Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Swearnet movie pre screening.  (Read 6163 times)

Josh

Swearnet movie pre screening.
« on: Sep 30, 2013, 09:56 PM »
Just got my founding fucker invite as im sure many of you others did as well. I gotta say, im pretty disappointed there are no canadian dates. Anyone planning on going?

cinthb

Re: Swearnet movie pre screening.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2013, 04:57 PM »
So.  I'm wondering if any ORGsters, or guests may be going to the pre-screening?  I know it starts in LA Oct. 18th, plus it's to be hosted by the boys, and Pat.  I hope someone reading this is going, and plans to tell us not so lucky fucks all about it.

walterx2

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2013, 07:45 PM »
No reviews of the movie yet?  Its been a couple of days.  :spitcoffee:
"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

shake

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2013, 08:47 PM »
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2013, 08:49 PM by shake »

Hank

« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2013, 02:02 AM »
I just returned from the Seattle screening. The boys came out and spoke and answered questions from the crowd for about 15mins before the movie, after Randy came out dressed as one of the characters from the movie.  I was honestly surprised at how good the movie was.  Part of the charm of TPB for me has always been the rawness and grittiness but this movie looked slick. Good production values, looked like a hollywood comedy.  Mike Smith, JP and Rob are credited as the sole writers and it was hilarious.  So many great one liners and new, inventive swears. A very very funny movie.  Bestest, Funniest Comedy I've seen in years.
  The basic plot of the movie is the boys post TPB try to pitch other shows to networks, put as they are only interested and willing to produce a watered down version of TPB the boys decide to create their own network and start making content for it and all kinds of hilarity ensues. 

JP, Robb, Mike Smith and Pat star in the movie but it also has some cameos by Dunsworth, Sebastian Bach, Leigh(Trippin w/)Carrot Top and Tom Green.  Maybe someone else I missed.

They didnt mention plans for future distribution of Swearnet the movie, but I hope it gets a wider release so all the orgsters can enjoy this very funny movie.

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2013, 12:05 PM »
Bestest, Funniest Comedy I've seen in years.

:D

The female characters are also hilarious, especially Robb's loopy girlfriend Julie. Fantastic comic acting by Sarah Jurgens.

cinthb

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2013, 04:47 PM »
Alright Hank!   Your report, and comments are well appreciated.  It has to be released some way or other, but I really hope it's not just straight to Swearnet.com or DVD.  (though the web site does need some long play content)   The basic plot sounds familiar to a tee. :lol:

Hank

« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2013, 06:02 PM »
I agree with Tiggy, the actresses were all very good.  Including Julians wild girlfriend.  It stands out to me just how good the acting was in this movie.  I really do think as a comedy it would appeal to people who aren't familiar with Trailer Park Boys.

In the beginning of the movie Robb Wells is working for a cigarette company called "50's"  [spoiler]They make little half sized cigarettes or as Mike Smith says in the movie, "Half the length, twice the flavor. Just like your cock."[/spoiler]

So many funny ideas and moments in this movie.

iheartricky

« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2013, 08:10 PM »
Can't wait to see it!!!

"This is drugs?"

Cheese_Burgers78

« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2013, 06:09 AM »
Very lucky to have seen it . Sounds amazing  :) .
" 30 days , boys . 30 sexy days , Julian . Sexy "

gabety

« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2013, 09:04 PM »
GOD! As a founding fucker I had the chance at Chicago tickets but chose Turkey Hunting season in Illinois instead.  FUCK!
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #11 on: Oct 29, 2013, 05:08 PM »
GOD! As a founding fucker I had the chance at Chicago tickets but chose Turkey Hunting season in Illinois instead.  FUCK!

Yep... wrong decision!

The feedback from the fans at the screenings has been amazing, not a single negative comment... they fucking loved it. And I think it's fair to say Pat Roach stole the show.  :lol:

gabety

« Reply #12 on: Oct 29, 2013, 10:09 PM »
Tiggy, I didn't lose fact of the chance I passed up this past weekend.  I told other fans at camp what was in Chicago and I passed up.  The "birds" have a powerful draw on me.  If the boys ever have hunting urge, they know the orgster to get in contact with.  As deer season approaches in Illinois, the full set of TPB, the set with the Randy Gut box is now in camp.  It's a camp tradition from from youtube burns to dvd when I discoverd the TPB on Directv.  We watched it the last two weekends just this season.  We will many more seasons before Thanksgiving in the US of A.
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2013, 10:15 PM by gabety »
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!