Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Personal Recipe Exchange  (Read 31442 times)

Islander

Re: Personal Recipe Exchange
« Reply #25 on: Nov 08, 2005, 08:01 AM »
This is stuff I readily have available.  You may need to go to the shops to get the ingredients. 

What you need:

2 slices of bread
2 slices of baloney (thick sliced)
mustard
ringolos

How to prepare:

Place on slice of bread on a plate....slather bread with mustard.....place slices of baloney on the bread.....slather the baloney with mustard.....place 2nd slice of bread on top of baloney.

Cut in squares or in half or on an angle.

Beside this, place a handful of ringolos.   You can substitute the ringolos for a chocolate bar if you like (I personally prefer a kitkat or Mr. Big).

Enjoy.

« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2005, 08:09 AM by Islander »
This post was typed in 3-B.  Three beers and it looks good, eh?

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #26 on: Nov 08, 2005, 11:22 AM »
Not a personal recipe, but I think we need this one here:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,196,132190-243192,00.html
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

denialanderror

« Reply #27 on: Nov 09, 2005, 01:29 PM »
In memory of my good friend George Germaine who taught me the bliss of "Dirty Girl Scouts".
In a blender:

one part vodka
one part amaretto
one part green cream de menthe
one part clear cream de cacao
a whole lot of chocolate chip mint ice cream

Whip it all up and top with whipped cream and a cherry!

On the last batch add all the cherries minus the syrup and have a "Bloody Dirty Girl Scout"

So good, so lethal, so impossible to get the puke stains out of hotel room carpet, not to mention the next day side physical effects which are not limited to a hangover.

Rest in Peace George, who was also known as "the Mother of All Archaeology"!

Tipsy McStagger

« Reply #28 on: Nov 10, 2005, 07:56 AM »
I hate pasta so I made this instead and they presidents choice came out with one you can buy premade.

Mexican Tortilla Lasagne

1lb of ground beef -lean-
Get a pakage of taco seasoning (old elpaso is da best)
Cheese or the chedar persuation lets say 250 gs
Asorted veggies such as onions or whatever you may like in your tacos

I don't use recipies ever and I don't like spending alot of time cooking as you can tell by the mess above.  It tastes mighty fine though

Brown meat, drain.  Add abou1 1/2 cup of water bring to boil and  add seasoning (warning if you use the entire pack it my be a bit much so use 1/2 to 3/4).  Simmmer tell thick.

Put a think layer of meat on the bottom of a 9x9 glass dish.  Then put a tortilla this m8ight need to be trimmed to fit the dish) down on top. Then more meat and cheese and onions and whatever other veggies you have.  Keep layering unitil you get to top of the dish and finish with meat and a last layer of cheese.  If you want you could add some salsa but WATCH THE FUCK OUT because it can make shit reall soggy.

Bake at 350 until the cheese on top is bubbly then you can broil it to crisp up the cheese.  Remove and enjoy with some sour cream.

Tipsy

"i ahve qit the org cuz ppl wont maid ther own bussin" - greenbasterd

Vancouver

« Reply #29 on: Dec 14, 2005, 04:59 PM »
who was sayin they hadda secret donair sauce? or special donair sauce? I think it was SMG or Cappy....Id like to share please :D
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

EvilTwin

« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2006, 04:21 AM »
This is one of my wifes specialties. Good on a cold, miserable day.

Garlic Soup

1 medium finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter
12 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 litre Chicken stock
1/4 litre whipping cream
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon oregano

Serve with Bacon Bits and Mozzeralla cheese

Fry onion in butter until clear
Cut Garlic in 1/4s and add to onion and butter
Add flour and cook until light brown
Add Chicken stock and cream, let simmer w/lid on for approx. 20 min.
Add spices, blend and serve.
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2006, 11:13 AM by EvilTwin »

Bailey

« Reply #31 on: Jan 28, 2006, 04:42 AM »
Awesome Jay, that sounds even better than i imagined it to be, next cold night/day, i know what i'm having.  =P~

Dirty Dancin

« Reply #32 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:08 AM »
Does anyone have an easy recipe for fried plantains? Vancouver? Cottonelle? Anyone?
"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous."

UK-G

• http://www.rinsefm.com
« Reply #33 on: Jan 29, 2006, 08:11 PM »
Here's A Few Uk Recipies For Ya...

Lancashire Hotpot

720g (11/2lb) potatoes     
2 onions, sliced in rings
1 tsp fresh thyme    
1 beef stock cube
90g (8 x 3oz) lean lamb    
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5. Layer the potatoes and onions in a 3 pint ovenproof dish, seasoning lightly between each layer, and ending with a layer of potatoes. Add the thyme to the stock and pour over the potatoes. Cover and bake for about 45 minutes. When the potatoes have been cooking for 25 minutes, preheat the grill to medium-hot. Arrange the lamb cutlets on the grill rack. Season lightly and grill them until the fat stops dripping. Remove the baking dish from the oven and arrange the lamb cutlets on top of the potatoes. Return the dish to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes to brown the potatoes. Serve, garnished with sprigs of thyme.

Beef Stew & Dumplings

1 tbsp veg oil     
480g (1lb) braising steak
8 shallots or small onions    
2 celery sticks, chopped
1 large carrot, sliced    
1 turnip, chopped
15g plain white flour    
1 beef stock cube
half teaspoon dried herbs    
salt & freshly ground pepper
For the dumplings: 90g self-raising flour, salt, 1/2 tsp dried herbs, 2 tbsp margarine

Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole and brown the steak all over. Add the onions, celert, carrot and turnip, and cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour. Add the stock and herbs. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to the oven and cook for 1 and a half hours. To make the dumplings, sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Mix in the dried herbs, and then rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add just enough cold water to make a soft, but not sticky dough. Shape 8 small dumplings and add them to the casserole. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more, or until the meat is tender. Serve the casserole with two dumplings per portion.

Cottage Pie

1kg potatoes, peeled     
1/2 teaspoon salt
360g lean minced beef    
1 large onion
2 carrots, sliced    
1 turnip, chopped
300ml vegetable stock    
60ml milk
15g cornflour, blended    
salt and pepper

Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Add the salt and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce the heat, and then simmer for 20 mins, until tender. Meanwhile, dry-fry the minced beef in a large non-stick saucepan until browned, stirring all the time to break it up. Add the onion and saute for 3 mins. Add the carrots and turnip, and pour into the stock. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for about 20 mins. Drain the potatoes and mash well. Add the milk and seasoning, and then beat vigourously with a wooden spoon or use a hand-held electric beater to whisk the potatoes until light and fluffy. Transfer the meat mixture to an ovenproof dish and top with the mashed potato. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until heated through and golden brown on top.

Hope You Enjoy

UK-G

cottonelle lover

• Location: Took a lot of Bullshit but I made it. Canada is home now
« Reply #34 on: Jan 30, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Does anyone have an easy recipe for fried plantains? Vancouver? Cottonelle? Anyone?

Funny you should ask, Grant did a report on Colombia this weekend and had to make a dish to go with it...we made  arepas...but we almost made plaintains...well the dish is called patacons and we make it often here....buy yourself a bunch of plaintains...a bunch as in one group of bananas not a hell of a lot of single ones...*laughs* peel those puppies....then slice about 1inch thick...then press between two plates...flatten that baby out....heat up a skillet of oil...I like veg or canola oil for frying these...let it get hot...then place about 4 in the pan at a time...let cook on one side about 2 to 3 min then flip...repeat the time...try to only flip once...then dry on a paper towel....you can dust em with powder sugar or if you are really going Colombiano style use Cocaine....we again just leave em plain...eat em up lke that or they go great with any dish....okay..now I want some...hope that helps ya out...*HUGS*

Dirty Dancin

« Reply #35 on: Feb 01, 2006, 11:34 AM »
Muchas gracias, CL! Los plaintains eran delicioso!!

