Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 15425 times)

Tiggy Puddin

Doctor Who
« on: Apr 18, 2010, 09:43 AM »
Does anyone here love Doctor Who? When I was a kid is was compulsory viewing on a Saturday evening (Peter Davison was the first doctor I remember, I loved him!) but then it got silly and I stopped watching.

Since the show was brought back, I got hooked again. I was sad to see David Tennant go (uhhhh, he was hot) but I watched the first episode starring the new Doctor last night, and was very impressed.  8)

English Bastard

Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2010, 10:49 AM »
Have been a big fan of DR WHO since I was a kid thought the first episode with the new DR was ok but I am not sure yet about the new DR I am about to watch 2 more episodes I will let you know later what I think of him but wont spoil any of it for you
Peter
You probably all herd that I was fired as Supervale of theSunnyparks department it's not true I quit

English Bastard

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2010, 12:36 PM »
Yes I enjoyed both episods getting to like the new bloke , will watch dr who confidential later if you don't get that it's a hour long program about how the episode just shown was made
Peter
You probably all herd that I was fired as Supervale of theSunnyparks department it's not true I quit

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2010, 01:35 PM »
I thought Matt Smith's Doctor was very similar to David Tennant's portrayal, but I guess it takes time to develop the character and make it your own. At least he's not taking it too seriously!

walterx2

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Big Fan of the Doctor. I am tivo'n the first ep with the new doctor and will watch it after the Pens game.

I think it takes a few episodes to take to the new doctor whenever he regenerates.

OT, Here is a decent story about our once great city that was in the Globe and Mail.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/baseball/a-night-of-firsts-in-steeltown/article1538291/
"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 12:51 AM »
I'm just finished watching the first 5 episodes of the new Dr. Who and I am really liking it.  I haven't watched it in years. Probably close to 20 or so. If I remember correctly those were the rerun episodes of when Tom Baker was the Dr.  I remember liking it back then but many of my friends also told me that these particular shows were older. I will definitely be watching more  :)

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 07:50 AM »
I think Tom Baker was regarded as the best Doctor (until Tennant came along). The new shows look like they've had a lot more money spent on them, watching the old shows would probably be quite painful in comparison!

I enjoyed the two-parter about the stone angels this week. I wasn't so keen about the 'daleks in WWII' episode (despite it being written by a League of Gentleman member), but the new-style daleks were cool.

I like the new Doctor!

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2010, 10:24 AM »
I really enjoyed last night's episode "Amy's Choice" on BBC America last night. I am liking the new Doctor a lot. I must say that his new companion the aforementioned "Amy Pond" certainly is easy on the eyes as well.  A Scottish lady with red hair, I say what's not like..?

« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2010, 10:50 AM by DavidB_Bubbles »

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2010, 11:41 AM »
Hahaha David, redheads do rock.  8) I'm not so keen on her bozo fiancee, but I did enjoy last night's episode.

English Bastard

« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2010, 12:08 PM »
Published on Tue Jun 15 17:38:37 BST 2010     Doctor Who fans sent message boards into overdrive as they were convinced they had seen more of actor Matt Smith than they were supposed to.

In new episode The Lodger, which aired on BBC One on Saturday evening and guest starred Gavin And Stacey's James Corden, the Timelord dropped his towel as he left the bathroom, and fans claimed that by freeze framing the show at 15 minutes and ten seconds they caught a glimpse of Matt's manhood.
But a BBC spokesperson said: "Fans might speculate about what they saw. But I can assure them that Matt wasn't totally naked when he filmed these scenes. He was sporting an item to protect his modesty."
One Dr Who fan who posted details on a website claimed: "It is true, you can clearly see. Yes, while millions were watching the football I really did see the Doctor's w***y."

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #10 on: Jul 18, 2010, 01:08 AM »
I watched "The Pandorica Opens" earlier in the evening.  Wow what a great episode.  It really looks like it's setting up for a great season finale next week on BBC America.  Of course I know the finale has been shown in the U.K. But I.... Must... Resist.... Spoilers...

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2010, 10:37 AM »
A very satisfying ending to a great season of Doctor Who. I was able to watch quite a few David Tennant's episodes as the Doctor as well.  I think I like Matt Smith much better.  Next season looks like a good one.  Great writers for this series.

"It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool."  :lol:

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #12 on: Jul 26, 2010, 05:25 PM »
I enjoyed the last ep too, I like how the writers interwove the storyline backwards through the episodes. And I love the girl who plays little Amy, she has such an expressive face!

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #13 on: Aug 01, 2010, 10:15 PM »
Steven Moffet is a great writer, I especially liked the series Coupling. It was sort of like a more adult version of Friends. New Doctor Who is brilliant; though I do prefer Tennant as the Dr.
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2010, 03:34 PM »
Next season two episode of Dr. Who will be filmed in the U.S.A. and I have also seen where Steven Moffet will write several episodes as well.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/10/doctor-who-to-film-in-u-s-for-the-first-time/67369

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #15 on: Nov 01, 2010, 12:41 AM »
Dr. Who has become the only reason I look forward to Christmas each year! :)
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

JAG

« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2010, 03:57 PM »
My sister and her significant other are currently addicted to "Dr Who". I used to watch it as a kid with my dad.  :D
~Sarah~
*100% Certified Honouary Canuck*

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."
"Solution, Captain Powerful?!"
"MORE powder of confidence..."

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #17 on: Nov 17, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Good News for Dr. Who fans who watch the show on BBC America.  The annual Christmas Special will be broadcast on that network on Christmas day  :) From what I understand the Annual Dr. Who X-mas special is broadcast on BBC 1 on Christmas Day as well. So for us folks on the other side of the pond we will get the episode a few hours later  :D

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/17/bbc-america-to-premiere-doctor-who-special-on-christmas-day/72445

dwiz

« Reply #18 on: Dec 19, 2010, 09:38 PM »
ive been a big fan of tom baker 4eva
ive enjoyed some of the new series a few years ago  w/ billie  piper
k-9 shud still be in the series

English Bastard

« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2010, 10:46 PM »

K-9 has now got its own new kids programe here in the UK starting soon

hairymaff

« Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2010, 04:26 AM »
Because it's that time of year it can mean only one thing! Freaking Christmas Special!
It's one of the few decent TV things to look forward too over Christmas.

dwiz

« Reply #21 on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:54 PM »

K-9 has now got its own new kids programe here in the UK starting soon

no doubt
ill have to check the k9 series out

English Bastard

« Reply #22 on: Dec 26, 2010, 06:06 AM »
The Christmas special what did you think of it ? I wont say incase you have not seen it yet  :beermug:
peter

hairymaff

« Reply #23 on: Dec 26, 2010, 07:45 AM »
The Christmas special what did you think of it ? I wont say incase you have not seen it yet  :beermug:
peter

I'm planning on watching it today, I Sky+ that bad boy. I was busy eating and wearing Christmas cracker hats yesterday!

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #24 on: Dec 26, 2010, 11:39 AM »
I really enjoyed the Christmas Special last night.  I'm glad that BBC America decided to broadcast the show here on the same day on the other side of the pond.   They also showed pre-view of Season 6 scheduled to be broadcast next spring.  Rumor has it that it will be broadcast on the same-day on BBC America as in the U.K. as well.  Instead of 3 weeks later give or take.  The show(s) that was pre-viewed were the ones broadcast in Utah.. So instead of the Dr. saying...

"It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool."  :lol:

It's a Stetson... I wear a Stetson now... Stetsons are cool  :lol: