Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: What's the most disgusting thing you've ever eaten?  (Read 20642 times)

purple_skwirrel

What's the most disgusting thing you've ever eaten?
« Reply #25 on: Feb 06, 2005, 02:37 PM »
Quote from: saucy bastard
14 years later, I can still feel those llumpy jiggly strips of fat in my mouth! The next day ,I went back to eggs and they never tried to serve me anything else that I didn't ask for.

I can only imagine the forced smiles you made while ingesting that "indelicacy"   :lol:

Becca

« Reply #26 on: Feb 06, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Quote from: bajjer
Becca, et al.,

Do you have an objection to consumin' all varieties of organ meats?

Cheers,

Pretty much, baj.  I've only had to eat liver so I can't really opine regarding other organ meats but just the thought that it's an organ .. ugh.  I really don't eat a lot of meat anyway - I love a good steak now and then but eat chicken and fish more than red meat.

Sushi is something I've never tried.  I like my steak rare but raw fish? Nope.  I've also read articles similar to the one trailerchick mentioned and I agree.  Also, remember the Simpsons episode where Homer ate the poisonous part of a blowfish (One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish)?  Too funny.

Cheers,
B.

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #27 on: Feb 06, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Becca, et al.,

Cheers,

Me thinks there was a bit of inuendo intended here :lol:  :oops:

As far as the Sushi goes ,try a fancy ( expensive) restauraunt. All of the raw fish is carefully selected and deep DEEP DEEP frozen to kill any possible nasties.

I lived in Vancouver for a few years (age 9-12) and would sometimes bring sushi for school lunch. The problem was that I would be mobbed by kids begging for a piece.
Then I moved to the Sunshine Coast ( a ferry trip away ,but a different world),a bit of a Redneck backwater( at the time (early 80's)). The difference was night and day. When I brought sushi ,everyone ,except the "brave kid", ran to the other side of the room. LOL Times have changed and now we have several Sushi restauraunts here and a much more diverse demographic.
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #28 on: Feb 06, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Becca, et al.,

Cheers,

:lol:   OMG - I do believe you're right...I'm so slooowwww  :shock:

Becca

« Reply #29 on: Feb 06, 2005, 03:13 PM »
Becca, et al.,

Cheers,

Heh, I noticed that but decided (for once) the "don't kiss and tell" approach was best. Heh.

Living in Calgary, there are a lot of restaurants to get a great steak dinner but there are reputable sushi bars too.  I just don't frequent them, heh.

Speaking of fish, I love baked halibut.  Even yummier is b-b-q'd fish.  Tastes even better if you're the one you caught the fish.   :)

Cheers,
B.

Witch-Ho

« Reply #30 on: Feb 06, 2005, 03:23 PM »
Has anyone in this thread ever tried sushi that doesn't involve raw fish?   Sushi is just a seaweed and rice wrap.  Only certain kinds involve fish in any way, most is totally vegetarian... Maybe they don't have good enough sushi bars in Canada?  There's like 1001 ways to make a sushi roll.  Oh, and they don't even have to be seaweed either, other types of greenery will do.

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #31 on: Feb 06, 2005, 03:31 PM »
Quote from: Witch-Ho
Has anyone in this thread ever tried sushi that doesn't involve raw fish?   Sushi is just a seaweed and rice wrap.  Only certain kinds involve fish in any way, most is totally vegetarian... Maybe they don't have good enough sushi bars in Canada?  There's like 1001 ways to make a sushi roll.  Oh, and they don't even have to be seaweed either, other types of greenery will do.

The local Fortino's (high end grocery store/supermarket, much like the new-style Wegman's in the States), and he does all sorts of sushi morsels.  With and without seafood of any sort, including cooked shrimp or "raw" fish, cucumbers, avocado, eggs, tofu, you name it.  He also does rice roll wraps which I found have to be fresh made, or else sometimes the edges get a little dry and crunchy.

And keep in mind, when people think that eating at a sushi bar means all raw fish, that's not true. Almost a third of sushi is cooked or cured fish.

:)

Becca

« Reply #32 on: Feb 06, 2005, 03:40 PM »

I'm guilty of associating sushi with raw fish and you're right - it doesn't always contain fish.

I don't eat out a lot.  I usually just nuke a can of soup or have toast & peanut butter for dinner.

Note to Self:  Next boyfriend must be a chef.  :)

Cheers,
B.

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #33 on: Feb 06, 2005, 03:57 PM »
My daughter and I love the raw fish ,but WH is right there are many types with no fish at all. The simplest is kappa maki (cucumber roll) all the way up to futa maki ( mushroom ,egg , and??? ( I don't make it anymor 'cuz it takes way too long)). One of our favs is California roll (cucumber avacado mayonaise and crab (or mock crab)).
My favorite part of the experience is the Wasabi (Japanese "horse raddish"), the hot comes on fast ,explodes in your sinuses and then POOF!, its gone.

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #34 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:09 PM »
My favorite part of the experience is the Wasabi (Japanese "horse raddish"), the hot comes on fast ,explodes in your sinuses and then POOF!, its gone.

Just be sure to wash your hands if you've eaten it [anything with wasabi] with your fingers.  I found out the hard way when I wasn't thinking and wiped my eye - yeeOUCH!  :shock:

All this talk of wasabi reminds me of that bud commercial - "wassAHHHbeeee"  :barepimp:

Temporarily posting for your viewing pleasure, RIGHT-CLICK and SAVE AS on your hard drive:
http://sorry - had to make room on server...lemme know if you're interested I can email it or sumthin'

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #35 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:14 PM »
McDonalds:(...what that stuff does to ya...yikes!
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #36 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:18 PM »
And don't touch yer fackin' genitals !

Pipes

« Reply #37 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Touche, Ghost. Couldn't have said it any better myself (well, I probably could have, but paraphrasing would have been obnoxious in this case heh) Lates.

"Frigg off, Barb!"-Randy
"I just don't know how to express myself sometimes when I need to be properly different."-Ricky

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #38 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:20 PM »

Unless, of course, yer into that sorta thing  

Becca

« Reply #39 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:21 PM »
Quote from: purple_squirrel

Unless, of course, ye into that sorta thing  

I was only getting changed, you not-knockin'-muthafuckahs!   :lol:

Cheers,
B.

Pipes

« Reply #40 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:23 PM »
Quote from: Becca

Cheers,
B.

"Peace, Bubs."-J-Roc
 "Don't touch me!"-Bubs

ROFL!
"I just don't know how to express myself sometimes when I need to be properly different."-Ricky

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #41 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:24 PM »
Quote from: Becca

Cheers,
B.

LMAO!  No, no, if you eat wasabi with yer fingers, don't touch yer eyes or yer gennies!   :lol:

Witch-Ho

« Reply #42 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:50 PM »
I truly belive wasabi is one of the best temporary cures for the common cold.  Still it was mean the first time someone presented it to me and I didn't know what it was and they said "Here, take a big mouthful - STRAIGHT).  I cried, I really did.  I'm surprised I still have tastebuds and not one big scar!

Aw, you're link seems dead purple_squirrel.  I hate it when my links die - "don't go buddy, you entertained me for three whole minutes, SOB"

RumNCoke

« Reply #43 on: Feb 06, 2005, 05:33 PM »

Now that you mention it...this story is a bit embarrassing but I don't mind telling you all. I love spicy food. My favourite way to spice up a dish is to take whole, dry chili peppers and cut little strips of it on to my food. One day I did just that. After the meal I went to the bathroom ("number 1") and I didn't wash my hands beforehand. Let's just say my area "down there" was burning for a few minutes afterwards. It wasn't funny at first. I thought I had some strange infection or something. Then I realized what had happened.   :oops:

Pipes

« Reply #44 on: Feb 06, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Quote from: RumNCoke

Now that you mention it...this story is a bit embarrassing but I don't mind telling you all. I love spicy food. My favourite way to spice up a dish is to take whole, dry chili peppers and cut little strips of it on to my food. One day I did just that. After the meal I went to the bathroom ("number 1") and I didn't wash my hands beforehand. Let's just say my area "down there" was burning for a few minutes afterwards. It wasn't funny at first. I thought I had some strange infection or something. Then I realized what had happened.   :oops:

Ah, man, that musta sucked royally. That's one of the main reasons I don't even use my hands, opting instead to simply let it fly. I know, I know, TMI LOL Lates.

"You boys aren't doing too well in the thinking department, are ya?!"-Bubbles, to Cory and Trevor.

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #45 on: Feb 06, 2005, 05:42 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Rub A535 or Tiger Balm is a bad one too!

Witch-Ho

« Reply #46 on: Feb 06, 2005, 05:49 PM »
I'm calling T.M.I. on Pipes and saucy bastard!  I'm gonna tell Mr. Lahey on you!  -you guys rule :lol: :lol:

Pipes

« Reply #47 on: Feb 06, 2005, 05:53 PM »
I'm calling T.M.I. on Pipes and saucy bastard!  I'm gonna tell Mr. Lahey on you!  -you guys rule :lol: :lol:

Too late, Witch-ho, I already called it on myself. Nanner nanner nanners! LOL Lates.

"I'm feeling much more confident now in my ability to deal with those idiots."-Lahey
 "Me too, Mr. Lahey."-Randy

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #48 on: Feb 06, 2005, 06:14 PM »
Aw, you're link seems dead purple_squirrel.  I hate it when my links die - "don't go buddy, you entertained me for three whole minutes, SOB"

Sorry about that...uh, which one?  I posted a couple here, is it the wasabi one?  I'll go see  :(

I'm BACk - dumarsemee...I put the wrong extension on it.  Now try!  Oh, and RIGHT-CLICK and SAVE AS on your hard drive first  :)

Witch-Ho

« Reply #49 on: Feb 06, 2005, 06:24 PM »
It works now, groovy!  Some of us have to wait until cat-dog can fix it for us (LOL).  OMG this is hilarious!

WASABI!  -What the hell was that from?