Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: New series Haven on Showcase, John Dunsworth among the cast!  (Read 38492 times)

bajjer

• Location: Hidin' in the [TALL] Shit Grass, < 1 hour from Sunnyvale!
Re: New series Haven on Showcase, John Dunsworth among the cast!
« Reply #25 on: Jul 15, 2010, 11:09 PM »
Oh no, I get summers off, but I mean the money still isn't there, because I'm working to earn it. Anyway, one good thing is that I have a lot of family in NS so I wouldn't be out of places to live at all.
That's definitely a bonus.
"Quoting one is plagiarism. Quoting many is research."
--Anonymous
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~rabielmo/personal/quotes.html
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshire/EinsteinQuotes.html
Copyright: Kevin Harris 1995 (may be freely distributed with this acknowledgement)

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #26 on: Jul 16, 2010, 03:18 PM »
I have missed this up until this point; however, I just remembered my cable companies OnDemand service. So I checked and Haven is there.  So I will probably watch it some time this weekend  8)

Chantal

« Reply #27 on: Jul 16, 2010, 06:29 PM »
Do! It is amazing! After being given more time to dwell on it today during my boring, mindless job, I've decided that it's an awesome combination of police drama, scifi, comedy, mystery, and I love the current lack of romance. I hope they keep it that way. It took me a while to pin-point exactly what made Audrey so awesome. No love interest to make her all lovey-dovey and googly-eyed.

I'm such a girl.

bajjer

• Location: Hidin' in the [TALL] Shit Grass, < 1 hour from Sunnyvale!
« Reply #28 on: Jul 16, 2010, 06:35 PM »
Do! It is amazing! After being given more time to dwell on it today during my boring, mindless job, I've decided that it's an awesome combination of police drama, scifi, comedy, mystery, and I love the current lack of romance. I hope they keep it that way. It took me a while to pin-point exactly what made Audrey so awesome. No love interest to make her all lovey-dovey and googly-eyed.

I'm such a girl.
It sure sounds like there's more to come regarding your closing point(s) :idea:.
"Quoting one is plagiarism. Quoting many is research."
--Anonymous
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~rabielmo/personal/quotes.html
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshire/EinsteinQuotes.html
Copyright: Kevin Harris 1995 (may be freely distributed with this acknowledgement)

Jdub

« Reply #29 on: Jul 17, 2010, 01:27 PM »
Thank Godfrey for torrents.  I was able to watch the first epi and it was so great to see John D again.  I recognized Lunenburg right off too.  I'll be following this series for sure.   :)

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #30 on: Jul 18, 2010, 12:53 AM »
I have just finished watching the first two episodes of Haven via the OnDemand feature of my cable provider.  Very cool series, with a great blend of quirky characters with mystery, comedy etc.. all rolled into one.  I like seeing JD again of course but he was only in the 1st episode so far.  But his character is one of the best, so I am sure he will return again. 

Chantal

« Reply #31 on: Jul 20, 2010, 11:07 AM »
I have just finished watching the first two episodes of Haven via the OnDemand feature of my cable provider.  Very cool series, with a great blend of quirky characters with mystery, comedy etc.. all rolled into one.  I like seeing JD again of course but he was only in the 1st episode so far.  But his character is one of the best, so I am sure he will return again.
Yep! I've been noticing on sites like Syfy that when they list the main cast it's always Emily Rose, Lucas Bryant, Eric Balfour, John Dunsworth and Richard Donat. I'm surprised that the actor who plays Nathan's dad isn't listed as well, but anyway, seems to me that those six characters will be the consistent - although the show does a really good job at giving the episodic characters a lot of depth. I'm impressed with the writing!

shake

« Reply #32 on: Jul 20, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Yeah Nathan's dad is Nicholas Campbell, of DaVinci, and other fame.

The preacher man from last night was on Elaine's Psychiatrist on Seinfeld and also "Billy" of "Life With Billy" which was based on a true story that happened in NS.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2010, 02:21 PM by shake »

Chantal

« Reply #33 on: Jul 20, 2010, 01:33 PM »
Yeah! Steven McHattie! When I saw him I was like OMG it's the older Nite Owl from Watchmen! He was really, really good in Haven last night. He reminds me a little bit of Robert Kneeper, another actor who was in Prison Break and Heroes.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #34 on: Jul 21, 2010, 08:16 AM »
I've watched both episodes now and getting into the show. It's nice to see Dunsworth act again and I like how they throw some humour in as well. Saw a couple of other familiar faces in the background but no Tiggy yet (unless you include the newspaper picture).
 I'll be watching next week.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #35 on: Jul 21, 2010, 09:57 AM »
I finally got to see the first episode last night - good to see JD on our screens again! The newspaper guys look like they are going to be fun characters to watch. The scenery sure looks pretty, and it's fun to spot how they cut from two entirely different locations to make it look like the same place.

