Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 15779 times)

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #50 on: Mar 29, 2012, 12:28 PM »
New series looks good, but I hear that it doesn't start until the Fall  :(

DOCTOR WHO New Season 2012 Teaser Trailer s7
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2012, 04:55 PM by DavidB_Bubbles »

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #51 on: Aug 19, 2012, 03:08 PM »
I never latched onto this show -- not a big sic-fi person, I guess.  It is a brilliant narrative device though, having him regenerate so a new actor can be easily cast and the show can go on for generations.  For me, really, the attraction to this show is the doctor's female companions.  Sarah, Teela, Rose... And with every new doctor, a new pretty girl.  Not a very in-depth analysis, but I'll bet I'm not alone.

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #52 on: Aug 22, 2012, 04:54 PM »
New Season is Right Around the Corner  :)

http://youtu.be/fNHEEZ_I74U

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2012, 05:03 PM by DavidB_Bubbles »

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #53 on: Aug 22, 2012, 06:21 PM »
Case in point -- another cute cutie on this show.  They should have called it DR. WHO'S SHE?

English Bastard

« Reply #54 on: Aug 23, 2012, 03:28 AM »
Woo Who  :beermug: :beermug:
You probably all herd that I was fired as Supervale of theSunnyparks department it's not true I quit

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #55 on: Sep 11, 2012, 03:39 PM »
Anyone caught the first few episodes of the new series? It's looking good, but I don't know if the storylines are quite as "heavy" as in previous series....

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #56 on: Sep 11, 2012, 04:27 PM »
I watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them.  Interesting that they introduced the future companion to the Doctor in actress Jenna-Louise Coleman who is listed as Oswin in episode #1 series 7 then as Carla Oswin in the Christmas episode onward.  [spoiler]I wonder how they will work her back in with Oswin being a Dalek and all. [/spoiler]  Should be a good season.  Kind of glad that Rory and Amy are moving on even though I did enjoy Karen Gillan as the companion.   
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2012, 07:25 PM by DavidB_Bubbles »

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #57 on: Sep 22, 2012, 10:33 PM »
Good episode tonight.  Next week will be the last episode with Amy & Rory.  Then there will be a Fall break until the Christmas special.  The next episode is The Angels Take Manhattan were the Weeping Angels make another appearance, it's also supposed to be a Tear Jerker. 

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #58 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:58 PM »
Tomorrow night is the last episode with Amy Pond and her idiot husband Rory.  Sad to see her go because she is HOT !  Also available  :-k :dancing: I turns out she is from where my ancestors are from. The Scottish Highlands... Very Cool and I am authorized to wear the colors/colours of the MacGregor Clan.. So if she wants a husband in a kilt I am so there  :P :lol:   From Conan O'Brien last night.

Karen Gillan Interview 9/27/2012 - CONAN on TBS

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #59 on: Nov 20, 2012, 05:39 PM »
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2012, 06:02 PM by DavidB_Bubbles »

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #60 on: Mar 16, 2013, 08:04 AM »
Amy Pond (Karen Gillian) paid a visit to my neck of the woods on this side of the pond (pun intended) around the 2nd week of last October, I was not around the area at the time but word has it filming was done in the Fairhope/Mobile Bay area about 20 mins from my house here. Pretty f'ing cool. If I was here then I woulda totally tried to get in on that shit, ah well- looking forward to spotting some local shit whenever it's released, I think the working title is "Oculus"? Not much info, suppose they are still in post. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1031950/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-18841434

Gillan, from Inverness, leaves her role as Doctor Who companion Amy Pond in series seven of the BBC One show later this year.

In new US horror film, Oculus, she will play Kaylie whose brother is convicted of murdering their parents.

Kaylie believes an antique looking glass was responsible.

The Radio Times reported that filming was due to begin on the project in Alabama this autumn.

Either way, it's refreshing to see any foreign film production making use of Alabama's relatively new film tax incentives and hiring locals for crew! Win-win & good stuff for all!
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2013, 08:17 AM by Mitch Lahey »
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #61 on: Apr 16, 2013, 10:31 AM »
Not sure how much I like the new series of Doctor Who so far.. I guess I will continue to watch mostly out of habit on Saturday nights.  I do not have that "Cannot Wait for the New Episode" feeling yet.  But I do want this refrigerator.

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #62 on: Jun 01, 2013, 05:22 PM »
It's been announced that Matt Smith will leave as the 11th doctor after the airing of the Christmas special...

BBC News - Matt Smith Quits Doctor Who

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #63 on: Jun 03, 2013, 03:41 PM »
the new Doc is an old dood man, looks kinda like Gandolf the wizard dood
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #64 on: Jun 05, 2013, 12:06 PM »
They haven't announced "who" the new doctor is yet. Please can we have Tennant back?  ;)

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #65 on: Aug 04, 2013, 04:43 PM »
The 12th Doctor has been announced as.... Peter Capaldi  :-s :-s   We shall see I guess..

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #66 on: Aug 04, 2013, 05:40 PM »
Interesting choice... he could play a slightly creepy doctor very well! And also, a Doctor that swears a lot.  :lol:

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2013, 05:42 PM by Tiggy Puddin »

iheartricky

« Reply #67 on: Aug 04, 2013, 06:34 PM »
Hmmm .....

"This is drugs?"

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #68 on: Nov 11, 2013, 05:58 PM »
I'm really looking forward to the 50th anniversary special.  Looks like a fun ride.  I bet the show takes off in a whole different direction as well.

The Day of the Doctor - 50 year trailer - #SaveTheDay - Doctor Who - BBC
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2014, 09:45 PM by DavidB_Bubbles »

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #69 on: Dec 14, 2013, 05:51 PM »
Isn't that new Doctor the same guy from THE THICK OF IT and a cameo on PEEP SHOW?  He's an interesting choice -- intense.

Koopa

« Reply #70 on: Sep 28, 2014, 12:33 AM »
Has the new season come out yet? It feels like forever since they announced the new guy.

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #71 on: Sep 28, 2014, 12:45 AM »
Has the new season come out yet? It feels like forever since they announced the new guy.

Yes BBC America just broadcast the 6th episode of the current season a about an hour ago.  Not bad but so far. But things really have not started rolling yet. 

Koopa

« Reply #72 on: Oct 01, 2014, 05:12 AM »

Yes BBC America just broadcast the 6th episode of the current season a about an hour ago.  Not bad but so far. But things really have not started rolling yet.

Yeah I used to have that channel at my old place but the cable at this apartment is fucked. I don't want any spoilers but have their been any wicked decent creatures?

Indianapolis Jones

• Back And To The Left Official Myspace Page
« Reply #73 on: Oct 01, 2014, 09:08 PM »
There has been a coupe of cracking episodes. I am 110% in love with Clara fyi.

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #74 on: Oct 02, 2014, 09:44 PM »
I don't want any spoilers but have their been any wicked decent creatures?

They had this handsome character... Pretty cool episode actually.

What Is That? - 'Time Heist' Preview - Doctor Who Series 8 - BBC
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2014, 09:46 PM by DavidB_Bubbles »