book in the top 3 seasons. I also loved Dont Legalize it, infact i'd tie it with the movie (2006) in terms of awesomeness.

Keep up the awesome work boys, if you do read these forums!
You wouldnt believe how many people love this show even way down here in texas

Raveen420

« Reply #12 on: Sep 07, 2014, 11:24 PM »
Just watched all of season 8. As a whole it was pretty good. It started off slow but got better as the season went on. The finale was meh though. You've already had a big drug deal with Sebastian Bach fellas....change it up.

The Orangie episode had me in tears though. Orangie definitely needs to come back for season 9. :)

And as far as jail-cover goes...Corey and Jacob > Jacob and the Alien Trevors from Season 7.

My complaints:

- No mention of J-Roc and T's kids or Lucy and Randy's baby.

- Way too many Ricky-isms too soon.

- The whole angle of Jacob hooking up with Trin and banging her and knocking her up. The  sequence of season 7 said that Jacob and Sarah fell in love. So what's he doing with Trin and knocking her up????

- Lahey seemingly forgetting  that George Green tried to kill him in season 7 and the two of them being friendly.

- No classic Cyrus tune blaring from his car whenever he or Sam drove up.

- George being reinstated back on the force. How can you be a cop again if you were arrested for police brutality and or attempted murder and jailed for 5 years??? 

And the biggest sin of all......

Julian switching to what....whiskey and coke instead of rum and coke??? Or was that for just the 1 episode???
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2014, 11:27 PM by Raveen420 »

ranranbobandy

« Reply #13 on: Sep 07, 2014, 11:38 PM »
Raveen i forgot about the george green murder charge. Looking back it seems a bit fucky, but somehow it still worked well overall IMO.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #14 on: Sep 08, 2014, 04:06 AM »
Im sure everyone agrees its much better then the previous season.

Well I’d say it was definitely better than season 5, by far my least liked season.  Was it better than 7, yeah I guess, although I would have to watch them both more.  Funny thing is it was a lot like 7 in some ways, a plot line that involved selling dope to Sebastian Bach, and a final episode where Bubbles has a puppet on his hand that says “give us a kissy”.  That was my favorite moment in season 7, but not in season 8, so yeah perhaps 8 was better than 7.  Season 8 may have been better than season 6 as well, close call, again I would have to watch them both again.

I don’t agree that season 8 was like the early years though, the glory years.  That is understandable though as things have the most impact when you see them for the first time, it is hard to sustain the magic.  All in all though I’d say I was happy with season 8, well done boys!  I'm looking forward to season 9 and on as well.

with the new cory and trevor, conky , the scorpion, the park guard dicks and the whole train thing to Sebastian bach s7 was the worst tpb season to me. I have it here on dvd and rewatched it. I thought the ending was shit too. Im also not much of a fan of the second movie but i really do think they redeemed them self with the new movie and season.
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

shake

« Reply #15 on: Sep 08, 2014, 06:42 AM »
Yeah I suppose season 8 was better than 7, there were definitely more laughs in 8.  And I agree the 3rd movie was much better than the second.

riverman

« Reply #16 on: Sep 08, 2014, 09:06 AM »
I have only watched the first 3 but I enjoyed it. The park being sold is getting old but you have to start somewhere. I do like the way it is filmed almost like season one. I loved the random stories of season one much better.

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #17 on: Sep 08, 2014, 09:23 AM »
S8 kicked S7 in the balls hard. Didn't care for that season at all.

Nice to see George playing a more central role too. And the introduction of Don/Donna was a bold move but it paid off big time.

iamwhatiseem

« Reply #18 on: Sep 08, 2014, 01:51 PM »
I said I wouldn't binge watch...but here it is only 3 days and I just finished Episode 8. Only two to go.
 Overall, really enjoyed it. I began watching with an open mind, knowing it was going to have to be different than the original series without Ray, Phil the changing role of Lahey etc. And I think everyone did a great job, the writing in particular was outstanding.
 My only "complaint" was something happened in Episodes 5 and 6. The storyline in these episodes should have made them perhaps the best of the season, but they were not. I get the feeling everything was hurried. The shots were bad, the scenes did not gel together well - it is as if both shows were shot on the same day, and it was a Friday afternoon and everyone wanted to go home. It just wasn't executed well.
Episode 7 was better, and 8 just might be the best of the season.  Absolutely fantastic.
  With everything - I am just happy as a clam that their back!!
"What's an aplitude test?"
"It's a suitability test Ricky"
"Ok...I'll wear a suit if I have to...I don't care"

tODD

« Reply #19 on: Sep 08, 2014, 03:04 PM »
Season 7 was bunk compared to 8. The boys are in charge and it shows. It's back to what made us all fans in the beginning.

The Park's #1 Peeler Dealer.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #20 on: Sep 08, 2014, 03:12 PM »
"My only "complaint" was something happened in Episodes 5 and 6. The storyline in these episodes should have made them perhaps the best of the season, but they were not. I get the feeling everything was hurried. The shots were bad, the scenes did not gel together well - it is as if both shows were shot on the same day, and it was a Friday afternoon and everyone wanted to go home. It just wasn't executed well."

Episode 5 wasn't rushed at all. I was on set for 10 hours that filled 5 minutes worth of screen time.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

gabety

« Reply #21 on: Sep 08, 2014, 08:18 PM »
Where do we look for you at?

shake

« Reply #22 on: Sep 08, 2014, 08:21 PM »
There's a screen cap of Fishy in the episode 5 thread, he was the guy from the stag party that Julian told to go get a drink.

gabety

« Reply #23 on: Sep 08, 2014, 08:27 PM »
Awesome, watched that today, I remember it.

gabety

« Reply #24 on: Sep 08, 2014, 09:22 PM »
I like the running gag about Orangie, The Bottle Kids make an appearance, although a little weak in the amount of bottles thrown or people taking hits, The hockey rink,  Really like seeing "Barb" at my age I've always been sweet on her.  Loved it when Ricky went into the Pharmacy ran into the wrong door.  Lahey's  physical comedy.  My God he's not a youngster.  Must be indestructible.  There's more if I thought about it.  Liked the nudity, wondered if it would appear since the show is on Netflix.  Was done tastefully.

Not hip on the Donna/Don character, sorry Leigh, nothing personal.  Really don't like the Cheesy music played for the entrance of Cyrus.  They should just cut it out if they can't use the original music.  Not sure about the new cop.  His connection with Barb is...  I mean, the boys got Lahey always on their ass and now George Green back on the force...

Something that doesn't bother me is the lack of continuity between the series and movies or either and the new season.  Never was any continuity really from the movies to TV series, except I suppose the explanation of why Ray isn't around now.  Not even bothered about the Dirty Burger disappearance.  We all know why sadly.  Liked the T-shirt tribute to the Dirty Burger.   Doesn't bother me that Trinity is pregnant with Jacobs child and true the age difference is there if you worry about continuity.  Never made sense Lucy was matched with him.  Miss Lahey's New Yorker.  Jullian's car is typical for him.  I wish Bubbs would tone it down a little.  Didn't care for the Conkey replacement, bring him back.  If he can make new puppets he can make another Conkey.

I'm just nit picking, maybe it will help, but I love the new content and can't wait for Season 9.  Anybody asked yet when it will be available on Netflix?  They will probably make us wait a year or so.  So keep replaying those eps to show interest.  Want a season 10 and 11 please Netflix.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2014, 09:26 PM by gabety »