Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 8 of Trailer Park Boys debuts on Netflix 5th September 2014!  (Read 16304 times)

Tiggy Puddin

Here's the date you've all been waiting for - TPB8 hits Netflix worldwide (on every planet) Friday 5th September! And all 10 episodes will be uploaded to Netflix at once so you can watch the whole season in one drunken/high binge.  8)

Link to the original announcement: https://twitter.com/netflix/status/501423167638745089

flattusmaximus78

Thank you for clearing up how the episodes will be displayed... 3 days and 3 episodes... for the most part lol.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :ricky: :bubs: :julian:

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
That's great news indeed Tiggy  8)   I will probably watch all 10 episodes over that weekend  :lol:

moncton velvet smooth

Looks like I'm getting a Netflix subscription and a bag of weed on the 4th...

And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

jakemaster1390

AWW YEAH. I am Specifically in the works to upgrade the internet to make it decent enough to stream better quality netflix. I currently have the bare minimum to make it work but I want to watch the fuckers in full definition.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

iamwhatiseem

Here's the date you've all been waiting for - TPB8 hits Netflix worldwide (on every planet) Friday 5th September! And all 10 episodes will be uploaded to Netflix at once so you can watch the whole season in one drunken/high binge.  8)

Link to the original announcement: https://twitter.com/netflix/status/501423167638745089

Awesome, thank you Tiggy.
Now...[insert sigh] once again we learn TPB news somewhere other than Swearnet.
Jesus.
"What's an aplitude test?"
"It's a suitability test Ricky"
"Ok...I'll wear a suit if I have to...I don't care"

cinthb

AWW YEAH. I am Specifically in the works to upgrade the internet to make it decent enough to stream better quality netflix. I currently have the bare minimum to make it work but I want to watch the fuckers in full definition.

I have fairly recently given up the Windows XP ghost, and empathize with your low flow dilemma.  MY XP laptop couldn't even maintain video motion for more than a minute or so, even at the lowest clarity setting.
  My win7 desktop was better, but because my spouse has every Sims expansion in the universe, it too suffers continuity issues.
  The win7 dual core I'm typing from is another story.  This one's fast, I think because I leave it mostly empty of gaming, and data storage.
Good luck with the upgrade quest jakemaster1390, what ever that entails.

Jen

We're watching S7 in preparation for S8 - Can't friggin wait for Friday!!!  :D

MILFKRIEG

Has it been officially confirmed that all 10 episodes will be available on the 5th? I read the opening post, but couldn't find any confirmation within the link.  I'm taking a day off work and planning on watching the entire season.

Thanks

jakemaster1390

I have fairly recently given up the Windows XP ghost, and empathize with your low flow dilemma.  MY XP laptop couldn't even maintain video motion for more than a minute or so, even at the lowest clarity setting.
  My win7 desktop was better, but because my spouse has every Sims expansion in the universe, it too suffers continuity issues.
  The win7 dual core I'm typing from is another story.  This one's fast, I think because I leave it mostly empty of gaming, and data storage.
Good luck with the upgrade quest jakemaster1390, what ever that entails.

Update- Got better internet (it was only 0.5 Mbps to start with but now have 6 Mbps for speed ) but figured out that some of my issues relating to my playback quality was with my sound card. for some reason at random intervals my computer was blue screening or my CPU was taken up by my system image when using Flashplayer or other sound intensive program causing all my programs to become unresponsive and videos to be very choppy. It took a game downloaded a long time ago for me to figure out that it was my sound card causing the issues because it was the only reliable way to trigger a blue screen and the only way I could keep the thing stable was to disable it which was no good for watching videos. so today I broke down and bought a new computer for around 500 bucks including taxes. I love labour day for the back to school computer specials. I hate windows 8 but I could not wait another year for the windows 9 release and before the soundcard issue my computer was the best running computer in the house.

Question at what time do they usually update the servers. is it 12 am server time or at another time
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2014, 08:05 PM by jakemaster1390 »
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

shake

Has it been officially confirmed that all 10 episodes will be available on the 5th? I read the opening post, but couldn't find any confirmation within the link.  I'm taking a day off work and planning on watching the entire season.

Thanks

Yes all 10 eps will be available on the 5th.  Happy viewing!

jabaro

• Polyhedron Learning Media, Inc.
I can't find the answer anywhere, so maybe someone here knows.  Is Netflix streaming the ONLY way to get TPB season 8?  I have Netflix, and I plan to watch it there, but I'd really like to own the discs.  I own every other TPB show/movie on DVD, and I'd like to own this new season too.

Just wondering if it might be like House of Cards, which initially only streams on Netflix, but later you can get it on disc.  If not, looks like I'll need to figure a way to record the shows from my computer (not possible with Apple TV, I think), and burn my own discs.

shake

I don't know 100% but I would assume it would be available on disc after a certain amount of time on Netflix, especially if that was the case for House of Cards.

jabaro

I don't know 100% but I would assume it would be available on disc after a certain amount of time on Netflix, especially if that was the case for House of Cards.
HOC seems to be unique in that respect.  I don't believe any other Netflix streaming series are available on disc.  Arrested Development's last season has been available for streaming for several months, but it doesn't look like it will ever be available on disc.  HOC was available within a month or two of its release.

Oops! Just checked, and it looks like Arrested Development IS going to be available on disc, but who knows when.

riverman

Netflix paid , dope rolled, beer in the fridge and a bag of greasy chip, yep I am ready

Tiggy Puddin

FYI, Netflix will be launching S8 at 12:01am Friday 5 Sept PACIFIC TIME.  ;)

cinthb

FYI, Netflix will be launching S8 at 12:01am Friday 5 Sept PACIFIC TIME.  ;)

4:01am NS time.  Tiggy Puddin, that means you have to get in bed around 9pm Thursday so you can even hear the alarm.  Will that be a problem? 
 I'll wait a few hours myself, since I work all day Friday, and there's no real pleasure watching TPB at 3am on a work night.
 Though, if I had to be up watching something at that time of night....
:julian: :bubs: :ricky: :beermug: :6paper:

gabety

Do I have this right, that would be 2am Central Standard Time?
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

moncton velvet smooth

Got my Netflix! Just need one more thing now...

Josh

I feel like I want to get up early tomorrow and catch and ep or 2 before work but afraid if I start I won't be able to stop!

moncton velvet smooth

I seent em all. Fuck, that was awesome!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
I managed to get onto the Netflix and watched the whole season. Loved it to pieces. Great flow and great plot. Loved the new characters and it set up season 9 really well.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

jabaro

I just watched the first two episodes, and WOW!  I was wondering if The Boys still had it after all this time, and without Clattenburg.  THEY DO, and then some!  Seems like they're getting back to their roots. This season looks a lot more like the first few seasons than the more recent ones.  All my concerns are now just water under the fridge.

iamwhatiseem

HOC seems to be unique in that respect.  I don't believe any other Netflix streaming series are available on disc.  Arrested Development's last season has been available for streaming for several months, but it doesn't look like it will ever be available on disc.  HOC was available within a month or two of its release.

Oops! Just checked, and it looks like Arrested Development IS going to be available on disc, but who knows when.
   It was announced on Swearnet that the entire Season 8 will be made available as a download in 90 days to Founding members of Swearnet. I would think it will be made available to everyone at the same time at a cost. Only problem with that of course is 10 minutes later it will be on torrents. Which is fucked.
"What's an aplitude test?"
"It's a suitability test Ricky"
"Ok...I'll wear a suit if I have to...I don't care"

gabety

Yah, fuckin A. I'm a founding fucker.  I knew it would be worth it.
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!