Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: New series Haven on Showcase, John Dunsworth among the cast!  (Read 38417 times)

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Re: New series Haven on Showcase, John Dunsworth among the cast!
« Reply #50 on: Aug 07, 2010, 07:08 AM »
the last episode (5, I believe?) they shot the last few scenes at Peggy's Cove.. that brought back some fond memories :)

Also noticed who I'm pretty sure was the lady that played Levi's wife in series 1 of TPB
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

bajjer

• Location: Hidin' in the [TALL] Shit Grass, < 1 hour from Sunnyvale!
« Reply #51 on: Aug 07, 2010, 08:21 AM »
Showcase is supposedly airing the first four (4) episodes back to back this evening, Saturday, August 07, 2010, starting at 7PM in Atlantic Canada.  http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?fromTimeInMillis=1281214800000

Schedule as follows:

HavenEpisode: Welcome to Haven (First Aired: July 09, 2010)

Audrey finds her assignment has been killed in unexplainable fashion in Haven, Maine.
More Episodes, News, Recaps, Cast Info, Reviews...
7:00 - 8:00 PM SHCASEC (37)
--------------------------------------

HavenEpisode: Butterfly (First Aired: July 16, 2010)

Audrey tries to settle in as Haven's new police officer; Nathan and Audrey investigate the destruction of a local bar.
8:00 - 9:00 PM SHCASEC (37)
--------------------------------------

HavenEpisode: Harmony (First Aired: July 23, 2010)
9:00 - 10:00 PM SHCASEC (37)
---------------------------------------

HavenEpisode: Consumed (First Aired: July 30, 2010)

Audrey follows up on clues to the infamous Colorado Kid crime scene.
10:00 - 11:00 PM SHCASEC (37)
-----------------------------------------

Haven Episodes:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Haven_episodes
"Quoting one is plagiarism. Quoting many is research."
--Anonymous
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~rabielmo/personal/quotes.html
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshire/EinsteinQuotes.html
Copyright: Kevin Harris 1995 (may be freely distributed with this acknowledgement)

golfinwithflames

« Reply #52 on: Aug 09, 2010, 07:26 PM »
For those of us who can't get Showcase or missed this great show, here are the episodes;

101 -      http://www.mrbrownee70.com/alt.php?url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B2T1I6JR

All other episodes here;

http://ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/index.php?showtopic=222636&pid=1054358&mode=threaded&start=#entry1054358

This is a super-safe, no crap site. If anyone can't get an episode going, contact me and I'll assist.

shake

« Reply #53 on: Aug 10, 2010, 09:33 PM »
the last episode (5, I believe?) they shot the last few scenes at Peggy's Cove.. that brought back some fond memories :)

Also noticed who I'm pretty sure was the lady that played Levi's wife in series 1 of TPB

I'm watching it now, yeah I believe you are right on both counts.  The place they call Camden is Peggy's Cove.

Thanks Baj for the heads up.  I fucked up the recording of ep 4 that night and once before so I still have yet to see Tiggy.

I think Mystery channel shows the show a week or so behind on Saturdays.  Failing that I will check out Golfin's links, thanks Golfin!

bajjer

• Location: Hidin' in the [TALL] Shit Grass, < 1 hour from Sunnyvale!
« Reply #54 on: Aug 11, 2010, 11:36 AM »
Most definitely Peggy's Cove in the 5th Episode.  I watched all four episodes last Saturday evening.  I caught the 5th episode this past Monday night - pretty enjoyable and I like the local (Nova Scotian looking :-s) landmarks.  I didn't know Maine, USA, looked so much like Nova Scotia - CANADA :shock: :roll: :!:
"Quoting one is plagiarism. Quoting many is research."
--Anonymous
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~rabielmo/personal/quotes.html
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshire/EinsteinQuotes.html
Copyright: Kevin Harris 1995 (may be freely distributed with this acknowledgement)

Roc Pile

« Reply #55 on: Aug 12, 2010, 08:45 PM »
I look forward to checking this out!
Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #56 on: Aug 14, 2010, 01:20 AM »
Pretty Good Episode tonight.  JD was in it and he should not have shot that bear.. LOL  It was very Pet Cemetery-ish.  Speaking of that I have noticed lots of nods to Stephen King throughout the show.  Tonight I noticed in the opening credits where there is an announcement from Haven's history, where the preacher is listed as Reverend Flagg.  I'm sure that's a reference to Randall Flagg from The Stand.  Good show I am enjoying it.

shake

« Reply #57 on: Aug 14, 2010, 11:09 AM »

I think Mystery channel shows the show a week or so behind on Saturdays.  Failing that I will check out Golfin's links, thanks Golfin!

I thought I saw it on Mystery on Saturday but it is on Showcase again.

Jdub

« Reply #58 on: Aug 15, 2010, 02:32 PM »
Yep this was a bizarre episode.  Not one of my favorites, but it was good to see more of JD.  Look for more of him in epi 8 as well!

shake

« Reply #59 on: Sep 01, 2010, 10:03 AM »
I really liked the Dark Man episode!  It was also cool to see the actor that played the Blind man, he was in one of my favs shows 'Traders'.  Mind you I think Traders got better after he left but it was nothing to do with him, the writing just got better.

