Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: General Chit Chat  (Read 26940 times)

tODD

General Chit Chat
« on: Jul 23, 2012, 05:08 PM »
It seems that there's several people out here through out the day. Not many post, and I can see why, there's only so much TPB news to be had, or rehashed. Therefore, this thread is for those checking in, and just wanna say whatever. Other than the rules governing this site, this thread is for whatever is on your mind, what you're doing, or ANYTHING...it's general chit-chat at its finest.

After all, I figure we're all like minded in some ways, or we wouldn't be here on this forum. Let the fun and thoughts begin... 
The Park's #1 Peeler Dealer.

tODD

Re: General Chit Chat
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2012, 05:16 PM »
I'm deciding what TPB movie or season I wanna watch, and I'm drinking bourbon neat.

FTR, I prefer my cars and bourbon from Kentucky - nothing like a ZR1 and Pappy Van Winkle on an afternoon (@ different times). I finally had nice weather here today to go out and rip on one of my cars.

So far, today is a good day. Maybe, I'll be responding in the drunk thread later...

cinthb

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2012, 05:26 PM »
I don't know if this is a moral dilemma?  I mean, I sometimes chat, but I have never, ever had the urge to chit.  Not even once!
 W h a t  t o  d o ?,  w h a t  t o  d o ?   :lol:

tODD

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2012, 06:10 PM »
cinthb, right now you should have a shot of bourbon. My GF and I are watching Season 7 - Disc 2 - Episode "Let the Liquor Do the Thinking", and copping a tasty buzz.

gabety

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2012, 08:16 PM »
I'm contemplating a long dry spell from my Budweiser.  Like 6 weeks!  Up coming surgery is the reason why.  The weather here in Southeastern Illinois is so dry I have not mowed the grass since June 9th.  The corn crop is shot and the beans are very near.  It's a hard summer for the farmers here. 

On a brighter note my favorite time of year is near, high school football.
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

golfinwithflames

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2012, 01:42 AM »
I'm a fiber optics instructor for Verizon FIOS. I have a class right now of twenty fresh-faced victims, all hoping to pass three tests over the course of five weeks. Data, Voice and Video. After their first test last week I rewarded them by playing episode one of TPB followed by episode one of "Drunk And On Drugs" on an entire wall, courtesy of a killer overhead projector. Some people were watching through their hands, some laughed constantly and want to know where they can find every episode of both shows.
Score.  :lol:

Catscratcher

« Reply #6 on: Jul 24, 2012, 02:19 AM »
Brain dump in 3... 2... 1...

I just had a bout of interesting sleep paralysis (look it up, it's a sleep condition). I kept trying to move my arms and legs but they weren't really moving, it just felt like they were. I could even hear the covers rustling about even though no part of me was actually moving. I waved my hand in front of my face and I could feel my hand doing it but there was no hand there at all (and when I woke up my hand was still down at my side). I still don't understand how that happens but it's a real mind-fuck.

Now I'm starting the morning with my favourite drink - 'green' milk. Doesn't get you that high but it tastes way better than hot chocolate. Contemplating the recent weather, cold and wet. Thought it was warming up and drying off a bit the past day or two but it was pouring during the night. Still feels warm, though.

Also, what's bourbon?

tODD

« Reply #7 on: Jul 24, 2012, 09:10 AM »
gabety, I wish you best for the upcoming surgery, and getting ready for any procedure or surgery is the best course of action. If it's not intrusive, may I ask what's the surgery you're having?

catscratcher, I am a MD and my Mother was a Neurologist for 38 years and did surgery for 30. With that being said, she stated that sleep paralysis was rim sleep happening quickly when sleep began, or began again from awakening. Sleep Paralysis a conscious state of sleep that quickly turns into rim sleep, unless an under-lying condition is present. I experienced sleep paralysis in HS and my under-grad - it scared the crap out of me - I questioned my Mother immediately when it happened. After I was told, it was kind of cool when it happened, and I just embraced the dreams. Sure enough they stopped after I took that approach, but I also didn't have an under-lying sleep issue or others. When I studied about it in Med. School, I attributed my sleep paralysis to fatigue.

The best to both of you...

tODD

« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2012, 09:21 AM »
Catsratcher, here's a decent explanation of bourbon. IMO & FTR, Whiskey and Boubon shouldn't be used in the same breath, but that's my opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey

Where are you from?
What is exactly is green milk?

GmeAFuckinR

« Reply #9 on: Jul 25, 2012, 08:01 PM »
It's time to leave and get another quart
Around the corner at the liquor store
Haha, the cheapest stuff is all I need
To get me back on my feet again

Ooh, it's potion time again
You know it'll always win
It's potion time again
You know it's the only thing
That keeps us together, ow

COLD GIN, CorkSoakers
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2012, 08:13 PM by GmeAFuckinR »

"I toe da so, I Fuckin Toe Da SO!"

Tipsy McStagger

« Reply #10 on: Jul 25, 2012, 08:11 PM »
my brain is not functioning this evening
im just staring and staring staring
imageshack toolbar is bold and blue, my wife would say purple
im literally typing what im thinking
ing is close to ink a dink dink
more options are good im gonna click that thing
i wonder if my wow q popped
it did.

