Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: FIFA World Cup 2010  (Read 3271 times)

Tiggy Puddin

FIFA World Cup 2010
« on: Jun 12, 2010, 02:28 PM »
Someone had to start a thread eventually.... who are you cheering for at the South African football World cup?

Come on INGERLAAANNNDD. Just for once, try not to suck.    ;)

English Bastard

Re: FIFA World Cup 2010
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2010, 06:39 PM »
sa-pose I should be shouting fa England but being a Rugby fan I don't realy care if ew win or not, but  I had a good time winding my mates up in the Legion  putting every song on the jukebox that had the word America in it I could think of, but then if football is your thing glood luck to you hope you enjoy the footy ,
btw my 18 y/o daughter is supporting italy  :?  don't ask me
PS/ yes I have had a lot ta drink
All the best to you all  :beermug: :beermug:
peter
You probably all herd that I was fired as Supervale of theSunnyparks department it's not true I quit

GmeAFuckinR

« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2010, 08:57 PM »

"I toe da so, I Fuckin Toe Da SO!"

Brophy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2010, 04:25 PM »
Italy!
Nom Nom Nom

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2010, 08:58 AM »
Thought you might like a little John Cleese today...

John Cleese rants - Soccer vs Football

I'm cheering for England myself.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #5 on: Jun 20, 2010, 09:25 AM »
Hahaha, thanks for posting, Fishy!

I must admit, he has a point. I love rugby, but can't watch (American) football - I've been to a game, watched it on TV, but I can't get into it at all. Too much stopping, standing around and no action!

Back to the footie football, England hasn't been very impressive so far, or the French. Cool goal from the Dutch yesterday, I'm hoping they do well too.

English Bastard

« Reply #6 on: Jun 20, 2010, 10:39 AM »
England are a shower of s**t and I don't think we will win on wednesday, Gremany was robbed and my daughter is not happy at the mo coz Italy are 1-1 with N Z
(Haaaaaaaaaa)
You probably all herd that I was fired as Supervale of theSunnyparks department it's not true I quit

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2010, 11:30 AM »
A pretty good Quote from an old Navy Buddy of mine who now lives and works in the England, After Germany's dominant performance in today's World Cup "Soccer" Match. (Sorry Mr Cleese..LOL ) 

I   can just feel the collective screaming coming from our island. I   predict no England flags strapped to cars and no white & red shirts   tomorrow.  That and Wayne Rooney is going to get cock punched when he   arrives at Heathrow
:lol: :lol:

As for me with the USA now out of the World Cup and things starting to turn back to normal. All I have to say is...

I'm Ready For Some Football...

English Bastard

« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2010, 03:44 PM »
The “psychic octopus” who accurately predicted Germany’s victory over England this past weekend still has a perfect record predicting the outcomes of German matches this World Cup, and it just picked Germany again in the coming match against Argentina. But it wasn’t easy:Spiegel:

Paul has gained a sizable following in Germany by amassing a perfect 4-0 record in calling Germany’s World Cup clashes. First, he tipped Germany to beat Australia, and then followed it up by correctly predicting Serbia’s upset over Germany. Paul went on to call a German win against Ghana and made waves across the English Channel when he foresaw Germany taking down England.
 :shock:
 :beermug:

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #9 on: Jul 08, 2010, 09:49 AM »
Paul the Octopus is doing very well at predicting scores. Who'd have thunk?

So it's Spain v Netherlands for the final... I'm not sure who to support. They are the two coolest countries in the EU, so I don't mind who wins!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #10 on: Jul 08, 2010, 09:51 AM »
I was really surprised that Germany didn't even score a goal yesterday. Considering they had 3 games where they scored 4 goals. Looks like I'll be a Dutch supporter on Sunday. Go Orange.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #11 on: Jul 08, 2010, 10:01 AM »
I lived in Spain from April 1982-June 1985 whilst I was in the Navy.  I absolutely Loved it there !  Go lets Go Espana !!

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #12 on: Jul 08, 2010, 10:09 AM »
I lived in Spain from April 1982-June 1985 whilst I was in the Navy.  I absolutely Loved it there !  Go lets Go Espana !!

Cool! Whereabouts did you live, David? I'm sure you know that if Spain win, the party will go on for weeks. The Spaniards are the hardest partiers I have ever come across.  :D

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #13 on: Jul 08, 2010, 10:24 AM »
I was stationed in Rota, Spain, in the province of Andalusia. It's on the Atlantic Ocean side, but not too far northwest of Gibraltar. So access to the Mediterranean and the Costa Del Sol is easy.  You're right talk about partying all the time.  If Spain wins it will be totally crazy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rota,_C%C3%A1diz
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2010, 10:26 AM by DavidB_Bubbles »

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #14 on: Jul 08, 2010, 10:33 AM »
Lovely area, David! I've spent a lot of time in Tarifa so I know the area quite well.

On the other hand the Dutch know how to party too, what with their strong beer and funny smokes.  :beermug: :6paper:

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #15 on: Jul 08, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Ah yes Tarifa, if I remember correctly it's real windy there. Something about the confluence of Africa, Iberian peninsula, The Mediterranean Sea & Atlantic Ocean.  This is also the La Feria Season for that area.  Which is a fantastic time.  Spent many a night during that time drinking until the sun came up  :P

So back on topic, I have seen now where that octopus in Germany as received death threats for correctly predicting Spain's win over Germany in the World Cup.  Bah... an octopus salad is quite tasty when your tapa hopping in Southern Spain  :)