Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Opinions Needed! Snack food questions...  (Read 9925 times)

JAG

Opinions Needed! Snack food questions...
« on: Apr 28, 2010, 09:17 AM »
I am heading to Niagara Falls over the Victoria's Day holiday with the family. This will be our fun vacation (our FIRST EVER by the way) before our travels for moving purposes and we are very excited. However, while I am there I plan on stocking up on some chips! I love Dill chips and you can NOT get them south of Lake Erie. I've only had Lay's version but I am aware there are many others. So, I want to know what are your favourite chips (Dill or otherwise). I want to try chicken chips too, just for the helluva it. I will also be looking for the good pepperoni; so debate away on which one that is. This will also be a good way to introduce the kiddos to some more regional flavours and snacks.

So let me have it! Tell me what you like to snack on!

I can already taste the Dill chips now......mmmmmmmmmmm....dill chips..... :drooling:
~Sarah~
*100% Certified Honouary Canuck*

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."
"Solution, Captain Powerful?!"
"MORE powder of confidence..."

Tiggy Puddin

Re: Opinions Needed! Snack food questions...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2010, 09:28 AM »
I'm resisting snacking at the moment, but I do like No Name chicken chips. They are the best. I'm not a fan of dill, they taste kinda weird!

The best chips I ever tasted were Teriyake salmon flavour Lays, but they are only available in Thailand.  :(

yancy

Re: Snack food questions...Canadian Chips Rock!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2010, 10:33 PM »
Sure youre trip is over and whatnots - but in Canada chips are respected snack stuffs. I have heard that "Dresse All Over & Zesty Mordant" are actual flavors of Canadian potato chips.

Heres some from Chef J.K. from Ontario, Canada & The Fat Pride Times:

Regards, Yancy

"There is no way this can get fucked up"

shake

Re: Snack food questions...Canadian Chips Rock!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2010, 06:58 AM »
I have heard that "Dresse All Over & Zesty Mordant" are actual flavors of Canadian potato chips.

That's true both chips exist.  It what Ricky called "All Dressed" and Zesty Mordant is what Ricky called Zesty Doritos after he saw the bilingual label (Zesty in English and Mordant in French) and thinks the nachos are called Zesty Mordant.

All our stuff has bilingual labels here.

Cool pics!

yancy

Re: Opinions Needed! Snack food questions...
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2010, 01:16 AM »
After getting your confirmables on the chip names, I went in fierce and found some pics (I thinks):

I have no idea what Mordant even is - but I bet it rocks when zesty.
Yes - I now see its a cheese.
Regards, Yancy

"There is no way this can get fucked up"