Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: UPDATE: Trailer Park Boys Movie #3 going into production Spring 2013  (Read 124530 times)

Tiggy Puddin

• SwearNet
For sure. Oh well, it's not the end of the world. There's Swearnet, hopefully more Drunk and on Drugs, the boys' live shows and whole other bunch of stuff to look forward to next year.

Whatever the issues behind the movie's cancellation, maybe they can be resolved one day. Who knows.

"Don't be sad Tiggy, YOU are the liquor, you've always been the liquor." ~ MC

shake

Yes let's hope everything will be resolved with the TPB situation and the NHL situation, fingers crossed! 

Nicholad

I really hope they don't cancel TPB 3! But if they do, more time to focus on Swearnet, DAOD and those live shows. TPB will live as a live show whether the movie comes out or not, but I sure hope it's made and that this crazy news is untrue !  :julian:

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
At this point, the news we have posted is true. Swearnet is in the can and going to post production and will be seen by us. Live shows are still planned and a touring schedule will be posted on the facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/rickyjulianbubbles?ref=ts#!/rickyjulianbubbles
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

tODD

Well shit, however, I do agree with the comments so far. I'm kind of glad they're focusing on new endeavors. DAODHFTH is off the chain, and I expect nothing less from Swearnet, so I guess we'll just see...
The Park's #1 Peeler Dealer.

Noam Sayin

Well, we have some disappointing news for the fans. There is a strong possibility that the movie has been cancelled. A lot of film industry people have confirmed this but no official word yet. :(
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Fishy

Frozen cinnamon cocks!!!  :(
"Barb, yer scalloped potatoes are fucked!"

iamwhatiseem

Now Christmas is fucked! :ricky:
Well, I guess the time had to come when everyone moves on and all, nothing last forever you guys. [sigh]  :bubs:
Stop whining guys...we have to expand the operation and we can make more money on our own.  :julian:

Shit (me)
"What's an aplitude test?"
"It's a suitability test Ricky"
"Ok...I'll wear a suit if I have to...I don't care"

iheartricky

That sux. Hopefully it will get sorted out. Let's show our support for the Boys in their new projects! :D

"This is drugs?"

iamwhatiseem

Yeah...it is time to realize there will not be another movie. The only way is if the series breaks out of Netflix and hits mainstream U.S.
Looking at Imdb - looks like CTLD lost about $900,000. They won't do that again.
I was hoping that there was enough American market to make a new effort.
If Imdb is accurate then they spent about $5,000,000 making the last movie...and only got back $4.1 mil.
I doubt very much DVD profits made up for that.
 And now seeing John Dunsworth joined a new show....

Let's all hope Swearnet does well...I would bet they will do some TPB skits and other goodies.

cinthb

g60301

That sux. Hopefully it will get sorted out. Let's show our support for the Boys in their new projects! :D
[-o< [-o<
The water bong is soo smooth you don't know how high your getting, until its to late. -bubbles

David Dunn

Seeing how the TPB and NHL hockey are my two favourite things....Id like to know when this year will stop sucking :cries:

Josh

Damn! very dissapointed to hear this news! I was looking forward to the movie more than anything else.

JAG

Yes let's hope everything will be resolved with the TPB situation and the NHL situation, fingers crossed!

Couldn't agree more!
~Sarah~
*100% Certified Honouary Canuck*

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."
"Solution, Captain Powerful?!"
"MORE powder of confidence..."

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
CockSUCKER!  I agree with everybody who supports Swearnet (I've been one since they started leaking news about it) and I've raved about the Funtime Hour and I think it's just dandy that we all want to look on the bright side.  I really wanna see that new short, too.  But THIS is completely fucked.  I've seen videos of the live shows and I just don't think they have the sweetness of the show.  Those crowds are pretty wild, and the boys have to amp it up to stay on top of them.  But it's the quieter moments, for me, that make the show so great.  I didn't see many of them in the youtube videos of the live shows, although I've yet to see a complete recorded performance.  And I'd still like to see 'em next time they're around, don't get me wrong.  But a movie is the thing for them.  This sounds like a typical suit-dummies decision based on the bottom line.  Did the last film lose almost a million dollars? So what?  Woody Allen made film after film that didn't make money, now he's back on a winning streak.  Anyway, the last TPB film was years ago -- TPB has a much bigger U.S. following now and would open a lot bigger.  I don't even know that the other films were released theatrically in the U.S.  Considering how affordable the movie would be to make I'd say this is a lost opportunity both commercially and artistically.  Hey, suit-dummies, if you spent $20 mil, the film breaks even at $40 mil.  Put the boys on a massive U.S. junket and the film should bring that in pretty handily in the U.S. alone, where a film is a bomb at $40 mil.  If it's a breakout hit, you're looking at a bonanza.  Broker it with a rights deal on U.S. distribution of the show and it won't matter how much money the movie loses, because that syndication deal is so rich.  Fucksakes.

Tiggy Puddin

• SwearNet
If only things were so simple in the movie industry...

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
The cancellation is NOT due to lack of funding. There are many things that are involved in seeing a project from conception to completion. All cogs in the machine have to be in place. Funding was there.
Fishy

moncton velvet smooth

The cancellation is NOT due to lack of funding. There are many things that are involved in seeing a project from conception to completion. All cogs in the machine have to be in place. Funding was there.
Fishy
  So who are the holdouts we have to bribe with hash or kidnap, er, I mean "borrow"?
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
All we know for a fact is what did happen. Funding was there, script was written, plans were made to start shooting it at the end of September/beginning of October. Beyond that, it's just guessing and rumours.
Fishy

Noam Sayin

All we know for a fact is what did happen. Funding was there, script was written, plans were made to start shooting it at the end of September/beginning of October. Beyond that, it's just guessing and rumours.
Fishy

And we don't know it's cancelled for sure, right? Just that it might be cancelled?

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
As of right now. There will not be a TPB#3 movie filmed. We wouldn't post anything that hasn't been fully checked out, on the ORG. We respect fans, like you, more than to be rumour mongers.
Fishy

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Think of it like we are a reliable "play by play" source.
Fishy

rickyone

I'm more dissappointed about losing a movie that almost existed than excited about a channel that doesnt.  :beermug:

:ricky: forever

GmeAFuckinR

First they cancel the 2012 Lingerie Football season NOW THIS
One less reason to carry on  :(
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2012, 08:53 PM by GmeAFuckinR »

"I toe da so, I Fuckin Toe Da SO!"

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
Money?  Check.  Cast and crew?  Check.  Script?  Check.  Movie...um, not so much.  That is mightily disappointing whatever the reason. I say again, a big missed opportunity all around.  Y'know, we saved COMMUNITY with a big internet campaign... y'know'm'seeeeeen?