Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: KFC, KOD and cheeseburgers  (Read 2800 times)

novelwriter56

KFC, KOD and cheeseburgers
« on: Jun 18, 2011, 11:52 PM »
As an American, I am limited on Canadian life but wish to learn more.  There are many references to what I would consider American, but I don't know how it works into TPB episodes.  KFC is mentioned several times during the seasons and in the first movie.  During the Christmas special and throughout the seasons, cheeseburgers are a favorite target.  What is the story with cheeseburgers?  "Drunk and pissing on a dumpster behind The King of Donair" is also mentioned by Erica.   How does these things work into the genre of TPBs?  The whole concept of TPBs is based on "low class" people.  Are these places considered the home of the "lower class" in Canada?  Help me out.  I am probably one of the biggest American fans of the series and have purchased all of the seasons (except season 8 which I am impatiently waiting for)  plus both movies and the specials.  I push TPBs more in the USA more than Ricky pushes dope. 
Fuck off, I've got work to do.

Tiggy Puddin

Re: KFC, KOD and cheeseburgers
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2011, 09:07 AM »
Hi, welcome to the ORG!

KOD is the most famous donair/pizza shop in Halifax... you don't have to live in a trailer park to eat there, I reckon everyone in Nova Scotia has eaten KOD at some point. Their donair sauce is amazing. ;)

There's some more info and pics here: http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php/topic,2629.msg201271.html#msg201271

The chances of a S8 are about as high as Lucy entering a nunnery, but the former cast and crew are working on some exciting new projects.

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2011, 10:31 PM »
isn't donair sauce just ranch? here in Detroit we have gyros in Greektown and at Coneys. I looked it up and I was under the impression that a donair is a gyro but with ranch instead of tzatziki sauce. (Because Ricky couldn't never pronounce a Greek word like "tzatziki".) Am I wrong?
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

shake

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2011, 06:31 AM »
No donair sauce is not Ranch. There are some posts that describe the details in threads that talk about Donair recipes.

Real donair meat is different than that found in Gyros.

Cheese_Burgers78

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2013, 09:02 AM »
I can hardly wait to try a Donair when I go to Halifax in 2 weeks . KOD is one of my culinary pit stops :D
" 30 days , boys . 30 sexy days , Julian . Sexy "

gabety

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2013, 08:34 PM »
Hi, welcome to the ORG!

KOD is the most famous donair/pizza shop in Halifax... you don't have to live in a trailer park to eat there, I reckon everyone in Nova Scotia has eaten KOD at some point. Their donair sauce is amazing. ;)

There's some more info and pics here: http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php/topic,2629.msg201271.html#msg201271

The chances of a S8 are about as high as Lucy entering a nunnery, but the former cast and crew are working on some exciting new projects.

Love the irony of this old post.
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!