Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: All Seasons of TPB (including 8 and 9) coming to Netflix!!  (Read 23623 times)

Tiggy Puddin

ONLY ON NETFLIX: CANADA’S INCOMPARABLY-ENTERTAINING TRAILER PARK BOYS RETURN FOR SEASONS 8 & 9 BEGINNING THIS FALL

Celebrated Canadian Comedy Brand To Expand To All Netflix Territories on March 31 via exclusive international franchise distribution deal with Entertainment One

Toronto and Beverly Hills, Calif. - March 5, 2014 – Trailer Park Boys, the greatest-ever Canadian comedy series, has found a new home on Netflix, the world’s leading Internet TV network, via Entertainment One (eOne). All new episodes featuring the inimitable trio of Ricky, Julian and Bubbles, as well as all past seasons of the series, will be exclusively available to Netflix members in Canada, the U.S. and in all other Netflix territories around the world.

After taking a break, the boys return with their one-of-a-kind brand of substance-fueled scheming, with Season 8 of Trailer Park Boys, ten all-new episodes, premiering exclusively on Netflix later this year. But first, the latest seasons will be added in Canada and the U.S. while Seasons 1-7 will be available for the first time in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the Nordics, and Latin America.

“We’re thrilled that the boys are back and that their loyal fans will have full-access to all their antics on Netflix robust platform. The Trailer Park Boys are Canadian legends and their brand has an incredible fan following at home and around the world. We are looking forward to seeing their global success explode as Netflix rolls out fresh content and old favourites,” said Patrice Théroux, who oversees global Film operations for eOne, distributors of the franchise. “Netflix is undoubtedly the perfect home for the boys and we’re delighted to partner with Netflix to export the trailer park to audiences all over the world.”

“There’s no other trio quite like Julian, Ricky and Bubbles and we’re thrilled to be   the new home for these beloved hellraisers,” said Sean Carey, Vice President of Content Acquisition, Netflix. “Our US and Canadian members love Trailer Park Boys and we’re excited to take their unique brand of humor to our markets throughout the Americas and Europe.”

It’s been several years since the cameras have followed Ricky, Julian and Bubbles around the Sunnyvale Trailer Park and there have been some significant changes: Ricky recently harvested an enormous weed crop which he has successfully hidden in the walls of his trailer, Julian has opened a bar and gym in his trailer and Bubbles is in the process of opening what he calls a ‘Shed and Breakfast’ business.

In addition to the series, Netflix will debut three standalone specials: Community Service Special, Swearnet Special, Trailer Park Boys Xmas and two all-new feature films: Trailer Park Boys 3: Don’t Legalize It and Swearnet, which will come to the service following their theatrical premieres this year.

Netflix members will also be able to catch up on all their favourite Trailer Park Boys moments when the entire Trailer Park Boys collection, including all seven seasons as well as two Trailer Park Boys specials are available on the platform worldwide.

« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2014, 01:14 PM by Tiggy Puddin »

shake

Re: All Seasons of TPB (including 8 and 9) coming to Netflix!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2014, 01:14 PM »
Excellent news!  I'll have to renew my Netflix subscription, the one I got just so I could watch Arrested Development.

Congrats boys!

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2014, 01:19 PM »
ONLY ON NETFLIX:
 All new episodes featuring the inimitable trio of Ricky, Julian and Bubbles, as well as all past seasons of the series, will be exclusively available to Netflix members in Canada, the U.S. and in all other Netflix territories around the world.

Excellent news indeed.  I was looking for a reason to renew my Netflix subscription.  Now I have one.. Cool Beans  :D

Josh

« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2014, 02:41 PM »
I was surprised to see this today. I think its going to kill a lot of the swearnet subscribers though...
Shake, did you like the 4th season of arrested development?

martyorange

« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2014, 02:45 PM »
Tiggy, maybe you'll know. Will this be on Swearnet also?  It would really suck for FF and monthly members to have to pay extra to see the new shit.

shake

« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2014, 03:02 PM »
Yeah Josh I liked season 4 of AD, it was great seeing all those people again.  The season itself was very different but still worth watching.

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2014, 04:57 PM »
Tiggy, maybe you'll know. Will this be on Swearnet also?  It would really suck for FF and monthly members to have to pay extra to see the new shit.

Mike Smith himself just posted this on the facebook Swearnet page..  :bubs:

Hey fuckers!! It's Mike Smith here. I just wanted to clarify a couple of things regarding the Netflix announcement that went out today. We've noticed a few of you guys asking "what about season 8 going on Swearnet?" and "why the fuck did I sign up?" etc. so I wanted to reassure everybody that we're still working on getting you guys all the shit you want and expect on Swearnet.com!! You guys and gals who have supported us and continue to support us at the site are extremely important to us. The benefit to doing this deal is, it will allow us the means to produce and deliver a lot more proprietary content to the site, and to connect with you fuckers on a much more regular and personal basis, which is what we've wanted from the start. It's also going to allow us to finally make Swearnet.com our focus this year, and in fact, we're moving into a new space next month so that we have the means to do just that. So sit tight and let us work out the deets on getting you shit, I just wanted you fuckers to know we're thinking about you at all times and we're doing everything we can to get this things to where they need to be. Thanks fuckers!