"i ahve qit the org cuz ppl wont maid ther own bussin" - greenbasterd

gabety

« Reply #11 on: Jul 25, 2012, 09:11 PM »
gabety, I wish you best for the upcoming surgery, and getting ready for any procedure or surgery is the best course of action. If it's not intrusive, may I ask what's the surgery you're having?

I am having weight loss surgery, gastric sleeve.  I've been dieting and losing and now I'm down to short time before surgery.  My current pre surgery diet sucks but I'm not cheating, not now, so close.   
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

tess doucette

« Reply #12 on: Jul 28, 2012, 01:47 AM »
Good luck to ya, and I'll chit or chat whenever you need it ;)

tODD

« Reply #13 on: Aug 29, 2012, 05:09 PM »
I'm glad to be back out here. I was in South America doing Doctor's Without Borders; I'm exhausted, and weirded out by what I saw. I don't think I'll ever be the same, from this last mission. I may have to call it quits with the organization, and that's a shame.

David Dunn

« Reply #14 on: Aug 30, 2012, 05:36 AM »
Can you give any details about what went on in South America?

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #15 on: Aug 30, 2012, 09:11 PM »
tODD, sounds like you've got a book in yer.  And good luck to Gabety on the operation.  I guess there's health coverage up there -- awesome.  Down here in the lower 48, losing that gut would cost you an arm and a leg!  As for the chit-vs-chat debate, I go chat every time, because everybody knows I don't give a chit.  Peace!

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #16 on: Aug 31, 2012, 04:40 AM »
"You're a shitty President, Obama! I want a REAL President!" - a drunken Jim Lahey addressing an empty chair at the US Republican National Convention  :6paper:
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #17 on: Sep 02, 2012, 12:29 AM »
Russian Trailer Park Boys: "I mean, you either get drunk to relax at home and watch the sports on the TV, or you get drunk to go into work and operate heavy machinery, and Yuri gets drunk to go into work and operate heavy machinery. It is kind of ironic in my mind, really."  :6paper: :ricky:

cinthb

« Reply #18 on: Sep 02, 2012, 08:22 AM »
Don't ask me.  I don't know my chit from chinola.  :beermug:

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #19 on: Sep 03, 2012, 06:17 AM »
Scene from TPB Batman movie, The Drunk Knight
  "Joker, did you not notice there was a long, awkward pause the first time you asked us if we wanted to know how you got your scars, and now you're basically doin the same thing again?"  :bubs:
 :julian:= Batman
Lahey= the Joker
2 Face = Bubbles with a Conky mask over half his face
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2012, 02:28 AM by moncton velvet smooth »

tODD

« Reply #20 on: Sep 19, 2012, 03:19 PM »

You do sign a NDA, but I'm allowed to say where I was - I was in Paraguay. Our mission was in the Chaco region which is not as populated as the Paraneña region. The Villages were in need of care, because of floods that create(ed) isolation in the region. Basic epidemiology can explain our need in such a region, but I'm not allowed to elaborate specifically what our mission was. You can thank the "Christian Fundamentalists" for keeping such information private. After time, I realized, that they don't want negative press for what they spend their money on for missions.

tODD

« Reply #21 on: Sep 19, 2012, 03:23 PM »

I am having weight loss surgery, gastric sleeve.  I've been dieting and losing and now I'm down to short time before surgery.  My current pre surgery diet sucks but I'm not cheating, not now, so close.

I hope all is well! Are you loosing that weight? How are things?

iamwhatiseem

« Reply #22 on: Sep 19, 2012, 05:09 PM »
Just wonderin' - how many cooks do we have in the park?
And by cooks, I don't mean necessarily in a professional sense...just makes damn good food.
"What's an aplitude test?"
"It's a suitability test Ricky"
"Ok...I'll wear a suit if I have to...I don't care"

Tipsy McStagger

« Reply #23 on: Sep 19, 2012, 09:41 PM »

You do sign a NDA, but I'm allowed to say where I was - I was in Paraguay. Our mission was in the Chaco region which is not as populated as the Paraneña region. The Villages were in need of care, because of floods that create(ed) isolation in the region. Basic epidemiology can explain our need in such a region, but I'm not allowed to elaborate specifically what our mission was. You can thank the "Christian Fundamentalists" for keeping such information private. After time, I realized, that they don't want negative press for what they spend their money on for missions.

My assumption is you were passing out some fictional reading materials rather than food and supplies.  Sad ...so very sad...

"i ahve qit the org cuz ppl wont maid ther own bussin" - greenbasterd

tODD

« Reply #24 on: Sep 20, 2012, 12:46 PM »
My assumption is you were passing out some fictional reading materials rather than food and supplies.  Sad ...so very sad...

Well I'm a MD, and I did what I was there to do, but those people are sorta the bosses. It's their money, from their philanthropy, and private funding that provide our mission and security.

I especially enjoy your use of "fictional reading materials."  :lol: