Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Black Dog wins Best Guitar riff contest  (Read 1726 times)

shake

Black Dog wins Best Guitar riff contest
« on: Dec 02, 2012, 01:37 PM »
CBC radio recently held a contest for the best guitar riff

http://music.cbc.ca/#/Radio2/blogs/2012/11/Black-Dog-wins-tournament-of-riffs-named-best-guitar-riff-ever

Black Dog won.   It's not one of my favorite Zeppelin songs but he is my favorite guitar player so I think it is good choice :)

BTW Stinkin Rich whose beats were featured in early TPB episodes and who later became known as Buck 65 now is a regular DJ on CBC radio 2, that is how I heard about this contest.  His real name is Rich Terfry

cinthb

Re: Black Dog wins Best Guitar riff contest
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2012, 09:17 PM »
I agree shake.  Zep has several great riffs, and deserve the title for 'Most Numerous Awesome Riffs'.  I would have to give Smoke On The Water the best riff title too though.

iheartricky

« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2012, 05:34 PM »
Yeah, not my fave Zep guitar riff, but at east it's Zep!

"This is drugs?"

tODD

« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:19 PM »
I must say, if you ever gave me the choice of best band ever - it would be Led Zeppelin. I have seen them as a whole, singularly, and repeatedly over the decades. They are - IMO - the best band to have ever existed.   
The Park's #1 Peeler Dealer.

cinthb

« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2012, 06:32 PM »
They are - IMO - the best band to have ever existed.   

It would be a draw for me.  I have loved all things Zed since the early 70s, and must brag of owning at one time, all the original LPs, and even the 45RPM of Hey,Hey What Can I Do[which was never originally on any album, but merely a B-side of the Immigrant Song single], however, I also have looong had a huge hard-on for ACDC[both with Bon Scott and with Brian Johnson].  Which, by the way, have several amazingly, awesome riffs of 'worlds best' caliber too. :6paper: :beermug:

shake

« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2012, 08:56 PM »
I have a four way draw for favourite group... The Stones, The Beatles, Zep and The Tragically Hip.