Josh

« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2014, 08:24 PM »
Yeah Josh I liked season 4 of AD, it was great seeing all those people again.  The season itself was very different but still worth watching.
Thanks, just curious as no one I know really liked it. Can't really say I did either. Loved the other 3 seasons though.

Cheese_Burgers78

« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2014, 06:20 AM »
It will be great to have the remaining seasons on Netflix finally . Been waiting a long time for that  .
" 30 days , boys . 30 sexy days , Julian . Sexy "

elusive

« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2014, 02:45 PM »
Any dates released yet for the seasons or specials?

I'm really looking forward to seeing some new TPB content. It's been way too long. Also nice to see them doing some more specials.

cinthb

« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2014, 05:05 PM »
Some portions of this statement worry me,
and one part really pissed me the fuck off.

"All new episodes featuring the inimitable trio of Ricky, Julian and Bubbles, as well as all past seasons of the series, will be exclusively available to Netflix members in Canada, the U.S. and in all other Netflix territories around the world."

Key word: exclusively :-s

"After taking a break, the boys return with their one-of-a-kind brand of substance-fueled scheming, with Season 8 of Trailer Park Boys, ten all-new episodes, premiering exclusively on Netflix later this year. But first, the latest seasons will be added in Canada and the U.S. while Seasons 1-7 will be available for the first time in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the Nordics, and Latin America."

There it is again. :-s

[spoiler]"It’s been several years since the cameras have followed Ricky, Julian and Bubbles around the Sunnyvale Trailer Park and there have been some significant changes: Ricky recently harvested an enormous weed crop which he has successfully hidden in the walls of his trailer, Julian has opened a bar and gym in his trailer and Bubbles is in the process of opening what he calls a ‘Shed and Breakfast’ business."[/spoiler]

WHAT THE FUCK! :x 
I don't want to know what will happen in season 8.
I liked guessing, but know only when it reveals it's self.

"In addition to the series, Netflix will debut three standalone specials: Community Service Special, Swearnet Special, Trailer Park Boys Xmas and two all-new feature films: Trailer Park Boys 3: Don’t Legalize It and Swearnet, which will come to the service following their theatrical premieres this year."

Doesn't debut mean the same thing as
'first availability after theater release'?

« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2014, 05:14 PM by cinthb »

walterx2

« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2014, 06:06 PM »

Mike Smith himself just posted this on the facebook Swearnet page..  :bubs:

Hey fuckers!! It's Mike Smith here. I just wanted to clarify a couple of things regarding the Netflix announcement that went out today. We've noticed a few of you guys asking "what about season 8 going on Swearnet?" and "why the fuck did I sign up?" etc. so I wanted to reassure everybody that we're still working on getting you guys all the shit you want and expect on Swearnet.com!! You guys and gals who have supported us and continue to support us at the site are extremely important to us. The benefit to doing this deal is, it will allow us the means to produce and deliver a lot more proprietary content to the site, and to connect with you fuckers on a much more regular and personal basis, which is what we've wanted from the start.

I hear a lot of weasel words here.

"why the fuck did I sign up?" etc. so I wanted to reassure everybody that we're still working on getting you guys all the shit you want and expect on Swearnet.com!!

I thought the reason for swearnet.com was to have a channel to put the new stuff on there first. Now a year plus on they are still working on getting all the stuff you want and expect on Swearnet. Notice the vague wording "all the shit" instead of seasons 1 thru 9 etc.
And as Charley states on another post in the thread. In the netflix statement, the word exclusively is used several times. Like "Season 8 of Trailer Park Boys, ten all-new episodes, premiering exclusively on Netflix." Sounds like, netflix aint sharing with no fuckin Swearnet.com.

Also Mike Smith states,

"The benefit to doing this deal is, it will allow us the means to produce and deliver a lot more proprietary content to the site,"

Proprietary in this statement could be changed to exclusive as they mean the same thing in this context.

So to me it appears and I could be wrong, I often am.

Netflix will be the exclusive source for the seasons, movies, specials etc.

Swearnet will be the exclusive source of Drunk on Drugs, and current and future swearnet content.

Really doesn't bother me because I am a member of both swearnet and netflix.

But I could see it pissing off a lot of FF's and swearnet members if it happens like this. It appears to be a kind of bait and switch.

"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

elusive

« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2014, 07:36 PM »
WHAT THE FUCK! :x 
I don't want to know what will happen in season 8.
I liked guessing, but know only when it reveals it's self.

Agree about ruining the plot a little bit for season 8. One of the most intriguing parts of the new season was to see how they were going to transition into it following such a long lay off.

