Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Dear Santa Claus, Go F*ck Yourself tour: Nov-Dec 2012 dates announced!  (Read 37955 times)

Rudeboy

Less than 24 hours till the start of the tour! I will be heading to Montreal in the morning. Will post on Wednesday how the show was. I saw the Christmas tour last year and it was the funniest stage show I've ever seen. It was brilliant!

Tiggy Puddin

Tour starts TOOOOONIGHT!!  Looking forward to hearing your stories.

tODD

I'm sure it's early for those who went to the show last night; nevertheless, how long review, stories, and pics?!?!?

Really looking forward to hearing how the show went...
The Park's #1 Peeler Dealer.

Rudeboy

Just a quick response. The show was great! Sold out show in a thousand seat theatre. The show ran just over 2 hours with a 20 minute intermission. The show basically followed the story they did on last years Dear Santa Claus tour. Of course every show is different because they improv and respond to things people in the audience shout out. And of course the idiots in the audience shout out a lot of stupid drunken crap. It got so bad at one point Julian and Bubbles had to tell the shouting idiots to shut the fuck up.

Randy was really good last night with his improv. He almost stole the show, although Bubbles is the star and carries the show. And of course Lahey is fantastic and shameless. On stage in his underwear with blinking balls stuffed in them! They do the 60-40 draw. One for $5 or 5 for $20. The winner not only gets less than 40%, they get to go backstage for the meet n greet.

Had a great time. This show is funnier than the Community Service tour. Much more plot driven show. For those interested the Meet n Greet is $60. Cash only. Didn't do it as we've done it before. I was in the second row so got a few good pics. Will post them later when I have more time, or link them to my facebook.

AndrewPants

What a show! The Boys had an amazing performance. Except for the dicks that think because they bought a ticket they can ruin it for other people. But other than that and the fact that my car was broken into just 2 min from the theater, it was great! The Boys are kind and always appriciate their fans. Also I think no one will forget Mr.Lahey's red balls glistening in the light as he did a hand stand on stage. Any way Great Times followed by some bad news about the car... But to be honest a night with the boys made it a little easier to handle.

P.S. Whom ever broke in to my car and stole my stuff... I hope that JESUSGODSANTAPIERENOEL (the big guy) shits out a fresh steaming pile of coal into your stocking for christmas.
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2012, 09:40 AM by AndrewPants »
"Hey Lahey, knock, knock."-Ricky
"Who's there?"-Lahey
"Mr. Stupidy Head is fucking pissing me off right now, thinks he's captain of the shitliner, and by the way, your fish sticks suck, so fuck off and open the gate!"-Ricky

tODD

Hell yeah, thanks for the words. I'm surprised more haven't chimed in from other shows.

Andrew, that suxs about your car.

Hank

Just got home from the Seattle show.  First time seeing the boys live and it was great!  They mentioned that they are filming the new movie starting in March and Bubbles said it will play in the States! 

Noam Sayin

Just got home from the Seattle show.  First time seeing the boys live and it was great!  They mentioned that they are filming the new movie starting in March and Bubbles said it will play in the States!

Awesome!!
"Barb, yer scalloped potatoes are fucked!"

Hank

I've got quite a few photos and have tried adding them as attachments to my posts, but they don't show up.  Will have to look into hosting them elsewhere.

Andrew, sucks your car got broken into.  What a shitty feeling.   

I doubt this is related, but at last nights show, after the intermission, the boys come back on stage and Julian is eager to finish the 60/40 drawing, Ricky says something very similar to his line in the Christmas special:  "Christmas isn't all about making money, selling stolen presents, breaking into cars outside during intermission... It's about getting drunk and high with your friends and family."

Hank

A few other random highlights:

Lahey mentioned the Seattle ShitHawks a few times.  (Seattle Seahawks)

Ricky referred to Seattle as See-Apple the whole show.

The boys said they were jealous that Marijuana was legalized in Washington state now.

