Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official TPB 3 Don't Legalize It Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 20357 times)

SpoR

Re: Official TPB 3 Don't Legalize It Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #25 on: Aug 26, 2014, 12:57 PM »
Just saw the movie was finally leaked on torrents sites last week. Was pretty deecent however, I read the script back in April and it was way different (much better)

http://www.reddit.com/r/trailerparkboys/comments/2en8cu/just_dled_dont_legalize_it_script_was_way/

In the script Bubbles isn't getting a house, he's meeting his parents. His mom also loves dogs like bubbles loves cats, but he hates dogs and doesn't know if he can live around em so decides to leave. (also his mom wasn't hot, she just looked like an old female bubbles)

The camper also crashes and julian tries to save a lot of the piss, and has to keep it at a cool temperature but doesn't have enough fridge space. So they clean out a bathtub with bleach and put the piss in there on ice.

When they finally get to Montreal to sell it, it's no good because it's mixed with bleach.

I hate to say it boys, the book was better.

gabety

« Reply #26 on: Aug 28, 2014, 09:54 PM »
I think my favorite line of the movie was when Cyrus said that Sam worked for KD, which is fairly inexpensive :)

It's funny how something is said in the movie that is totally lost on Americans.  The only reason I know what "Kraft Dinner" remark meant was because of a story some friends of mine told.  They went on a cruise a few years ago and met a Canadian couple.  They still remain friends and visit each other.  When in Canada visiting the host asked them if they liked Kraft Dinner.  My friends kept asking which one?  It took a little while to make it understood.  In the US of A, Kraft Dinner is known as Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

So what do you call Mac and Cheese in Canada if it's not Kraft?  But anyway because my friends met some Canadians a few years ago I knew the value of Sam's labor it would have been lost on me otherwise.
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

shake

« Reply #27 on: Aug 28, 2014, 10:00 PM »
Ha cool! I didn't know it wasn't called Kraft Dinner in the US, thanks for the post!

gabety

« Reply #28 on: Aug 29, 2014, 03:17 PM »
You know what else I've thought about since the "Kraft Dinner" line?  The writers used a brand name.  There isn't much product placement in the movies as far as I recognize.  In fact the blurring of any brand label in the movies and TV series is quite noticeable.  So why the brand recognition this time?

shake

« Reply #29 on: Aug 29, 2014, 08:52 PM »
Good point.  I guess calling it "Kraft Dinner" is just taken for granted here in Canada.  I started thinking about this more then I remembered a skit that the Kids in the Hall did.  I wondered if they called it KD so I googled it.  Turns out no, they called in macaroni and cheese made by a fake company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnWIICkBeE

Of course KITH was broadcast in the US as well, so maybe that is why they didn't call it Kraft Dinner, that and the brand name thing you mentioned.

« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2014, 09:01 PM by shake »

gabety

« Reply #30 on: Aug 30, 2014, 04:32 PM »
So Shake, does "macaroni and cheese" exist in Canada?  Or is it always referred to as Kraft Dinner no matter if Kraft makes it or it's home made?

shake

« Reply #31 on: Aug 30, 2014, 05:12 PM »
I suppose I'm not the best one to ask as I am one of the few people that didn't eat it.  I do know that mac an cheese does exist, there is a contest on now buy a potato chip maker.  They are trying out new flavors and one of them is mac and cheese and bacon.

I don't know if people were to buy mac and cheese and if they did buy the generic kind to save a few bucks and still call it Kraft Dinner?  For one thing it is quicker to say.

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #32 on: Sep 01, 2014, 12:20 AM »
Need to throw some jalapenos in that mahfuckn Kraft Dinner, nomesayin?
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

Josh

« Reply #33 on: Sep 04, 2014, 09:57 PM »
It does exist. There area other companies that sell the same thing. Presidents choice makes a white cheddar version that is pretty awesome!

White_Liquor

« Reply #34 on: Sep 09, 2014, 12:37 PM »
All of you upset about the coke in the movie are just fuckity. Mike smith recently did an interview with Adam Corolla stating the movie broke the record for most swear words in a major motion picture, stealing the honor from The Wolf of Wall Street. This is not meant to be a wholesome movie/Show, it’s not about Values, it’s meant to be funny as fuck. I know this might be a hard cock to suck but the white liquor was a hilarious throw back to the show.

cco

« Reply #35 on: Sep 09, 2014, 02:07 PM »
It's not the coke per se that bothers me, but the stupid way in which it was used to just "one-up" the classic drunk Lahey (and he didn't act coked-up at any point). Like I said upthread, it worked way better in the black and white movie.

cinthb

« Reply #36 on: Sep 10, 2014, 08:26 PM »
They are trying out new flavors and one of them is mac and cheese and bacon.

Shake,
I get the cheese and bacon flavors,
 :?  but who the fuck wants potato chips to taste like macaroni?

shake

« Reply #37 on: Sep 10, 2014, 09:00 PM »
I haven't tried them yet, I suppose I should :)

riverman

« Reply #38 on: Dec 04, 2014, 04:35 PM »
My review
 Starts off very strange, the plot is strange, Ricky's speech make no since at all, Some classic trailer park boys moments but few. This maybe the poorest writing of all the movies and none of them have been great. I wanted it to be so much better. 1 1/2 maybe 2 stars

Please make a show with the girls taking over the park while the boys are in jail . Jim and Randy run protection for them because they have become afraid of them. They are real bitches. It turns into a turf war when the boys get out of jail.

You are welcome.

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #39 on: Apr 11, 2015, 03:44 PM »
Season 8 does wind up beginning with a retired Jim Lahey, and his retirement is the crux of the whole season arc.  So there is continuity between the movies and the tv show to a certain limited extent.  For example, in S8 we never see the bus which Bubbles brings to Sunnyvale at the end of TPB3.  At one point in S9, however, Ricky mentions Ray, then looks upward to heaven like he's dead (there are a few other mentions of this in S9).  This can only be a reference to TPB3 even though TPB3 (spoiler alert) ends with Ray revealing that he's still alive.  But there's no other instance of Ray's death in the TPB series, so it must be a reference to the film.  Let's just say that continuity is sometimes glossed over in both the show seasons and the series of films, but that they're not completely distinct from one another.