Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: 2013-2014 NHL Season  (Read 3885 times)

moncton velvet smooth

2013-2014 NHL Season
« on: Jul 20, 2013, 11:27 PM »
  What's up with these new division names? Metropolitan Division? What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Seems like all NHL teams play in a metropolitan area; it's not like Green Bay or Thunder Bay have teams. Might as well call it the Metrosexual Division. Just have Don Cherry name the divisions and call one the Swedish Fairy division. After everybody made fun of the Big Ten and their stupid Leaders and Legends divisions how did the NHL come up with that?
& how do the Red Wings go from the Western Conference to the Atlantic Division? Detroit's nowhere near the Atlantic Ocean. Can't complain though. The Wings will have way, way less traveling this season and more match-ups against Original 6 teams.
   I liked those archaic division names like Norris and Smythe myself. You had to be some kind of bow-tied historian to even know who the fuck they were talking about. Here's some division names for you: Dope division, Rum division, Cheeseburger division and Donair division. What ya say??
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2013, 10:38 PM by moncton velvet smooth »
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

cinthb

Re: 2013-2014 NHL Season
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2013, 08:41 AM »
Here's some division names for you: Dope division, Rum division, Cheeseburger division and Donair division. What ya say??

We can't overlook the obvious; Trailer Park division,  Sunnyvale division, Drunk And On Drugs division, and the Lahey's A Drunk And Always Will Be division.

JAG

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2013, 01:01 PM »
Okay, so let me see if I have this right? Columbus is in the Metropolitan Division and Detroit is in the Atlantic.
Interesting geography.  :P

The schedules were released and I am already planning which games I'll be going to! I've already got 3 lined up. I hope my piece of shit van holds together. Those 2 1/2 rides are getting hard on her. Hopefully, this will be the last year she has to make it!

Between the Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) my son's mite team and the Blue Jackets, Avalanche, Bruins, Leafs and Red Wings...I am going to be VERY busy this fall.  :D I can't WAIT!
~Sarah~
*100% Certified Honouary Canuck*

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."
"Solution, Captain Powerful?!"
"MORE powder of confidence..."

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2013, 08:32 PM »
Fuckin Metropolitan Division! More like Metrofuckoffitan Division!

shake

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2013, 09:50 PM »
Hey these names sound reasonable to me, I can remember when it was the Prince of Wales vs the Clarence Campbell conference!

Okay, so let me see if I have this right? Columbus is in the Metropolitan Division and Detroit is in the Atlantic.

I reckon you can't be metropolitan if you are bankrupt.  Not even meterosexual  ;)

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2013, 11:31 PM »
Hey these names sound reasonable to me, I can remember when it was the Prince of Wales vs the Clarence Campbell conference!

I reckon you can't be metropolitan if you are bankrupt.  Not even meterosexual  ;)
I don't know what this bankrupt shit all these suitdummies are talkin about is all about. We got plenty of bottles in Detroit! I got at least ten bucks worth upstairs! I'm gettin some chicken fingers - the good kind!  :roll:
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2013, 11:43 PM by moncton velvet smooth »

cinthb

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2013, 06:09 PM »

I don't know what this bankrupt shit all these suitdummies are talkin about is all about. We got plenty of bottles in Detroit! I got at least ten bucks worth upstairs! I'm gettin some chicken fingers - the good kind!  :roll:
Good thing that light rail line thing is coming to save the day too :-s

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2013, 11:57 PM »
Charley, in Detroit "light rail" is a line of coke cut with too much baking soda.

JAG

« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2013, 10:58 AM »
The Red Wings are my 11 years old's favourite team. (He is usually smart. I don't know what happened there.) I was going to take him and my 7 year old Bruin's fan (obviously, a genius child) to Detroit this fall for a game at Joe Lewis Arena, eat at the Hockeytown Cafe...visit Hockeytown Authentics. The whole 9 yards.

Now....I don't know.   :confused: Don't get me wrong. Cleveland is just Detroit Jr. but then again, I wouldn't chose to take a weekend holiday in downtown Cleveland with a couple of kids either. 

The Blue Jackets do have a swanky arena and I do appreciate that I can get Horton's and poutine (even if it isn't QUITE right) while I am there, but Metropolitan? I guess I'd better dress better the next time I go.  :lol: I'll turn my oversized CBJ jersey into a dress maybe.   :-k Though, I do want to get a Nathan Horton CBJ shirt....decisions, decisions.

Too bad that 90% of the time I make it to Columbus, it is too root against them. LOL! I don't even hate them. I just like the other teams more.
~Sarah~

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."

JAG

« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2013, 12:28 PM »
There was an interesting post made by the NHL on Facebook the other day. It was a poll actually. They wanted to know which city deserved an expansion team more, Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington. There was NO mention of Quebec City...except by people living in Quebec that is. THEY were PISSED off at the question.

Personally, I think Saskatchewan should get it's shit together and bid for a team. There has been a lot of great players out of Saskatchewan and while most people in that Providence are loyal Oilers fans, I think they should have a team of their own.

I think Quebec City, needs to stop bitching and enjoy their shitty-ass, freakin' HABS.  (I can feel my grandmother's disapproval as I type.   :cries: )

I happen to like Seattle, but as long as the new team doesn't go to some city in the SOUTH, I'm fine with it. I don't know why, but I can't stand teams that are in places that make absolutely NO sense to me. Texas, Florida and California? Seriously?!  :roll:
~Sarah~

Port Cockerton:

"Copy that."

cinthb

« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2013, 05:30 PM »
I don't know why, but I can't stand teams that are in places that make absolutely NO sense to me. Texas, Florida and California? Seriously?!  :roll:

Case in point JAG:  I have never been to a Lightning game, and unless I'm given a free ticket, and a ride(15 minute away from the house) to save $8-10 parking gouge, I mean fee, I think I never will.  It's too weird walking out of 97F degree Tampa heat, with 98% humidity, in to a chilled hockey arena.  I've been to Detroit games on rare occasions, but that's far away, and I struggle with moolah too much for many 1,200 mile road trips.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2013, 05:34 PM by cinthb »

shake

« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2013, 06:23 PM »
There was an interesting post made by the NHL on Facebook the other day. It was a poll actually. They wanted to know which city deserved an expansion team more, Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington. There was NO mention of Quebec City...except by people living in Quebec that is. THEY were PISSED off at the question.

Quebec City can never get an NHL team...because if they did Montreal would want one too.

(Feels great to say that :) )

JAG

« Reply #12 on: Jul 27, 2013, 06:44 PM »

Quebec City can never get an NHL team...because if they did Montreal would want one too.

(Feels great to say that :) )

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!  :congrats: BRAVO!
~Sarah~

Port Cockerton:

"Copy that."