Bubbles closed the show by performing with an acoustic guitar as Ricky filmed him.   Bubbles played,  Rushs' "Closer to the Heart", Pearl Jam's  "Just Breathe"  (He said he had to learn a Pearl Jam song for Seattle) And finished with an extended version of Liqour And Whores which had the whole theater on their feet singing along.

Some 1400 seats sold out.  So many TPB fans in one place!  Didn't really have any drunk assholes interrupting the show or anything.   Really wanted to do the $60 meet and greet (Limited to 40 people).  But $60 is just too rich for my blood.

Hope they come back next year!

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
Great news that TPB will get US distribution!  And all I know is, as soon as their tour started, sales of my book went up.  De-h-hh-cent! I'm not surprised to hear there were shouters at the first show -- the audience-made vids of their concerts which pop up on Youtube make it seem pretty unruly!

tstylezgristle

I wish you guys would come to arkansas or even near us me and my brother have followed your show for the longest. It would be a fucking awesome christmas if you could make it near us. please let me know of anything near my area im in fayetteville arkansas.Also thankyou for making a new movie we were upset when you guys said no more tpb and now I see a movie in 2013 hell fucking yes. I just hope more seasons will come to. I love the drunk and on drugs happy funtime its fucking hillarious.

Dancing Manatee

Anybody else have observations on the show ?? Im flying to Minneapolis just for the show and i cant wait... looking forward to meeting other fans since ive yet to come across a single person who's even heard of them in tx... will be sure to post after ive seen the show  :beermug:
Trevor: But Julian this is a pirates gun

Bubbles: Ah Trevor that makes you Long John Dickweed then I guess

corytrevordawg

Last night's show in Winnipeg was amazing! The theatre was sold out, and the show was absolutely funny from start to finish! I loved Lahey's opening, how he came onto the stage and warned the audience that he'd shut "the shit show down" if those fucking idiots fucked up!  :lol:

Also, Ricky called Winnipeg "Winni's Peg North Pole" thinking that since it's so damn cold up here that Santa lives here! Randy was hilarious, playing the Christmas elf, Smokio and himself in his "best pants". Julian was actually funny as well, as I was worried he wouldn't be from previous people who've gone to see the boys live.

After the show, I got some photos with the boys for the Meet n Greet, and I had a nice chat with John Dunsworth and Mr. Lahey at the same time. Julian even let me hold his rum 'n' coke glass (as I told him he was my favourite character, as he is  :julian:) and I did my Bubbles impression for Bubbles and he loved it!  :bubs: :bubs:

Overall, great show, great experience (one of the best in my life) and I hope they come back to the Peg sometime soon!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Great story, bud. Something you'll never forget :D
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

gabety

I think it means something that you just don't meet some celebs but they are turly genuine in the appreciation of our admiration.  It's not just the show is funny but it says so much about the quality of the actors and writers and then the boys reception of fans.  I saw the live show in St Louis last year and went to the meet and greet.  I so much wanted to go to Chicago this weekend but work schedule did not allow it.  I can't explain the attachment I have had to the TPB's.   It's amazing.  I have a co-worker attending.  We talked today.  He is working a 13 hour shift then going to the Amtrak station to ride to Chicago on Friday.  I'm very excited for him since he hasn't had the live experience yet. 
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

tODD

corytrevordawg, thanks for sharing that review. Glad it was a kick-ass time.

420exbert

Holy Fuckstick!!! Went to the Dukuth show last night. good thing I drained the bird before showtime, cuz I almost pissed my pants. The Boys were great, almost sold out show, great crowd, and the afterparty was legendary.Can't wait for the new movie in the spring...