I could definitely see why some FF's and subscribers are a little upset about this. It looks like they're scrambling around to find something to give back to all of the swearnet supporters. What I took away from Mike Smith's message is that they haven't forgotten about the supporters, but they still don't know what the fuck they're going to do about it.

I thought distribution might be tough if they insisted the new TPB stuff also run through swearnet. I don't think too many companies would be interested in that.

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2014, 10:18 PM »
 Netflix gets a pound of Sour Diesel and Swearnet gets seeds, stems and shake. Pretty fucked way to treat your loyal fans if you ask me.  :x
 Where the fuck is Trevor at? Me and him are gonna smoke a blunt or two...
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2014, 10:42 PM by moncton velvet smooth »
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2014, 09:21 AM »
Netflix gets a pound of Sour Diesel and Swearnet gets seeds, stems and shake. Pretty fucked way to treat your loyal fans if you ask me.  :x

You've seen the "State Of The Union" message the boys just posted at SwearNet, right? It addresses a lot of fan concerns.  8)

rickyone

« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2014, 02:13 PM »
It so sad to see the fans fighting each other. And making fun of people on welfare.  :(

a grown up needs to manage the comments instead of encouraging them.

:6paper:

edit: I'm talking about the swearnet facebook page. not this one sorry.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2014, 02:17 PM by rickyone »

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2014, 10:24 PM »

You've seen the "State Of The Union" message the boys just posted at SwearNet, right? It addresses a lot of fan concerns.  8)

No, Tiggy, I didn't see it and that's because I wrote to Swearnet and expressed my displeasure. Within 24 hours my account was cancelled and my whole year was refunded, which was more than I even asked for. I wanted a refund "on the rest of my year". They said they couldn't send me hash for legal reasons, but that's cool because that was an OR and not an AND option and I wasn't being serious about that part any way. Swearnet was prompt and professional about the whole thing.
   So to anybody else out there pitching a bitch about this whole situation: why bother complaining when you can do something about it. If you feel like you've been treated like CoryTrevors just do what J-Roc and T did : say "No, it's not cool. We're not idiots." That's what I did, and I chilled out and everything's cool.  8)

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #17 on: Mar 09, 2014, 04:41 AM »
Glad to hear you got sorted out, DVS.  8)

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #18 on: Mar 09, 2014, 05:08 AM »
It so sad to see the fans fighting each other. And making fun of people on welfare.  :(

a grown up needs to manage the comments instead of encouraging them.

I take it you're new to Facebook comments.  ;) There's absolutely nothing wrong with a 'lively' debate, splenetic comments and all. The childish approach would have been to delete the negative comments, which they didn't. And being on welfare is no excuse to be nasty and offensive.

I think another issue was the Netlix release itself - it confused a lot of fans and there was way too much information, even though it was all good! So, the main points (that I can work out) are:

• TPB Seasons 1-7 will be available in Canada, U.S., UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the Nordics, and Latin America from 31 MARCH (I believe this also includes Xmas special and Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys)
  • TPB Season 8 will be premiering on Netflix globally later this year
  • TPB3: Don't Legalize It will be available on Neflix globally after its theatrical run (timing TBA)
  • SwearNet: The Movie will also be available after its theatrical run (timing TBA)
  • Netflix will debut three standalone specials: Community Service Special, Swearnet Special, and Trailer Park Boys Xmas (timing TBA)
Also:
  • THERE WILL BE A SEASON 9! Jonathan Torrens has been brought on as co-writer
  • SwearNet subscribers (who had a paid account when the Netflix announcement was made) WILL get to see S8 - the boys are working on it and will be making regular announcements at www.swearnet.com
  • SwearNet is moving to new studios in the coming weeks

Hope that clears things up!

iamwhatiseem

« Reply #19 on: Mar 20, 2014, 05:02 PM »
Just my opinion - TPB Season 8 coming to Netflix is nothing but outstanding news. Fantastic.
Like it or not, Swearnet just doesn't have the reach of Netflix. No comparison.
 The Netflix deal no doubt will infuse some serious cash into the SN coffer which can only be good for all of us as this will enable more content. Hire producers/editors etc. to make real shows.
  I love "High Fuckers"...don't smoke, but Sam is a great storyteller and that is what makes the show. He is a cool, funny dude.
 Cheers
"What's an aplitude test?"
"It's a suitability test Ricky"
"Ok...I'll wear a suit if I have to...I don't care"

pau1777

« Reply #20 on: Mar 31, 2014, 10:19 AM »
I checked this afternoon and all 7 seasons are now on Netflix UK.
Both movies are not there yet though. We have never been able to officially see the movies and christmas special here in the UK.

Tiggy Puddin

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #22 on: Apr 02, 2014, 12:11 PM »
Fucking "A" awesome is correct  :bubs:   Now give me an "R"  :ricky:

Tiggy Puddin

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #24 on: Apr 05, 2014, 01:32 AM »
Ricky's scale with weed on one side and pepperoni on the other!  :lol: