Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Xmas decorations  (Read 3710 times)

Witch-Ho

Xmas decorations
« on: Jan 01, 2005, 05:02 PM »
I don't know how it works around all of Canada but down in the SE USA we have a tradition of pitching/storing Xmas decorations on Jan 2.  I see this echoed in the Xmas special at the end...
The point?  Those with avatars, quotes, and SIGNATURE PICTURES related to Xxxmas will be in violation of MRS. MANNER'S guidelines for holiday decorum and must all be whipped.

:lol:

Of course, leaving them up until July is SOOO trailer.  Although I notice I'm in a minority for having spent a long time in a trailer park...

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Xmas decorations
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2005, 09:04 PM »
Up after Dec 1st, not before Down before Newyears, well around at least noone of this ltake em down at easter
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
Xmas decorations
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2005, 09:18 PM »
I can point out the houses on my old mail routes that have Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas written on their windows with that "snow spray can" shit year round.
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

Witch-Ho

Xmas decorations
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2005, 09:54 PM »
Quote from: SgtMeowsteen
I can point out the houses on my old mail routes that have Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas written on their windows with that "snow spray can" shit year round.

Huzzah, it is just that sort of stuff I was looking for, as I said- OH so trailer!  I'm keeping a watch on my block (with a special eye towards the house that actually put outdoor lights on the washing machine and broken down van in the yard)  WHERE THE HELL IS MY CAMERA!

Saucy Bastard

Xmas decorations
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2005, 10:31 PM »
Just took down the tree and inside decorations ,but didn't do the outside lights yet. I feel like I get it done early if it's done by the end of January ( I used to leave some of the outside light up for a whole year!).
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

the beav

Xmas decorations
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2005, 11:36 PM »
Didn't bother putting up lights outside this year, too lazy.  

Wrestled with the tree and took it down today along with the fibre optic snowman.  The box the tree was in originally got some water damage and basically fell apart upon opening it this year so I had to put the fucker in garbage bags to store it again til next year.

Here's a question?  what does everybody do with their Christmas cards?
Do ya chuck em out or do ya save em?   I just can't bring myself to throw them out...can somebody come over and remove these mawfuckas!! :lol:
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
Xmas decorations
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2005, 11:39 PM »
Quote from: beaveater

Do ya chuck em out or do ya save em?   I just can't bring myself to throw them out...can somebody come over and remove these mawfuckas!! :lol:

Oh I save them big time. I am going to use them to wallpaper a room someday along with all my birthday cards, easter, valentines, haloween etc.....
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

JulianRocks

Xmas decorations
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2005, 09:25 AM »
I save some of my cards too but never thought of papering a room with them. Now that sounds trailer park! :lol:

Becca

Xmas decorations
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2005, 12:18 AM »
The point? Those with avatars, quotes, and SIGNATURE PICTURES related to Xxxmas will be in violation of MRS. MANNER'S guidelines for holiday decorum and must all be whipped.

Hey now!  What if said people with avatars, quotes, and sig pics related to Christmas are Ukrainian?  Huh, what if?  :lol:   I only say that because quite a few of my buds' parents are from the Ukraine so they celebrate two Christmases.

My own family just pretended we were Ukrainian so we could get away with taking down the decorations at a later date.  Lazy?  Yep.  I must be whipped.  :wink:  Heh.

Cheers,
B.

bigbenjamin

Xmas decorations
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2005, 02:02 AM »
Christmas decorations, as a small child I was in love with my grandmother's ancient ornaments - the angel on top was an intense fetish - and the little upthrust bubbling needles - ooooh!

As you may know, I am not a christian and do not celebrate the rather non-biblical holiday. That being said, I am a grandfather and father. I never let my kids down, they get as good as their friends -but it happens before or after Xmas and in a very loving, but non-religious setting.

So no Xmas clean-up here at the compound, though we do take our various birthdays quite seriously - my wife's decorations are still up in the diningroom, even though her party was in late November. I think we are all just reluctant to let the occasion pass - we all want to linger at the fairgrounds just a while longer. Pretty ribbons . .

JulianRocks

Xmas decorations
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2005, 05:23 PM »
I had to re-open this for Witch-Ho because I know she's gonna laugh over this one. I was going for a walk tonight and noticed that my next door neighbour has their Christmas Tree still up. They had it plugged in and the curtains open for everyone to see! :lol:  :lol:

Saucy Bastard

Xmas decorations
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2005, 05:27 PM »
Our neighbor 2 doors down has theirs up too.
Damn fake trees are a threat to us honest christmas tree growers!!
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

the beav

Xmas decorations
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:52 PM »
My mother would do the same thing every year....she'd put the tree up a month before and wouldn't take it down 'til the end of January....

Guess she figured it was so much work to get all the decorations out (and she went all out) that we should appreciate it a little longer.  Heh, Thanks Mom. :)
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

Melba the Disco Queen

Xmas decorations
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2005, 09:59 AM »
Quote from: beaveater

Save Them!! I helped my Mum clean out the Christmas closet (an entire walk-in closet dedicated to Christmas shite, and some Halloween), and found Christmas cards that my father had given my Mum (and they've been devorced for like 23 years!!). Anyway, we learned how to make a kind of ball decoration out of the pictures on Christmas cards (they look pretty retro when you use cards that are 20 years old). There are lots of Christmas crafts you could do with cards by cutting out the pictures on the front.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder