Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 3464 times)

Marylandtecher86

Thank You
« on: Apr 17, 2011, 04:12 AM »
I realize I am very late catching on to the show. I have been stuck in the hospital for two and a half weeks. Finally out, doing much better. Just wanted to say laughter is a great medicine. I will always remember this show. Not trying to be weird, I'm just trying to say Thank you. This show helped me laugh my way through a pretty horrible time. Lucky me I had a laptop, Netflix, and wi fi during my terrible stay at a hospital in Baltimore. Watched every episode and both movies in about two weeks. Doubt anyone will see this, but if you do Thanks. Seriously.

NotCanuckguySeriously

Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2011, 04:56 AM »
Wow, what a great story. I bet if the cast reads this it'll put a big smile on their faces!!  I hope you're all better now, and getting back to your life.

As for being too late catching on, never!  This show was like a Shakespearean Play or a famous piece of artwork.  I think it will be viewed and appreciated for many many years to come.  For a teacher to come on, and say they enjoyed the show so much, during a time of such struggle, must be an inspiration to the writers, cast, and crew.

:bubs:
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2011, 06:44 AM by NotCanuckguySeriously »

shake

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2011, 06:33 AM »
Cool, I hope your recovery goes well!

cinthb

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2011, 08:58 AM »
Thank you for posting MT86.   Stick around a while, eh?

iheartricky

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2011, 07:53 PM »
The Boys give that warm fuzzy feeling. :D

"This is drugs?"

golfinwithflames

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2011, 08:19 PM »
Hey, man! Welcome. Thanks for sharing your story. I graduated from Brooklyn Park High in Baltimore many years ago. Where-abouts do you live in MD?
Anyway, glad you made it out of the hospital and glad you made it here.  :)

Cdale_Bubbles

« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2011, 09:54 PM »
Humor from the boys is always the best therapy.  Also  :beermug::6paper:

Marylandtecher86

« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2015, 01:03 AM »
Hey Everyone! Years later. Still to this day I have the same appreciation for what this show did for me. It's such a simple thing. Forever my favorite show of all time. To all the members of the tpb crew and website I love you all. Watching Live in Fucking Dublin and Loving Life!!!

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2015, 01:43 AM »
Glad to hear that you still love the show. Season 10 is being filmed now. If you are not a member of SwearNet you should check it out. There is actually a Trailer Park Boys season 8.5 there. Comedy gold.