Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Marketplace?  (Read 1699 times)

us_ae86

Marketplace?
« on: Jun 01, 2011, 12:26 PM »
I've reviewed this sub-forum and didn't see any mentioning of a 'Marketplace' style sub-forum?
Maybe a place where members could post in search of specific items or sell certain items?
Perhaps there might be something someone might want to add to their collection that another member might have? This could possibly make it easier for people to help others get that 'special something' to add to their lives or shelves. I'm a member of other various forums that range from cars to Goonies even, and only a few of the forums have a Marketplace style sub-forum. Just a thought.

Pro: Could help build your collection of things you never knew was possible to attain.  :moon:
Con: There might be that occasion where someone might rip someone else off.  :fuckyoured:

Example:

Trailer Park Yard Sale

>TPB related For Sale
>TPB related Wanted
>TPB related Trades Offered
>Non-TPB Stuff for sale/wanted, etc.

Your opinion?

-Chris

PS: Some of you might have some stuff I'd be interested in purchasing. :p
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2011, 12:29 PM by us_ae86 »
-Chris

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Re: Marketplace?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2011, 12:35 PM »
If you search the forum, there's a topic called "e-bay". We don't mind stuff like that (advertising your e-bay sale items) but we don't want the forum to be involved with any direct sales going on the ORG. If a member wants to sell something, they can always post about it but we prefer if the deal is done in private without our sanction.
 None of the staff get paid so we don't want to put ourselves in any kind of legal situation. I had a member contact me because he claimed he was wronged by another member on e-bay over a TPB related item. I had no control or knowledge of the wrong doing and would have to have gone through a lot of BS to get to the bottom of it.
 In conclusion, you can start a thread for anything you want to sell in General Chat but we are not responsible for any transaction between members. Mentioning an e-bay item is fine but over posting stuff you have for sale will be considered spam. Hope you understand.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

us_ae86

« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2011, 12:47 PM »
Makes sense. I, myself, am not much of a seller. I'm more of a buyer.

It's a shame when one person's wrong-doings can ruin things for others as well.

This idea was just a thought. I appreciate your prompt reply!  :beercheers:
-Chris

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2011, 12:51 PM »
That's OK bud. 8) The e-bay thread is when you want to sell something TPB related plus if any of our members see something cool on e-bay, they'll post it there. Glad you have such a good attitude. :beermug:
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

yancy

« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2011, 09:23 AM »

I have purchased TPB memorabilia on eBay and thru private channels.

Anyone here have a question about a seller - I might have dealt with them before and can "endorse" them based on my past experiences. Just send me a message.

FYI: There is a turd in the punchbowl. Collect carefully.

:6paper:

P.S.  - Good Answer FishyNeil
Regards, Yancy

"There is no way this can get fucked up"