Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: UGH. 4 minutes until the "big announcement"  (Read 2441 times)

JAG

UGH. 4 minutes until the "big announcement"
« on: Jul 08, 2010, 07:59 PM »
 :roll:

Seeing as how I am rooted here in Cleveland, the whole Lebron James free agency thing is a HUGE story here. Personally, I am sick of it. We made the boy and for him to run now would make him a dick of epic proportions.

I just wondered if anyone else cared? Me...not so much any more, but I will watch as the news has it hyped so much that I feel compelled to see how this train wreck ends. (IF it ends...watch him stick around for one more year and leave us all hanging again!)

Latest rumour was that he was shopping for a $50 MIL house around Miami....ack.
~Sarah~
*100% Certified Honouary Canuck*

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."
"Solution, Captain Powerful?!"
"MORE powder of confidence..."

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
Re: UGH. 4 minutes until the "big announcement"
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2010, 08:04 PM »
I am getting real sick of the whole story JAG.  But then again I gave up on watching NBA basketball years ago when my local team the Portland Trail Blazers were the Jail Blazers.  I haven't come back since their rebuilding effort(s) to the fans etc.. I guess Lebron will make his announcement here in the first 15 minutes of ESPN's silly one hour special.. Give me the Trailer Park Boys any day..  :julian: :ricky: :bubs:

JAG

« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2010, 08:31 PM »
I only watch the Cavs because they are the home team. Personally, give me hockey any day. However, the way that boy played the whole city...actually EVERYONE was down right disrespectful. Most people here don't begrudge him leaving, they are pissed about being disrespected, especially on national television. Like Cleveland doesn't get enough of that! I found this quite fitting, a little song by Metallica with a new video, courtesy of our local rock station:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dt2BJI_bI7FE&h=c587f5GUWYwXw4qcWKgA5T7O3jg
~Sarah~

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."

GmeAFuckinR

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2010, 09:41 PM »
I'm not a Basketball fan. I don't really follow The Marlins,Heat, or Dolphins  But I do live an hour & a half south of Miami.I read online that Lebron was at a wedding,of another NBA player, in N.Y. And was booed by Knicks fans in the street. No matter what team he choose he was going to piss off someone.Available season tickets sold out hours after his annoucement. If anyone in Cleveland had the chance to relocate to South Fla. for big bucks can they honestly say NO?

"I toe da so, I Fuckin Toe Da SO!"

JAG

« Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2010, 06:55 PM »
I'm not a Basketball fan. I don't really follow The Marlins,Heat, or Dolphins  But I do live an hour & a half south of Miami.I read online that Lebron was at a wedding,of another NBA player, in N.Y. And was booed by Knicks fans in the street. No matter what team he choose he was going to piss off someone.Available season tickets sold out hours after his annoucement. If anyone in Cleveland had the chance to relocate to South Fla. for big bucks can they honestly say NO?

Yes. Yes we could. For one he got paid LESS to go play for Miami then he would have been paid to play for Cleveland. The Cavaliers had the ability (and the willingness) to pay them more then any other team in the NBA.
Secondly, I could not live in that heat year round...no freakin' way!

The whole thing that made Cleveland so angry was that he KNEW back in 2008 that he was leaving Cleveland at the end of his contract. He has admitted in SEVERAL interviews that he, Wade and Bosh set this up then. So to drag out his big "decision" for a whole year was cowardly, disrespectful and mean. He wanted to leave. Fine, we get that. THAT was not the problem. The way he played the entire city for as long as he did...THAT is what pissed everyone off.

Again, I am not a big basketball fan. I watched the Cavs because they are the home town team, but I am thrilled that hockey season is coming soon. I won't have to watch or HEAR about basketball this year. My favourite player on the Cavs was never LeBron James. It was big "Z". Now he has left for Miami too. So now there is NO reason why basketball has to cut into my hockey time.  8)
~Sarah~

Port Cockerton:

"Copy that."

hashdriveway

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2010, 10:59 PM »
Well said JAG. There's been talk of Lebron leaving forever and I'm exited to see the Heat this season but the hype was ridiculous. I'm glad that so many people recognize it for bullshit but unfortunately lots of people get all goo goo gaa gaa for the hype. We'll see what happens next year on the court though.

hashdriveway

« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2010, 11:01 PM »
or the ice i guess