Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: NBA finals  (Read 6456 times)

moncton velvet smooth

Re: NBA finals
« Reply #25 on: Jun 15, 2014, 09:38 PM »
Watching the Spurs demolish the Heat before Jello Biafra goes on here at the Stick. Life is good!
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2014, 02:13 AM by moncton velvet smooth »
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

hashdriveway

« Reply #26 on: Jul 05, 2014, 04:28 PM »
Holy shit! Basketball talk on the Org! Glad to see other fans. MVS the Spurs/Pistons rivalry is a good one. we'll see whats up next season.

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #27 on: Jul 06, 2014, 02:01 AM »
Holy shit! Basketball talk on the Org! Glad to see other fans. MVS the Spurs/Pistons rivalry is a good one. we'll see whats up next season.
It WAS a great one! It's too bad the Pistons haven't been shit in forever while the Spurs continue to be a model of excellence. The Pistons just overpaid another mediocre player, some guy from LA I hadn't even heard of. It's like they haven't learnt anything from Charlie Villenueva and Ben Gordon. Their new owner doesn't seem to know what the fuck he is doing. The Spurs have become my surrogate team, as they're like the Pistons, the OLD PISTONS of the West. I try and root for the Pelicans, too, as I love NOLA, but they're in even worse shape than my Pistons.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2014, 01:31 AM by moncton velvet smooth »

hashdriveway

« Reply #28 on: Jul 08, 2014, 12:04 AM »
Monc, what do you think about Van Gundy? I like him sometimes but he gets too nervous. I think Shaq called him the master of panic.

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #29 on: Jul 08, 2014, 10:18 PM »
He reminds me of a used car salesman. I don't like him being both GM and coach. Gores really has all his eggs in one basket there.  I'd rather see old punk ass Bill Laimbeer as coach. He might not be good, but it least it would be entertaining and give the team some identity.

hashdriveway

« Reply #30 on: Jul 11, 2014, 09:43 PM »
Coach Laimbeer would be a beautiful disaster.

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #31 on: Jul 12, 2014, 03:54 PM »
Yep  :D  :D

shake

« Reply #32 on: Jul 12, 2014, 11:02 PM »
These things happen

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #33 on: Jul 13, 2014, 01:06 AM »
Yep  :D  :D

Bravo, good sir! Lebron's on some Great American Novel shit now, going for Return of the Native/ Prodigal Son. I don't like seeing him back in the same division as my Pistons, but good for Cleveland. Now if they just get rid of Chief Wahoo...

Koopa

« Reply #34 on: Sep 28, 2014, 01:27 AM »
The West is just such a strong conference and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls beat out Cleveland in the ECF. Varejao is the only person on the Cleveland frontline who is big and active enough to actually bother Noah or Gasol but that limits you a lot on offense. Having Love and Thompson really leaves a hole at the PF on defense and you're best option is to throw Lebron at the problem but that creates huge issues in my mind for how you actually distribute the minutes. You've got Marion as a decent replacement at the 3 but at this point in his career with his declining athleticism and his above average rebounding he is better suited stretching the defense at the 4.

So what I'm basically saying is you have a logjam at the 4 spot and none of those guys could check Gasol effectively if he's got Noah out there with him. When Taj is on the court he's going to really go at Love on both ends of the floor and we don't know what we are going to get out of Mirotic yet either. Kyrie vs. Derrick Rose is essentially a wash in my book with Kyrie being better on offense and conversely Rose being better on defense so there's not a clear advantage either way in my opinion. Then you've still got the ego problems between Kyrie and Dion Waiters which might actually get worse rather than better now that Waiters has gone from second option on offense to fourth.

If they do get to the Finals it's not like it would be a walk in the park either. The Spurs are clearly an issue for whatever team faces them, OKC is too and the Clippers might actually make the leap to contender this year with all the solid offseason moves. I just see so many potential issues for this team and the consensus answer is Lebron will fix it 9 out of 10 times and that just doesn't work in a playoff series as the Spurs proved to us last year and in 07. For all I know this team could mesh really well but I just find that fairly hard to believe plus there are obvious match-up problems against Chicago and most of the West. I don't know, I might be crazy but what do you guys think?