*ABRAZOS*
"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous."

4bz

• Rebel Reviewer Dot Com
« Reply #36 on: Feb 05, 2006, 09:04 PM »
Impress the drunkards left over from last night's party with Eggs Benedict in the morning... if they feel like eating!

English Muffins
Eggs
Black Forest Ham slices
Butter/Margarine
Hollandaise sauce package ( I think you only need milk to make this)
Lemon Juice (optional)
Paprika
Pepper

Make the Hollandaise sauce with a squeeze of lemon for flavour, poach the eggs, fry the ham, toast n butter the english muffins

Put a half an English muffin on a small plate, throw on a piece of fried ham, slap the egg flat side down on top of that, dump on some sauce, pinch of paprika, pinch of pepper..  EAT.

Here's another one... real easy the way I do it on the George Foreman grill

Chicken Cordon Blue

6 Chicken Breast Filets (Boneless Skinless)
6 Black Forest Ham slices
6 Swiss Cheese slices (the real thing.. not that fuckin cheap shit!!)
6 tbls. Margarine
½ cup Dry White Wine
1 Chicken Bouillon Cube (or package)
1 tbs. Corn Starch
1 cup Whipping Cream
toothpicks.. no you don't eat them!

Start with the sauce.  Throw the margarine, wine, and whipping cream into a small pot on medium heat, stir til steam is rising and margarine is melted.  Crumble in the boullion cube, stir in the corn starch til it starts to thicken, turn heat to min and stir occasionally.

Flatten out chicken breasts, place a slice of ham on there, then a slice of cheese.  Fold it together and stab a couple toothpicks in to keep them together.  Throw these in your George Foreman grill for 6-7 minutes maybe a bit longer... (it's been a while since I made these!)

Pull out the chicken pieces and dump some sauce on them. GET IT IN YA!

Rebel Reviewer Dot Com

Cyrus#dick

« Reply #37 on: Mar 17, 2006, 02:43 PM »
French fry pizza

Start by cooking fries(i prefer the spicy kind) for 10 minutes at 450 degrees F.

Begin making a pizza like you usually would, but right after you put the sauce on, lay the fries on top.

Cover sauce and fries with cheese. (And any other topping you may want)

Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese looks good.

Sounds strange, sound odd,but it's one of my favorite recipies  :irishtoast: Happy St. Pattys!!
Time for drinkin bud.

Julians_Wife

« Reply #38 on: Apr 02, 2006, 11:25 PM »
Lots of good stuff in here ....... and mmmmmm..... eggs benedict that's my favorite breakfast!

Here's a couple of recipies from me and some time this week, I'll dig out some of my Nona's, so you can make classic Italian food and I'll give you all my home made pasta recipie so you can quit eating that plastic stuff that they try to pass off as pasta LOL

Taco Dip - if you're watching what you eat this is NOT for you LOL ,but this a great recipie for when the guys are coming over etc.

What you need to cook:

Lasagna pan
Frying Pan
Cheese grater (unless you're lazy like me and buy it shredded lol)
med bowl

Ingredients

1 and 1/2 pounds of ground beef (pref lean)
2 pkgs of cream cheese (softened)
3 tablespoons of mayo
1 pkg of taco seasoning
1 big jar of salsa
1 huge bag of your favorite taco chips
1 cup of marble cheese shredded
1/2 cup of swiss cheese shredded

===================
Preheat your oven to 350 - 400

Prepare the beef just as you were making tacos, skimming off as much grease as possible, once the taco/beef mixture is ready, add 3/4 of jar of salsa to the mixture, continue frying and drain as much water possible from the salsa out of the mixture. When finished spread the mixture nice and evenly into a lasagna pan. In a bowl mix together softened cream cheese and mayo, then spread evenly on top of taco mixture, sprinkle with shredded cheeses and bake in the oven until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let sit for about 15 to 20 mins and serve just like you would serve lasagna, on the side toss in a nice big scoop of taco chips.

===================

Seafood Stuffing - there are many things you can use this stuffing for, including a dip, my Nona used to stuff tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms with it and then bake them in the oven or sometimes she would serve it cold in stuffed tomatoes, cucumbers and ga-lap-enos. Tastes pretty damn yummy either way ;o) I'm just going to do the basic recipie and ofcourse you can double or triple it according on what you want to do with it.

2 pkgs of cream cheese softened
2 cans crab meat or fresh crab (whatever you have)
1 cup of salad shrimp
1 quarter of a red onion finely diced
1 can of cockles
1/2 cup of baby scallops
salt and pepper to taste

Just to be clear about something, this is a quick fry and is only being done to get the water out of the ingredients, so whatever you do, do not walk away from the stove or over cook it, otherwise it won't taste very good.

In a pan melt some butter, 3 or 4 finely diced garlic cloves, and fry the onions just until softened, add in the shrimp, scallops, cockles and if you're using fresh crab you can also toss it in, if it's canned crab don't bother. Drain off any excess water and then refrigerate. Once it has cooled down after a couple of hours, mix it thoroughly in with the cream cheese. (Make sure that it is really cool, otherwise when you mix it with the cream cheese it will get watery - when you take it out of the fridge check to see if anymore liquid has settled at the bottom of the bowl or you can put it in cheese cloth and squeeze the heck out of it, making sure there's no excess liquid). Then place in the firidge again for a couple of hours if you're planning to use it as a dip so it sets nicely.

If you're using it as a stuffing for peppers, tomatoes or mushrooms baked in the oven, you can top it with a nice sprinkle of bread crumbs or cheese (I like mine with a mixture of both and find it tastes really good with swiss cheese.

Julians_Wife

« Reply #39 on: Apr 03, 2006, 01:54 AM »
Some more recipes from me! (see I just need to find a nice guy and would take good care of him lol can't guarantee he would not gain weight tho lol)

Classic Italian Sandwich - you can use variants for this sandwich, like dill dressing, ranch dressing, pizza sauce or even marinara and don't skimp on the lunch meat or the thickness of the slices of bread or it ain't Italian LOL

A nice big loaf of Italian crusty bread or oversized panini rolls or it even tastes good on focaccia bread

prosciutto de parma (if you've ever eaten it before you know it's really salty so we only do one slice)
capicollo
genoa salame
cacciatoro (good on pizza too)
sardo salame
mortadella

you can also add fresh peppers or sauteed mushrooms ..... whatever veggies tickle your fancy.

next, lightly sprinkle some olive oil on the bread and you can also rub garlic on it or make some fresh garlic butter, then you add whatever your fancy is in lieu of sauces, then add one good sized slice of mozzeralla or provolone to each bread slice or each side of the roll, then add your meat and bake in the oven until the cheese is about half way melted (we like our cheese gooey lol) and wash it down with a bottle of red vino. Tip if you don't want cheese melted at the bottom of your oven, then line the rack below where you're putting your sandwiches with some tinfoil!

===============

Fried mozzarella

Please use real mozzarella for this recipe, I know it's expensive but the other stuff just doesn't taste right (I'd get good slap in the head even talking about "the other stuff", right now if my nona was reading this lol) And you serve this right away and it does not taste good reheated.

Now you can use a variety of different oils for this, but I prefer to use peanut oil just because it's lighter and you don't feel bogged down with 'grease".

Slice your mozzarella into 1 and 1/2 cm slices and gently wipe/pat off any excess water, next begin heating up your oil usually about 180 C or 360 F is good, then you want to beat 2 eggs and in two separate plates put flour in one and Italian seasoned bread crumbs on the other. So your next step is to check your oil for hotness and then begin coating the mozzarella, first into the eggs, then into the flour, then into the bread crumbs and then into the oil. Just cook them until they are a nice faint golden brown because if you cook it too long the breadcrumbs will separate from the cheese. (this takes practice, you won't master it the first time around let me tell ya lol)

will post more recipes tomorrow if I have a chance ;o)

Julians_Wife

« Reply #40 on: Apr 03, 2006, 12:27 PM »
Teryaki Recipes (I've got couple more I will add throughout the day)

Teryaki Steak Sandwiches

About teryaki sauce - I've tried quite a few different brands of Teriyaki sauce but the best one I have found is called Golden Dragon Thick Teryaki Sauce - forsure it is avail at the Superstore, if all else fails!