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #60 on: Sep 01, 2010, 10:27 AM »
I'm not sure what will happen up in Canada.  But I noticed last week on SyFy they were advertising that Haven will return in two weeks.  SyFy usually has some kind of Twilight Zone Marathon on over the Labor Day holiday weekend. Just like New Years and the 4th of July  :?

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #61 on: Sep 05, 2010, 08:14 AM »
Here's a link to a note from John Dunsworth about working on Haven, DAODHFTH and other summer projects.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=156591864354053

Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #62 on: Sep 12, 2010, 12:53 PM »
Haven was pretty good this week.  JD was in it  :) I will refrain from spoilers but I am liking this show so far.

Jdub

« Reply #63 on: Sep 12, 2010, 07:53 PM »
Just watched it on my laptop.  Yep it was a good one.  :)

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #64 on: Sep 18, 2010, 10:42 AM »
Pretty good episode last night.  But I could swear that the actress who plays Audrey, placed her finger on Tiggy's picture and said this is you in the background of this picture or something like that.  No No No I shouted that's Tiggy.  She should have been the actress in that scene.  Just saying. But it was a good episode and there were lot's of Stephen King references throughout.

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #65 on: Sep 20, 2010, 11:05 AM »
Pretty good episode last night.  But I could swear that the actress who plays Audrey, placed her finger on Tiggy's picture and said this is you in the background of this picture or something like that.  No No No I shouted that's Tiggy.  She should have been the actress in that scene.  Just saying. But it was a good episode and there were lot's of Stephen King references throughout.

LOL David, I just saw it. Mr Tiggy says he prefers the "other" me, cheeky mawf. I hope I grow up to look like her!   :lol:

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #66 on: Sep 20, 2010, 11:40 AM »
Pretty Good Episode tonight.  JD was in it and he should not have shot that bear.. LOL  It was very Pet Cemetery-ish.  Speaking of that I have noticed lots of nods to Stephen King throughout the show.  Tonight I noticed in the opening credits where there is an announcement from Haven's history, where the preacher is listed as Reverend Flagg.  I'm sure that's a reference to Randall Flagg from The Stand.  Good show I am enjoying it.

I have not had a chance to catch the series yet (I've had a crazy busy summer [well, by my standards anyway  :P ]). I have re-read Tommyknockers by King over the past couple of weeks & the name of the town in the novel is Haven! Is the Haven of Tommyknockers referrenced in this Haven? (Tommyknockers involves aliens)
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #67 on: Sep 20, 2010, 01:05 PM »
Well Haven has not had any Aliens in it yet Melba.  I had forgotten about the town name from Tommyknockers.  It's loosely base on the "Colorado Kid" by Stephen King. 

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #68 on: Sep 25, 2010, 12:42 AM »
I saw a copy of TommyKnockers in tonights episode as Audrey was rummaging through a  bookcase.  One guy mentioned Children of the Corn.  All kinds of King stuff referenced

Jdub

« Reply #69 on: Sep 25, 2010, 08:36 PM »
Saw the latest epi today.  Really enjoyed it.  Had a LOL moment with Audrey and Duke on the boat.  Looking forward to more!  :)

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #70 on: Oct 07, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Good news Haven fans.  The show has been picked up for a second season, which will consist of 13 episodes  :D

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/07/syfy-renews-haven-for-13-episode-second-season/67087

Next season I expect to see more of Tiggy & perhaps one Fishy Neil among the eccentric residents  8)

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #71 on: Oct 07, 2010, 05:01 PM »
I'm still a Haven virgin so this is good news. Good for the NS film industry. Thanks for the good news DavidB. :D
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #72 on: Oct 07, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Haven is a really well written series; I wish that the film community here by the gulf coast of North America was so blessed instead of being asked to host ridiculous reality show formats like Redneck Riviera http://www.redneckrivieratv.com/, our city has passed laws to require permits costing $250.00 for filming any TV show and the content is up to a council decision. The story from my good friends at Huntsville's CBS station http://www.whnt.com/news/sns-ap-al--redneckrivierashow,0,4223299.story

Then again at the same time, if done right it would probably boost the failing local economy significantly; even if it is trashy reality tv. Someone should appoint me to negotiate between these bloody neanderthals; this is silly. ;P

Sorry to get off topic, I digress.. I am totally lovin' me some Haven; keep up the great work you guys! :)
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #73 on: Oct 09, 2010, 01:04 AM »
Wow what a great season ender  :)   A lot of stuff to write about next year that's for sure.  JD was in tonights episode and I also noticed that he was listed in the opening credits. I hadn't noticed that before and I have been watching that for awhile. Just to see if I can pick out any Stephen King references. So perhaps this means he will not only be back for next season but will be more of a permanent cast member.  I guess only time will tell.  I like how the paroled prisoner in on tonights episode was from Shawshank..

ericonwheelz

« Reply #74 on: Oct 14, 2010, 11:59 AM »
saw him on haven lol still looks drunk
fuck off!!