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Seems like the show is a hit, big time. Glad you all have enjoyed the show and it sounds like people have got tired of yelling out stupid shit at the shows and just enjoying what the boys and fuckin' Lahey and Randy are doing. Good work, boys. :D
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

stephm

Great to hear all the stories.  :D
My hubby and I are going to our first show soon.  How early should we get there if we want to try and buy meet & greet passes?

cinthb

Generally, the meet-n-greet passes are a cash only purchase.  You should ask a TPB souvenirs salesperson(s) about it as soon as you get in, and as for how early?  There's probably a good chance to score a couple of the passes if you arrive there as the theater is opening their doors.  Plus with any luck, you can get a drink or two there.  That or keep some of that nasty swish in your cars trunk.  :lol: 
Anyway, you should have a great time.  :beermug:

Tiggy Puddin

The boys played to a sold-out 3,500 seat Chicago theatre last night, holy fuck. Last night of the tour in Moncton TONIGHT!

tODD

My buddy whom lives in Chi-Town had front row seats. His pics are awesome! It was his first show, and I encouraged him to attend. This morning, I had an e-mail, for me to let him borrow my TPB collection. Before I came here to the ORG, I sent him the DVDs.

I never have a chance to wear my TPB gear, but this year on my car rallies I used an item a day. I exposed a lot of people to TPB this year. The biggest hit was medicinal I got in Cali, that I handed out freely until Vegas in my TPB lunch bag. My favorite was wearing a "Drunk high & Unemployed" tour shirt in a supercar...the looks were priceless.

matthewcopeland1982

MONCTON SHOW REVIEW

I live in Saint John, NB. I went to the final show of the tour and had a blast - i had front row tickets which helped my experience. My first show last year in Halifax was in ROW K so being in the front row was awesome. I was double fisting the beer and wearing a santa claus hat.

The show started with Lahey saying hes come to arrest the boys for illegal gambling and ticket sales and if the audence told the boys he was there then hed shut the shit show down. Lahey goes away and we see a clip on screen of RANDY making sure Julian has enough ice but fucks it up anyway. Sure enough Julian, Bubbles and Randy come out on stage and tell the audience that RIcky think that they brought him to the north pole to meet santa claus and to not tell him any different. Out comes Ricky greeting the audience  -Hello Mon-"C"-'ton  that must be french for the north pole and you must be christmas ELPS.   the rickyism for Moncton was funny. Anyway, Ricky goes somewhere and Bubbles wants to get Randy to go into the audience and grab some people who look like Santa Clause to do santa auditions to convince ricky its santa....off he goes. Im right in the front with a christmas hat on and as Julian looks at me I say what about me? Julian says "No youre too fucked!" lol. The santa audition, and randy takes the winner backstage and smacks him on the ass lol. While hes getting ready Julian gets randy to go and sell 60/40 tickets to the audience. Ricky comes back and ofcourse here comes lahey drressed as santa....and ricky doesnt believe its him so says "what did i get for christmas when i was 6?" lahey says a BB gun...ricky says you must be santa i did get a BB gun...i went to mr laheys house and shot him in the head of the cock....somehow Julian gets a girl from the audience to come up to the stage to be mrs clause and shes clearly drunk and sits on mr lahey and grabs his balls and stuff and ricky finds out its lahey and gets pissed...intermission....

when we come back randy is selling smokey tickets and bubbles says the winner of the 60/40 gets not only 40 percent of the winnings but 5 minutes in the shower with randy and they can come back stage and have a liquor drink with the boys because its their last night of the tour...and they can paint julians nipples with mayonaise.

Julian however announces because of christmas being tight its now an 80/20 draw...the winner comes up and gets a handful of toonies but is told Julian will share his liquor with him after the show.

RIcky comes back disspointed but bubbles comes out dressed as santa convincing him he is the real one. Bubbles takes out his guitar and starts playing closer to the heart and liquor and whores but tapers off with faith by george michaels and says he doesnt know what in the fuck came over him.  The boys dont stay to answer any questions they say thanks for coming and ricky says he was born here and they go and presumably get drunk or whatnot.

Next year if theres a meet and greet im buying tickets....what happens at a meet and greet do they actually have some drinks with you or...?

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Great recap of the show. 8)
Meet and greets usually just give you a chance to say hi to the boys and, usually, a photo op.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"