There are a few different steaks you can use for this recipe, I either use fast fry steaks (on GF grill) if I'm in a hurry or I'll use a nice sirloin tip and grill it on the BBQ first and cook it at med rare.

Ingredients

Teriyaki Sauce
Steak
green onions
mushrooms
optional - bell peppers or shrimp
over sized panini rolls
cheese (you can use mozzarella, swiss, or provolone)

First tenderise your steaks, alot of people don't do this anymore and the steak can turn out tuff and hard to chew, mildly season it with your choice of spices, I usually use New York Steak Spice. I am also a huge fan of garlic in all my recipes, but just don't add too much otherwise it will over power the flavor of the teryaki sauce.

Then either pan fry your steaks or grill them until they just cooked nicely on the outside (If I'm in a hurry I just whip out the george foreman grill, b/c I hate fried steak). Cut the steak into slivers of meat like fajita slices. Next sautee your veggies and or shrimp in a pan with a little bit of butter and garlic and add in a fair amount of teriyaki sauce and toss the steak into the pan just long enough to coat the meat in the teriyaki sauce. Next add cheese slices to each side of the bun, toss in the steak mixture and bake in the oven until cheese is partially melted. When you serve these, feel free to add more teriyaki sauce and tastes really good mixed with a garlic chili paste to give it some extra kick!

bigbenjamin

« Reply #41 on: Apr 03, 2006, 12:46 PM »
Oh man, that sounds great, JW - I'm gonna try that sando real soon!! Thanks!!

Made this dish for my daughter and granddaughter last night - and it was the first time I made it - very easy and too fackin delisciouso (saw it on "everyday italian" food network):

Chicken Vesuvio

3 tablespoons olive oil
4 chicken thighs with skin and bones
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, halved
4 large garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
8 ounces frozen artichoke hearts or 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
2 tablespoons unsalted butter

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Heat the oil in large ovenproof pot over high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Working in 2 batches if necessary, cook the chicken in the pot until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a bowl. Carefully add the potatoes to the same pot and cook until they are golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the wine and stir to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Add the broth, oregano, and thyme. Return the chicken to the pot. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.

Cover and bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Arrange the potatoes around chicken. Add the artichoke hearts to the sauce in the pot. Cover and simmer over high heat until the artichokes are tender, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Turn heat to low. Stir in the butter. Pour the sauce over chicken and potatoes, and serve.

Might post my pic of the dish later - very pretty - I added some chopped parsely across the top - just for looks.

I could dance with you until the cows come home. On second thought I'd rather dance with the cows until you come home - cheers!

Julians_Wife

« Reply #42 on: Apr 03, 2006, 12:56 PM »
I was just going to PM you BB and ask you if you could recommend some other sauces and dips for sushi and just a question too ... do Japanese have a dim sum? My one roomie is Filipino but damn she makes some good chinese dim sum! But I sure would like to try a Japanese variant. I think I just gained 5 lbs thinking about it LOL I love the Food Network almost as much as the TPBoys (it's a VERY close second hehehe;o)

Shit machine gun

« Reply #43 on: Apr 03, 2006, 01:04 PM »
Food network new shows started up today.

Licence to grill on Daily at 6pm. 

Also, one of the flappy bird brothers, Nobu, has a new show on called Food Jammers.
http://www.foodnetwork.ca/ontv/titledetails.aspx?titleid=97053
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Julians_Wife

« Reply #44 on: Apr 03, 2006, 01:28 PM »
I like License to Grill with Bobby Flay and that's really cool about Nobu will have to check it out.

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #45 on: Apr 04, 2006, 11:07 AM »
Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentiis - whatever she is cooking is allright with me... really, it's her cooking that I like the most  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Brandt: You never went to college...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #46 on: Apr 04, 2006, 12:15 PM »
Yeah, her cooking and her 34C apron. :boobies:

I even got my wife watching her but she still knows I watch more for the food, I mean boobs, than anything else.
I keep telling her that she's going to be my next wife.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #47 on: Apr 04, 2006, 12:22 PM »

:lol: I think she has one of those underwire push up aprons - they are absolutely phenomenal. 
Brandt: You never went to college...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

Julians_Wife

« Reply #48 on: Apr 04, 2006, 12:22 PM »
Teriyaki Roast Beef with Mashed Potatoes and Teriyaki Gravy

You will need a couple bottles of teriyaki sauce (same kind mentioned above) I usually go through 2 bottles of it for this recipe, but damn it's good. And the roast should be prepared the night before, to allow for a good marinating time. I'll warn you right now, this recipe is sweet tasting if you use GD teriyaki sauce, but you will not be disappointed with the flavor and juiciness of your roast.

Ingredients

Roast of Beef
Finely sliced garlic
Sliced onions
Teriyaki sauce
Potatoes
Gravy
Buns

Season your roast as you normally would, then cut slivers throughout it and stuff garlic into the slivers, push them in as far as you can, so when you marinate the roast, it will also get inside the slivers, making your roast tender and juicy. Next marinate the roast with a good 3/4 of a bottle of the teriyaki sauce, cover with saran wrap and refridgerate for a good few hours, then flip it upside down, use the remainder of the teriyaki sauce, cover again and put it back in the fridge until you're ready to cook it. When you're ready to roast it, add the leftover marinade to the roasting pan and dilute with a bit of water or beef stock (add fresh teriyaki sauce too if you'd like, not alot because you still have to make the gravy), toss in your onions and more garlic into the roasting pan. Boil and mash your potatoes, put your buns in the oven to heat them and then begin to make your gravy, for this recipe I usually use clubhouse gravy packets or mushroom gravy in a can and then season it to my liking, and instead of using straight water as per instructions, I use a 70 part combo of teriyaki sauce to 30 parts of water, continue to taste the gravy until it's to your liking. (This tastes like crap with a white gravy, only brown gravy will work well with it).

===============
Teriyaki Tube Steak and Teriyaki Fried Rice

Ingredients

Hot Italian Sausage
Fast fry steaks
Teriyaki Sauce
Rice
Bacon (chopped into quartered slices)
Chinese Sausage
Shrimp
Green onion (chopped)
2 scrambled eggs
Chopped Broccoli
Peas
Chopped Bok Choy

(you don't need to use all the veggies I listed above for the rice, but that's how it was made for me).

First remove the casings off the sausage, tenderise your steaks, then marinate your steak sand your sausages for a few hours with Teriyaki sauce. After you have marinated them for a couple of hours, take your steaks and wrap them around your sausages individually (hold them in place with a couple of toothpicks if necessary). Put them in a lasagna pan and add some beef stock and your left over marinade (add more teriyaki sauce), don't use alot of stock and marinade, just enough to fill the bottom of the pan evenly, so they don't dry out and you'll have to turn them over a couple of times until they are cooked. (to reduce time and possible dryness, you can also boil the sausages and then remove the casings).

Next boil your rice, and into a wok add a small amount of peanut or seasame oil, toss in your bacon and chinese sausage, drain off any grease from the bacon, toss in your scrambled eggs, next add in your veggies, then put your green onions and shrimp in last. When your rice is ready toss it in and mix everything evenly, add in your teriyaki sauce, just keep tasting it until you get the flavor you like. Serve with your tube steaks and feel free to add more teriyaki sauce once you're ready to serve.
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2006, 12:45 PM by Julians_Wife »

Shit machine gun

« Reply #49 on: Apr 04, 2006, 12:27 PM »

:lol: I think she has one of those underwire push up aprons - they are absolutely phenomenal. 

I'm not too religious, but I'll give that an AMEN.

I HATE Conky