Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Small suggestion  (Read 7374 times)

Canuckguy

Small suggestion
« on: Jan 23, 2005, 09:02 PM »
Personally I think the lighter board should be the default board. Its easier on the eyes.

Witch-Ho

Small suggestion
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2005, 10:18 PM »
Do you wear glasses?  I'm curious because I've noticed that a lot of people who wear glasses for nearsightedness like dark backgrounds, because the light ones glare on our lenses.  My dad's had glaucoma and retinal surgury and you wouldn't believe how dark and low contrast he keeps his comp, posts in a pitch black room (looks up, notices her own room is pitch black too)...  But people that are farsigted or normal vision seem to like it brighter.  Anyway I'm glad you can choose between them here and hope the black background doesn't go away.

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
Small suggestion
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2005, 11:03 PM »
I think I agree. Cat Dog, I think it's time for a change. A new colour scheme would make me very happy. ;-)
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

bigbenjamin

Small suggestion
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2005, 03:12 AM »
The current free choice between dark and light is great -as regards default - I'd say lite is probably more agreeable. This is truly petty shite. :roll: !

cat-dog

Small suggestion
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2005, 03:18 AM »
Quote from: BoTTleKid
I think I agree. Cat Dog, I think it's time for a change. A new colour scheme would make me very happy. ;-)

I think an easier task would be to get you addicted to dope, so you'd appreciate the weed leaf theme :)

All kidding aside tho, a blue layout is next on the list whenever i get a chance to fiddle :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Canuckguy

Small suggestion
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2005, 05:33 AM »
hey cat-dog if you get a chance could you make a layout with the light style board but with this as the background inside the threads. (replace all the grey with it)

http://members.shaw.ca/HGALLIANCE/images/leafbg.gif

its a background so it will match once you set it as background.

please please please :)

its the old aimoo background and I think it would look cool in here.

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
Small suggestion
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2005, 09:39 AM »
Quote from: cat-dog
Quote from: BoTTleKid

I think an easier task would be to get you addicted to dope, so you'd appreciate the weed leaf theme :)

All kidding aside tho, a blue layout is next on the list whenever i get a chance to fiddle :)

LOL! that might not be as easy as you think! I'm a fighter.  :P
hehehe
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Small suggestion
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Actually a white background is far harder on the eyes. A white background emulates paper except the moneiter emits light for white so it is like starting into a light bulb
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

Witch-Ho

Small suggestion
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2005, 07:37 PM »
Quote from: Detriot Velvet Smooth
Actually a white background is far harder on the eyes. A white background emulates paper except the moneiter emits light for white so it is like starting into a light bulb
It's true, it hurts and causes headaches if you're photosensitive like me, and may cause long term vision problems (at least in people already prone to bad vision).  It's all about choices anyway, I love "skinning" and "themeing" and personalizing the places I go.

cat-dog

Small suggestion
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2005, 11:03 PM »
Quote from: Canuckguy
hey cat-dog if you get a chance could you make a layout with the light style board but with this as the background inside the threads. (replace all the grey with it)

http://members.shaw.ca/HGALLIANCE/images/leafbg.gif

its a background so it will match once you set it as background.

please please please :)

its the old aimoo background and I think it would look cool in here.

How's this for a compromise? The boxes you write your posts in, and quick reply box.

If anyone has issues with reading their text with this bg, let me know, and I can make it a little lighter, so the text might be easier to read.

edit: also fixed a nasty bug that had been bugging me for a while, that was causing the topic viewing to break the tables, and show about an inch of white to the right of this inside window.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

shake

Small suggestion
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2005, 11:12 PM »
Hey cat-dog things are fine the way they are.  You can't please everyone, don't bother trying.  I set my settings to the lighter one a long time ago I'm happy.

Saucy Bastard

Small suggestion
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2005, 11:46 PM »
I love the white on a black bacground and didn't even know that I had any choice.
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

bigbenjamin

Small suggestion
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2005, 12:34 AM »
Hey CD and Canuckguy, good looking quick-reply background ! Nice new touch :D ! Cheers!

the beav

Small suggestion
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2005, 02:24 AM »
Hey boys, I can't see the fonts when I'm typin .  The background is cool lookin' but I can't see the text.   And yes, my eyes are fuckin' open Haha

It won't even let me change the font colour.

Wut up? anyone else havin troubles?
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

bigbenjamin

Small suggestion
« Reply #14 on: Jan 25, 2005, 02:26 AM »
we talked earlier bro, you know i just look at the pretty pattern and hope i'm droolin :oops: !

the beav

Small suggestion
« Reply #15 on: Jan 25, 2005, 02:29 AM »
Change it back yo.   I say we take a vote......

All those in favour of the change say Yah

Those who'd like it back the way it was say Nah

I think the leaves are cool but it's hard on the eyes

the beav

Small suggestion
« Reply #16 on: Jan 25, 2005, 02:32 AM »
And if you don't care one way or the other....Knock Knock.

bigbenjamin

Small suggestion
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2005, 02:32 AM »
this ain't hard at all - maybe yr screen id facked Beave? it is very clear and easy - even though i need new glasses - so i say keep the nasty new thang - it looks strangely Japanese . .

the beav

Small suggestion
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2005, 02:37 AM »
Ya, it's only in the "POST a reply" boxes and the "quick reply" box where I can't even see what I'm typing. :x

bigbenjamin

Small suggestion
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2005, 02:42 AM »
i am typing this shite in the quick reply box and i'm tellin you beave, it is clear and easy -word!

cat-dog

Small suggestion
« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2005, 03:06 AM »
Is this any better? I made it a bit lighter..

sorry, its hard to please everyone

JulianRocks

Small suggestion
« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2005, 05:51 AM »
That is so true cat-dog! But I have to agree with beaveater. The background is neat But I can't really see what I'm typing! Is there something I can do on my end? :)

Witch-Ho

Small suggestion
« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2005, 07:38 AM »
I'm still using the dark version and the quick reply text is pure white on pure white.  I had to type this in notepad and paste it here just to make sure it wasn't gibberish.  I'll either have to change to the eyestrain light board and get glare off my glasses or something will need to change with the way the boxes display in the original dark version...

Canuckguy

Small suggestion
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2005, 07:54 AM »
Hey cat-dog could you make this background a 3rd profile sorta like "litepark" and "thepark" so those guys can go back to the old style? Then we are all happy!  :D

maybe name it weedpark or something.

Right now everyone with the dark color style cant type messages because they cant see what they are typing (font is white and the background is almost white in the reply window)

cat-dog

Small suggestion
« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 2005, 10:39 AM »
Quote from: Witch-Ho
I'm still using the dark version and the quick reply text is pure white on pure white.  I had to type this in notepad and paste it here just to make sure it wasn't gibberish.  I'll either have to change to the eyestrain light board and get glare off my glasses or something will need to change with the way the boxes display in the original dark version...

oops sorry about that *blush* - i checked how it looked in the black theme, but failed to try writing anything in the boxes, and forgot about the colour of the current style :(

hope things are better now.