Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 8 Episode 2 "The Fuckin' V-Team" Discussion Thread  (Read 4341 times)

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
This Topic will be unlocked once Trailer Park Boys Season 8 becomes available on Netflix, Sept 5th.  Stay out of the topic if you do not like spoilers
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2014, 02:33 AM by DavidB_Bubbles »

iamwhatiseem

Re: Season 8 Episode 2 "The Fuckin' V-Team" Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2014, 05:35 PM »
 Better even more than Ep. 1
Bubbles explanation of "the V team"...now THAT was funny!
DEEEEECENNNNTTT
"What's an aplitude test?"
"It's a suitability test Ricky"
"Ok...I'll wear a suit if I have to...I don't care"

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2014, 05:09 AM »
but with A team you got a shortcut! Also loved the blow me song!
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

cinthb

« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2014, 09:12 AM »
No, Julian is not going to do that, because of where she's been, but she is all yes eyes.

shake

« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2014, 10:47 AM »
I LOLed at Ricky hitting himself :)

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Hands down the funniest cold open/cut to credits sequence this season and one of the funniest all time. (The bottle kids pelting Randy and Phil in the kayaks is still #1 for me.) Nice montage of Trinity breaking down all the physical mishaps Ricky has endured over the years. I guess nobody ever told her about the time Ricky died and Lahey revived him. Like Trin in retrospect, I knew Ricky was going to be fine the whole time, but still way, way hilarious.
   Nice to see Barb has a big role this season. She's pretty much the female lead.
    I like George's reveal that Lahey didn't quit the force like he claimed at the end of Season 7, but was dishonorably discharged. George and Lahey as frienemies this season are great, but it seems a big stretch Lahey overlooks George trying to kill him.
   The V-team discussion is funny.
    That slingshot cockcheese idiot Tommy reminded me of Cyrus with his accent and personality.
   The thing with Jacob's balls seemed too cruel and gross to me to be funny. It's like they decided to karmically punish him for knocking up Trinity or something.
    Lahey's drinking schedule is great, the way Sunday is blacked out and not even mentioned. Maybe one day they'll figure out there's no cure for alcoholism, but I doubt it. Don's song had me rolling. Everybody but Tiggy seems to dislike him, but I find the character hilarious.
   Don as Donna at Julian's bar seems like a callback to the he/shes at J-Roc's mom's trailer bar that Cory and Trevor picked up.
   Cyrus's new horn intro sucks big time. If they couldn't use the original song, couldn't they at least find some other greasy sounding blues rock song?
   Insulting Sam never gets old.
    All in all, I found this episode funny in parts, but only mildly amusing in others. Epsiode 3, IMO is when this season really kicks it up a notch.
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then