Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Google Ads  (Read 3082 times)

Witch-Ho

Google Ads
« on: Jan 01, 2005, 04:25 PM »
Where once there were ads for google sponsored sites on the front page, there is now an odd counter (which is cool).  I sometimes breeze past this site just to look at the frontpage and click an advertisement, I've been going to the google ads by logging into the forums.  Still I think there should be advert buttons on the frontpage, as you may get more hits on the google buttons, and hence more cool games and giveaways.  Maybe I should have put this in the "suggestions" forum?

Canuckguy

Re: Google Ads
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2005, 01:12 PM »
Good idea.  Bump.

Bailey

« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2005, 02:04 AM »
Just to let you know i don't have a prob with ads, am a local on afterdawn.com forums, and they have an ad now inserted every 5 messages or so, but growth of the bopdy requires growth of the mind.  Yeah i'm spiritual, wanna fight about it? lol.

cat-dog

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2005, 04:40 AM »
re-added the ads to the front page, and stuck one at the bottom of the latest headlines window, which refreshes every 30 seconds or whatever - so that should help with page impressions.

I wouldn't ever dare do anything like adding ad messages in posts, I like not having to see them half the time :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Bailey

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2005, 09:33 AM »
yeah sorry bout that, didn't read the first post properly..

bigbenjamin

« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2005, 11:39 PM »
Just clicked on one of the tiny ads at the bottom of the page (revenues finance trivia prizes), and got this cool recipe:
Shortbread Cookies

With only four ingredients, this is an excellent starter recipe. Decorate the finished cookies with cherries, nuts or candied sprinkles.

Ingredients

2 cups   butter, softened   500 mL
1 cup   sugar   250 mL
1/4 cup   corn starch   50 mL
4 cups   ROBIN HOOD® All Purpose Flour    1000 mL

Preparation

CREAM butter and sugar until light.

STIR in corn starch and flour. Knead well with hands to blend in last of flour.

TURN out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/4" (6 mm) thickness. Cut in desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets.

SPRINKLE with coloured sugar or decorate as desired with cherries, nuts, etc.

BAKE at at 300°F (150°C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until very lightly browned. (Time will depend on size of cookies.)

So, with one click I helped our cyber Sunnyvale AND I got a good, new recipe!

clickin cheers!

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Cool, I just got a recipe for making French bread:)
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Bailey

« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2005, 06:27 AM »

LMAO GhostDog is thre even need for a recipe, unless i've been cooking them wrong all this time, i thought it was just bread dipped in egg yolk and fried, goes off in puruit of recipe, and BB, when can we expect your next recipe, god knows i love to eat.

Phil.

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #8 on: Oct 07, 2005, 07:25 AM »
You guys are way better than me.  You cook based on recipies ...... I cook from take out menu's :)..  As long as the ads help out the VTP then I have no problem with them or clicking on them ocassionally to see what's up with them - know what I'm sayin'?

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2005, 02:59 PM »
Ooooh, an ad for games took me to some Sudoku site! I have recently been turned on to Sudoku, so now here's a new reason to spend more time on the computer (is that good or bad?).
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

bigbenjamin

« Reply #10 on: Oct 15, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Just clicked on the tiny ads that provide trivia prize $$$ for the ORG, and HEY, I got brunch from  Robin Hood Flour:

Cheese, Corn and Bacon Pancakes

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups   ROBIN HOOD® Original Homestyle Pancake Mix   300 mL
1 cup   water   250 mL
1/3 cup   cornmeal   75 mL
1/3 cup   boiling water   75 mL
1/2 cup   grated Cheddar cheese   125 mL
1/2 cup   corn kernels   125 mL
1/2 cup   diced, cooked bacon (8 slices)   125 mL
2 tbsp   green onions   30 mL

Preparation

PREHEAT skillet or griddle to medium-high heat (375ºF/190ºC). Pour boiling water over cornmeal. Set aside.

COMBINE pancake mix and water, mixing until smooth. Add cornmeal mixture; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.

COOK pancakes as directed on package using about 1/4 cup (50 mL) batter for each.

TIPS

Try ham or cooked sausage instead of bacon. Serve with salsa for a real treat.

Fuck a duck, that sounds like some FINE grub, eh?

mouthful of cheers!

JulianRocks

« Reply #11 on: Oct 15, 2005, 12:51 PM »

LMAO GhostDog is thre even need for a recipe, unless i've been cooking them wrong all this time, i thought it was just bread dipped in egg yolk and fried, goes off in puruit of recipe, and BB, when can we expect your next recipe, god knows i love to eat.

Phil.

Bailey hun.... that's French Toast you're talking about. French Bread is a whole different thing. :wink:

monkeon

• www.monkeon.tk
« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2005, 07:33 AM »
This threads making me feel hungy only another few hours till dinner (stomach rumbles) counting the seconds :D

Mr. Lahey: Birds of a shitfeather flock together, Randy.
QUOTE GENEROUSLY SUPPLIED BY THE KING OF BELGIUM DJET3K[/b] WHO IS FAKKIN' SHITTASTIC

Bailey

« Reply #13 on: Oct 24, 2005, 05:32 AM »

Phil.

Bailey hun.... that's French Toast you're talking about. French Bread is a whole different thing. :wink:

lmao, i'm leaving this room right now before i do anything else stoopid :)