Fishy, I don't know exactly if/when a scene I did will be used, you know what it's like! It was set in a smart restaurant where weird things start to happen. I was BG in another scene where I'm drinking beer in a pub... typecast again!  :lol:

Chantal

« Reply #36 on: Jul 21, 2010, 11:33 AM »
Lol! I've been keeping an eye out for you too, Tiggy. It's great because Haven is already the kind of show that you really need to be paying attention to if you're trying to solve the mystery at the same time as they are. Plus I have my eyes on the background for familiar faces, so basically by the end of the episode I'm either scowling at the screen or my eyes are just plain stuck like :shock: .

JAG

« Reply #37 on: Jul 21, 2010, 01:17 PM »
I've been watching "Haven" on SyFy here in the states. Is anyone else? I missed the first episode but jumped in after that.
~Sarah~
*100% Certified Honouary Canuck*

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."
"Solution, Captain Powerful?!"
"MORE powder of confidence..."

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #38 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Another good episode last night.  I will not say too much.  Since it's broadcast here on Friday nights, then later on the next week in Canada.  I am liking the show.  Liking the Duke character quite a bit. 

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #39 on: Jul 26, 2010, 06:10 PM »
just caught the second episode.. I think I like this show so far, nice and mysterious :)

anyone notice any other TPB-friends in the show? ..I'll give a hint.. he was in the episode where cory and trevor steal gas and the boys setup an illegal gas station in the park...
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

JAG

« Reply #40 on: Jul 26, 2010, 07:03 PM »
I only got to catch the first 10 minutes of the show because storms knocked out our satellite. I think the SyFy website has the episodes in their entirety though...right? I'll have to go check it out. Damn it. I was really getting into the episode too.
~Sarah~

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."

Chantal

« Reply #41 on: Jul 27, 2010, 01:58 PM »
Yep! You can check it out on Syfy for sure, JAG. I loved this week's episode! The interaction between Nathan and Duke was definitely interesting, and I can't wait to see what happens with all that!

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #42 on: Jul 31, 2010, 01:21 AM »
Fishy, I don't know exactly if/when a scene I did will be used, you know what it's like! It was set in a smart restaurant where weird things start to happen.

You might have been in tonights episode Tiggy.  I didn't realize it until I just read this again though.  So I might have to catch it again to see if I can catch a glimpse of you.  But tonights episode was a good one.  John Dunsworth makes an appearance with his co-worker giving Audrey Parker (Emily Rose) fashion advice  :lol:  That's all I will say about that.  Liking this show so far. I like the quirky characters and happenings. 
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2010, 10:19 AM by DavidB_Bubbles »

Ms Vee

« Reply #43 on: Jul 31, 2010, 02:42 AM »
We get the new episode in Canada on Monday. I must start watching the Monday episode, because when I watch it on Thursdays at 11pm, I usually dose off towards the end.

Jdub

« Reply #44 on: Jul 31, 2010, 07:05 PM »
Fishy, I don't know exactly if/when a scene I did will be used, you know what it's like! It was set in a smart restaurant where weird things start to happen.

You might have been in tonights episode Tiggy.  I didn't realize it until I just read this again though.  So I might have to catch it again to see if I can catch a glimpse of you.  But tonights episode was a good one.  John Dunsworth makes an appearance with his co-worker giving Audrey Parker (Emily Rose) fashion advice  :lol:  That's all I will say about that.  Liking this show so far. I like the quirky characters and happenings.

That was one of the better scenes in my opinion! Aaahhh JD, so good to have you back on TV.   I also believe I saw Tiggy a couple of times in the restaurant scene.  Seated next to the older Asian guy with gray/white hair.   I'm enjoying this series as well.   :)

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #45 on: Jul 31, 2010, 07:20 PM »
Yeah I need to see that scene again so I can catch a glimpse of Tiggy.  The only problem with that is...

I was BG in another scene where I'm drinking beer in a pub... typecast again!  :lol:

I just keep looking for a redheaded chick drinking beers in a bar  :lol:  ;)  :beermug:

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #46 on: Aug 01, 2010, 10:11 PM »
Yay! I saw you in the restaurant scene there, Tiggs! Looked like you were having a laugh! :)
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #47 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Yay! I saw you in the restaurant scene there, Tiggs! Looked like you were having a laugh! :)

Haha, yes you'd never guess we were actually sitting at a table outside in heavy mist/rain, it was very cold and we were soaking wet. Magic of movies and all that.

JAG

« Reply #48 on: Aug 02, 2010, 07:52 PM »
I KNEW that was you! LOL! I jumped up and sorta shouted, "THAT'S TIGGY!!" ROFLMAO! Scared the shit outta the husband who was asleep on the couch!  :lol:
~Sarah~

Port Cockerton:

"Copy that."

Ms Vee

« Reply #49 on: Aug 03, 2010, 01:54 PM »
Saw the episode last night.  Your were right, there was lots of weird things happening! Loved the scene with JD!  I was pleased to see you Tigs!